North East Buses

Full Version: Deptford Allocations | Route Learning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw 5369 at Gateshead today on Route Learning for what I assume is the 56. I mean why use a branded bus, so I thought I would look at the 60 as I know there is one spare maybe a good use of a spare, well, there was 3 "replacement" buses on the 60, great use of branding. 

However it did look like there was about 20 drivers on it, these July changes must have had serious driver rota changes, I know the X20 was going onto the Big BUs Rota (which I believe is the blue Rota)
(28 Jul 2022, 6:21 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I saw 5369 at Gateshead today on Route Learning for what I assume is the 56. I mean why use a branded bus, so I thought I would look at the 60 as I know there is one spare maybe a good use of a spare, well, there was 3 "replacement" buses on the 60, great use of branding. 

However it did look like there was about 20 drivers on it, these July changes must have had serious driver rota changes, I know the X20 was going onto the Big BUs Rota (which I believe is the blue Rota)
There's a Drifter on the 65, just saw it about 15 minutes ago.
Should branded buses even be a thing a Deptford, there is currently 3 Prince Bishops on the 26/5/9/24 Circuit, with 2 Corporate on the 20.

I must say Drifters VOR is quite high with 5 out of the 8 not being on. That could be due to the cancellations off this morning, but it is getting beyond a joke.
GNE need going back to the basics, branding the buses in the Sunderland and district brands was always going to fail especially if deptford fleet is more branded buses than corporate buses, made a mockery out of the Sunderland and district name and not using the original brand colours, it seems GNE are more biased with the consett fleet (with using the venture name and original colours, and overdone with the xlines brand , If double deckers were allocated on the 78 GNE would of came up with the idea of having that as xlines aswell, and using deptford for all crap ideas, all services from deptford should be in corporate colours even the 20 and 60, there need to restart there image again but from scratch and not branded routes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(29 Jul 2022, 8:43 am)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Should branded buses even be a thing a Deptford, there is currently 3 Prince Bishops on the 26/5/9/24 Circuit, with 2 Corporate on the 20.

I must say Drifters VOR is quite high with 5 out of the 8 not being on. That could be due to the cancellations off this morning, but it is getting beyond a joke.

You're going to have this until re-paints etc are completed. The paint shop only has a limited capacity, and I don't think GNE could win whichever way they did it. Doing re-paints beforehand would have suggested the consultation had a pre-determined outcome, and doing them afterwards ends up in enthusiasts (I don't think the general public care) complaining about incorrect allocations.

(29 Jul 2022, 9:34 am)cbma06 wrote [ -> ]GNE need going back to the basics, branding the buses in the Sunderland and district brands was always going to fail especially if deptford fleet is more branded buses than corporate buses, made a mockery out of the Sunderland and district name and not using the original brand colours, it seems GNE are more biased with the consett fleet (with using the venture name and original colours, and overdone with the xlines brand , If double deckers were allocated on the 78 GNE would of came up with the idea of having that as xlines aswell, and using deptford for all crap ideas, all services from deptford should be in corporate colours even the 20 and 60, there need to restart there image again but from scratch and not branded routes.

How many people are going to remember the Sunderland and District name together with the blue colour scheme? It was introduced around 1970 and work started re-painting them out of it during 1975, so anyone younger than about 50 is not going to remember it!
(29 Jul 2022, 9:50 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]You're going to have this until re-paints etc are completed. The paint shop only has a limited capacity, and I don't think GNE could win whichever way they did it. Doing re-paints beforehand would have suggested the consultation had a pre-determined outcome, and doing them afterwards ends up in enthusiasts (I don't think the general public care) complaining about incorrect allocations.

How many people are going to remember the Sunderland and District name together with the blue colour scheme? It was introduced around 1970 and work started re-painting them out of it during 1975, so anyone younger than about 50 is not going to remember it!

Sunderland and district brand was still around in the 90’s , quite a few minibuses were painted in them around Sunderland and Houghton and even Washington.

There must remember the venture brand then

(29 Jul 2022, 9:50 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]You're going to have this until re-paints etc are completed. The paint shop only has a limited capacity, and I don't think GNE could win whichever way they did it. Doing re-paints beforehand would have suggested the consultation had a pre-determined outcome, and doing them afterwards ends up in enthusiasts (I don't think the general public care) complaining about incorrect allocations.

Did they ever even finish the repaints from the Unfit for the Future changes, or whatever came next though?  Does seem like someone else said, a bit like the Forth Bridge in terms of needing repaints, as services change before the previous changes have even bedded in.  Pretty sure there's been excess Prince Bishops knocking around for ages now (though to be fair that may be down to the "temporary" timetable introduced last year?)
(28 Jul 2022, 6:21 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I saw 5369 at Gateshead today on Route Learning for what I assume is the 56. I mean why use a branded bus, so I thought I would look at the 60 as I know there is one spare maybe a good use of a spare, well, there was 3 "replacement" buses on the 60, great use of branding. 

Blue rota is what new starters go on.

I saw 5430 (?) parked up NIS at Hetton Interchange earlier today, but I'm not sure if it was for route learning (and if so, which route)
(29 Jul 2022, 9:14 pm)wibblejunior wrote [ -> ]I saw 5430 (?) parked up NIS at Hetton Interchange earlier today, but I'm not sure if it was for route learning (and if so, which route)
Its probably the changeover vehicle which drivers from Deptford come in for the 65. 

Well looking at BusTimes, it seemed it replaced something
I've was on a perterlee purple a few days ago on 29. Forgot how roomy those solos are inside
(30 Jul 2022, 9:02 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I've was on a perterlee purple a few days ago on 29. Forgot how roomy those solos are inside
Solo SRs have plrnty of leg room. More than E200s or... Remember the MPDs? Not enough room even for my stubby legs Big Grin
(30 Jul 2022, 9:02 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]I've was on a perterlee purple a few days ago on 29. Forgot how roomy those solos are inside
Yes, same with all of the Versas I've been on - it's why I like than so much.