North East Buses

Full Version: who thinks stockton as fair to many pulsars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who thinks stockton  as fair to many pulsars and could do with some streetlites maybe a few from Redcar perhaps
Why’s that?
It would be nice from an enthusiast’s prospective to have different types of buses but I think operationally wise it makes sense to have lots of the same type of bus for parts, cost and general convince
The fact Stockton has so many Pulsars is arguably one of the best things about the depot - you've got almost a fully standardised fleet of one vehicle type. If anything it would make more sense for Stockton to send it's Streetlites to Redcar, Darlington or Durham in exchange for Pulsars.
(26 Oct 2022, 5:36 pm)Thomas12 wrote [ -> ]Why’s that?
 it would help Redcar out with their manger issues which is the Lites
(26 Oct 2022, 5:55 pm)nick 33 wrote [ -> ] it would help Redcar out with their manger issues which is the Lites

Redcar has been a depot full of broken buses for years, can't see that changing anytime soon.
I quite like the Pulsars, I don't think they're really suited for the X12 (the MAX ones are hideous) but for normal town work, I'd take them over the E300s stagecoach have. 

They are certainly a LOT better than Streetlites too.
I like to think of the Pulsars as the least worst buses in Arriva's fleet. Tbh I don't really mind the Streetlites either (I've kinda got used to the rattling since I used to live on the 22's route.)
Personally not a fan of the Pulsar mainly because they're worse than a Commander in pretty much every way.

Very much a downgrade especially in terms of rattles including the annoying Emergency Exit door problem which plagues Streetlite's aswell.

Not sure what went wrong considering under the body they're the same chassis.
I don't particularly mind the Pulsars we have on the 6, but maybe that's because I'm rarely on them for more than 15 minutes!

I don't know why the door issue with the Streetlites still exists, it's been an issue for years! GNE have fixed some of theirs (I believe it was the engine mounts that did it?), and the ones that are sorted are actually a really nice bus!
Do agree that stockton should send their streetlites to redcar to displace the pulsar and basing some up in whitby too to support decker shortage
Ngl most of the pulsars I have been on are horrible like when they stop they shake like mad and its not a surprise as they are getting on now. Hopefully next year they will invest in some e200mmcs? That would be good for longer routes as pulsars get uncomfortable especially with that horrible max seating
(27 Oct 2022, 10:45 pm)Ryland wrote [ -> ]Do agree that stockton should send their streetlites to redcar to displace the pulsar and basing some up in whitby too to support decker 

Streetlites are not the best fortge x93 so Stockton lites can remain at Stockton