North East Buses

Full Version: South Tyneside/Sunderland Service Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
So i had a thought to what the 24's allocation will be.
We'll either have the Violet Citaros that are coming off the 55 if they do not go on the Blue branding
or typical Streetlites.

I wonder if the 24 will get branding in the future obviously when GNE have the money and time to do it
(30 Jun 2022, 1:05 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]So i had a thought to what the 24's allocation will be.
We'll either have the Violet Citaros that are coming off the 55 if they do not go on the Blue branding
or typical Streetlites.

I wonder if the 24 will get branding in the future obviously when GNE have the money and time to do it
Interwork with the 26 I think
(30 Jun 2022, 1:05 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]So i had a thought to what the 24's allocation will be.
or typical Streetlites.

I think its gonna interwork with the 5 & 26, with the 24 & 26 only on evenings. With the 5 & 9 interworking on Evenings. 

Then on a Evening the 5&9&60&61 will all interwork. 

It is possible that the 5&9 will just stayed interworked as it does now but with the 24 every 15 mins I really see that interworking with the 5&26
No-one has a clue. There's a lot of rumours turning into facts here like.
(30 Jun 2022, 1:26 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I think its gonna interwork with the 5 & 26, with the 24 & 26 only on evenings. With the 5 & 9 interworking on Evenings. 

Then on a Evening the 5&9&60&61 will all interwork. 

It is possible that the 5&9 will just stayed interworked as it does now but with the 24 every 15 mins I really see that interworking with the 5&26
So that would mean the 26 would move to Deptford. so if that happens the 50 will become solo?
(30 Jun 2022, 3:46 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]So that would mean the 26 would move to Deptford. so if that happens the 50 will become solo?

Yes the 26 is moving to Deptford.
(30 Jun 2022, 3:47 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Yes the 26 is moving to Deptford.
Didn't expect to hear that. Would be nicer at Percy Main and have a few rare workings.
July 24th is gonna be a very interesting day
(30 Jun 2022, 3:46 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]So that would mean the 26 would move to Deptford. so if that happens the 50 will become solo?
Yes it would. 

I believe with the 50 changes it will add extra time on the route so it wouldn't have a 20 min layover in Shields. And the 50 would become double decker operated
Hopefully people will use the 50 if they need to get to Sheilds, especially since the 20 isn't going to Sheilds anymore

I think the 50 on Sundays be doing the short x20

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 Jun 2022, 3:59 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]I think the 50 on Sundays be doing the short x20

Yes, i think Dan said in the changes thread that the X20 would be operated by Washington on Sundays.
So it will do the Langley and Durham run then do the 50 Durham to Marsden run

(30 Jun 2022, 3:58 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Yes it would. 

I believe with the 50 changes it will add extra time on the route so it wouldn't have a 20 min layover in Shields. And the 50 would become double decker operated
Hopefully people will use the 50 if they need to get to Sheilds, especially since the 20 isn't going to Sheilds anymore
It will become so busy in the next few weeks. past experiances on the Omnicity it would be filled after Concord so hopefully the Streetdecks will do a good job. They suit the route which i cant lie.
Would make sense just to keep the violet buses as 24/26 branding. Just change the destinations and therefore save another repaint
(30 Jun 2022, 4:08 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Would make sense just to keep the violet buses as 24/26 branding. Just change the destinations and therefore save another repaint
There isn't enough, you would need 5 just for the 24.
(30 Jun 2022, 4:08 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Would make sense just to keep the violet buses as 24/26 branding. Just change the destinations and therefore save another repaint
Probably also should change the name, given the 26 doesn't go to Sunderland, or anywhere near it Wink
Aww yeah forgot the stupid Sunderland and district branding
(30 Jun 2022, 4:14 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]Aww yeah forgot the stupid Sunderland and district branding
I think we can say S&D Branding was a utter failure. 

What a waste of money
(30 Jun 2022, 4:19 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I think we can say S&D Branding was a utter failure. 

What a waste of money

Hopefully the start of dropping the pointless Sunderland and district rainbow colours brands

I wonder if the 61 will gain the 55 violets citarios ?

(30 Jun 2022, 4:28 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Hopefully the start of dropping the pointless Sunderland and district rainbow colours brands

With the Small Bus Rota losing X6(presumably)/62/X20), I wonder if the 61 will be operated by Solo's.
(30 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]With the Small Bus Rota losing X6(presumably)/62/X20), I wonder if the 61 will be operated by Solo's.

Can’t see passengers from murton on a half hourly service to Sunderland crammed onto solo’s

I think the x6 still be solos as I think there be inter worked with Peterlee local services

(30 Jun 2022, 4:28 pm)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]Hopefully the start of dropping the pointless Sunderland and district rainbow colours brands

Doubt it there's quite a few Streetlite's going spare.

The ones off the 50, as I assume that'll be Streetdeck operated, some off the 78 extension being curtailed, some from the 12 frequency reduction - possibly opportunity for one of those to be ran by the numerous Versa's doing nothing from the 25/28/29 (potentially).

Also it depends on what is operating what. The 5/26 could easily be Solo operated and work independent like they did for years under the South Tyne Versa's, or those themselves use the Versa's leaving the short based Streetlites for the 61 - it's all just rumours and guesswork the 5/24/26 are interworking.

Not to mention there's electrics due which no doubt will see Versa's / B9's off, I'm guessing the Q3 or 58 will be the route for them since the 57 isn't running in evening anymore.
(30 Jun 2022, 4:30 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]With the Small Bus Rota losing X6(presumably)/62/X20), I wonder if the 61 will be operated by Solo's.
Hope not. Was on a solo on the 61 today (off-peak) and it got a bit busy (the previous two had been cancelled but still).
Pages: 1 2 3 4