North East Buses

Full Version: GNE Management Structure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Given all the alleged failures of management, do we know what the new management structure will be at GNE?

Have East Yorkshire been separated yet, or are they still under GNE for now, and how will it work with Nigel being over both GNE and GNW?
(31 Aug 2022, 9:01 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Given all the alleged failures of management, do we know what the new management structure will be at GNE?

Have East Yorkshire been separated yet, or are they still under GNE for now, and how will it work with Nigel being over both GNE and GNW?

Probably no different when he oversaw Arriva North East when he was gaffer of Arriva Yorkshire.  At that time ANE I think had Nick Knox as the local MD reporting to Nigel, so with GAG looking for an area Director for GNE, seems to be the same sort of structure.
(31 Aug 2022, 9:01 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Given all the alleged failures of management, do we know what the new management structure will be at GNE?

Managing Director 

Commercial Director

Head of Engineering 

Head of Marketing 

Thats what I would assume and imo makes most sense
(31 Aug 2022, 1:25 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Managing Director 

Commercial Director

Head of Engineering 

Head of Marketing 

Thats what I would assume and imo makes most sense

It's already been confirmed that there will be an area director at GNE reporting to Nigel Featham at GNW who will be MDs of both companies.
Hopefully they appoint somebody sooner rather than later, as some serious bridge building needs to be done by the company with the local stakeholders. I understand trust and good faith levels are almost as bad as the QCS era. Nice legacy to leave!

Wouldn't be surprised if in 6-12 months all the senior management teams are restructured and one or two senior people are "future endeavoured"
Looks like wor Daniel has been promoted to Commercial Development Manager... whatever that is!

https://twitter.com/Dan3942/status/1565379658291503105
(01 Sep 2022, 5:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looks like wor Daniel has been promoted to Commercial Development Manager... whatever that is!

Also known as 'Head of Titivation'.

Drinks are in the infamous Microbus tonight to celebrate if you're free?
(01 Sep 2022, 5:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Also known as 'Head of Titivation'.

is this a offer to streetdeck or everyone on this forum?

Unfortunately my last bus home was at 4pm so I'll have to give it a miss!

HOtit is quite the abbreviation!
(01 Sep 2022, 5:24 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]is this a offer to streetdeck or everyone on this forum?

I reckon if its open to all forum members, you would be at the front of the queue so you could catch your 28 home.
(01 Sep 2022, 5:37 pm)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I reckon if its open to all forum members, you would be at the front of the queue so you could catch your 28 home.

29 and if its running!
(01 Sep 2022, 5:37 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]29 and if its running!

At least you'll have a next bus board to keep an eye on, and you only need to stumble out the door and you're at your stop Big Grin
(01 Sep 2022, 5:38 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]At least you'll have a next bus board to keep an eye on, and you only need to stumble out the door and you're at your stop Big Grin

after the match i dink in the 3 bulls and i stuble out of there for the bus and still manage to miss it!
(01 Sep 2022, 5:24 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]is this a offer to streetdeck or everyone on this forum?

Wonder if this celebration actually existed, and how many people turned up for it, regardless of it's existence
(01 Sep 2022, 8:48 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Wonder if this celebration actually existed, and how many people turned up for it, regardless of it's existence

i would, unless it was held in a coffee shop or somewhere like that!
(02 Sep 2022, 9:31 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]i would, unless it was held in a coffee shop or somewhere like that!

I had you down as a cappuccino type of guy like or maybe latte at a push!
(02 Sep 2022, 10:40 am)citaro5284 wrote [ -> ]I had you down as a cappuccino type of guy like or maybe latte at a push!
Irish coffee for me
(01 Sep 2022, 5:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Looks like wor Daniel has been promoted to Commercial Development Manager... whatever that is!

Well in the Titanic division of Go Ahead I'd imagine it's responsibility for 

School contracts, metro replacements, private hire, appearing in many Roger French blogs, pretty printed timetables, enthusiast pleasing and wringing councils for as much cash as possible to run buses - perhaps help cut a few more routes.

Give it a few months and the new cost cutting investment group that are taking over will have Stephen King out and wor Dan will be doing his job at half the cost...though its inexplicable how the Commerical Manager of the current abject failure is stil in his role.....
(02 Sep 2022, 11:07 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Well in the Titanic division of Go Ahead I'd imagine it's responsibility for 

School contracts, metro replacements, private hire, appearing in many Roger French blogs, pretty printed timetables, enthusiast pleasing and wringing councils for as much cash as possible to run buses - perhaps help cut a few more routes.

Give it a few months and the new cost cutting investment group that are taking over will have Stephen King out and wor Dan will be doing his job at half the cost... though its inexplicable how the Commerical Manager of the current abject failure is stil in his role..... 

But he wins prizes, collects trophies and gets his back patted. All on a regular basis. 

So he must be good at his role.
Pages: 1 2