North East Buses

Full Version: Deliberately downgrading a flagship route
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(23 May 2022, 2:54 pm)Storx Wrote: [ -> ]See I was thinking that but realistically nowhere really needs any Streetdecks either tbh without creating a micro fleet at Riverside, Deptford or Percy Main but they don't really need them either unless it's pointless upgrades like the 24.

The Enviro's to Riverside could be an option but I'm not sure what routes really need them there either.

It depends where the new electrics are going though as it's arguably now going to be either the 58 or Q3. Can't see them going on the 57 anymore when it doesn't run on an evening, that seems a waste which will free up even more Deckers or Versa's.

There's going to be a lot of buses swapping around whatever happens.
Is it possible the 57 would get Versa's Euro 6 Referbed ones off 25, and GNE move the electric vehicles

(23 May 2022, 4:22 pm)L469 YVK Wrote: [ -> ]Only issue with the X45 going standalone is that you'd be stretching the driving & duty hours. It's okayish an Arriva Blyth depot driver doing a 5 hour stint on the 308 as they effectively walk out and are back at base or a short walk to the depot.

Plus, would it not be simpler keeping all the Consett 'XLines' routes the same type? If the E400MMCs do all of them and StreetDecks end up on the 21, it would simplify the decker manufacturers across both Consett & CLS too.

Consett - ADL & Volvo
CLS - WrightBus (Integral) & Volvo (x3 B5TLs spare)

So you'd have something like this

E400MMC
- 6338-40 - X31
- 6341-49 - X45/X71/X72 (All bike friendly)
- 6350-51 - Spare

StreetDeck
- 6331 - X21
- 6332-33 - Washington Spares
- 6356-62 - X21
- 6363-76 - X1
- 6377 - X21

B5TL
- 6308-13 - 47
- 6314 - CLS Spare
- 6334-35 - CLS Spare

B5LH
- 6056-63 - 16/16A
- 6064 - Consett Spare
- 6065-70 - Re-deployed to backseat role

B9TL
- 6043-44 - Riverside (1x spare and 1x extra for 58)
- 6045-48 - X5/X15
THey could be used for the X20

Honestly is there any Newcastle service which could get electric buses. Surely the 57 could do with Optares or Streetlites
(23 May 2022, 4:23 pm)Unber43 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible the 57 would get Versa's Euro 6 Referbed ones off 25, and GNE move the electric vehicles

THey could be used for the X20

Honestly is there any Newcastle service which could get electric buses. Surely the 57 could do with Optares or Streetlites
X20 wouldn't be a bad(ish) shout for 6065-70. But the PVR would be short by 1x and would they be able to handle the X20? Plus does the X20 warrant deckers?

I know I have my gripes with the B5TLs, mainly becuase they got run ragged early on in their lives on the X9/X10. But I get GNE have their reasons behind fleet allocations etc.

However, putting nearly new high-spec StreetDecks on the 47 alongside E400MMCs on the X45 will only dilute the XLines brand. Putting nearly new StreetDecks on the X21 however, that would give the wow factor to customers.

When changes are finalised and published, they could put out something like this.

47:
- In response to customer feedback, we will be reinstating higher specification newer buses on this service.

X21:
- We will be adding even better buses with even more comfy seating and wireless phone charging on most journeys.

In response to the Consett interworking patterns, allocating E400MMCs on the X45/X71/X72 all interworking, will not only give early morning, evening and Sunday flexibility, but also flexibility during the daytimes too should a 'full height' decker need to be called on such as 6064.
(23 May 2022, 5:26 pm)L469 YVK Wrote: [ -> ]X20 wouldn't be a bad(ish) shout for 6065-70. But the PVR would be short by 1x and would they be able to handle the X20? Plus does the X20 warrant deckers?

I know I have my gripes with the B5TLs, mainly becuase they got run ragged early on in their lives on the X9/X10. But I get GNE have their reasons behind fleet allocations etc.

However, putting nearly new high-spec StreetDecks on the 47 alongside E400MMCs on the X45 will only dilute the XLines brand. Putting nearly new StreetDecks on the X21 however, that would give the wow factor to customers.

When changes are finalised and published, they could put out something like this.

47:
- In response to customer feedback, we will be reinstating higher specification newer buses on this service.

X21:
- We will be adding even better buses with even more comfy seating and wireless phone charging on most journeys.

In response to the Consett interworking patterns, allocating E400MMCs on the X45/X71/X72 all interworking, will not only give early morning, evening and Sunday flexibility, but also flexibility during the daytimes too should a 'full height' decker need to be called on such as 6064.
The X20 is only a PVR 6 which covers it. I wouldn’t say it needs a decker especially on a evening but it could just be switched at Deptford for a Graphite (which it should be every night except Fridays) you could use some of the voyagers as spares.

Also X5/X15 should get USB if they get the ex red kite rangers in fact they should already have them with Tyne Valley 10 & 56
Pages: 1 2 3 4