North East Buses

Full Version: Scarborough to Newcastle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question, I see the Arriva North East Regionwide Ticket at £8.60 is incredible value and was looking at using it tomorrow (Sat 29th) from Scarborough to Newcastle via the X93/X94 and the X12. (might take the train to Newcastle from Boro if time is tight) Any issues doing this journey Scarbro to Newcastle with this ticket ? Never used this ticket before so just a bit wary in case of any problems. Don't foresee any but any info would be welcomed.
Of course going back to Scarborough afterwards too. What is the single fare from Scarborough to Middlesbrough on the X93/X94 by the way for comparison ? 
Ta v much
(28 Oct 2022, 6:59 pm)Dextrovert wrote [ -> ]Quick question, I see the Arriva North East Regionwide Ticket at £8.60 is incredible value and was looking at using it tomorrow (Sat 29th) from Scarborough to Newcastle via the X93/X94 and the X12. (might take the train to Newcastle from Boro if time is tight) Any issues doing this journey Scarbro to Newcastle with this ticket ? Never used this ticket before so just a bit wary in case of any problems. Don't foresee any but any info would be welcomed.
Of course going back to Scarborough afterwards too. What is the single fare from Scarborough to Middlesbrough on the X93/X94 by the way for comparison ? 
Ta v much

Our customer services opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm and Saturday 9am to 3pm.

NEB Customer Services
you shouldn't have any issues, i'd say all drivers will be aware of the validity of regionwides

an explorer may be more appropriate if you're pushed for time so you can use the X10, and it'll be cheaper than getting a train
(28 Oct 2022, 7:47 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]you shouldn't have any issues, i'd say all drivers will be aware of the validity of regionwides

an explorer may be more appropriate if you're pushed for time so you can use the X10, and it'll be cheaper than getting a train
I'd also suggest just buying the ticket on the app if going for the Arriva ticket. That way the ticket machine gets to decide validity and not the driver!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(28 Oct 2022, 8:28 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I'd also suggest just buying the ticket on the app if going for the Arriva ticket. That way the ticket machine gets to decide validity and not the driver!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
 QR code?
(28 Oct 2022, 6:59 pm)Dextrovert wrote [ -> ]Quick question, I see the Arriva North East Regionwide Ticket at £8.60 is incredible value and was looking at using it tomorrow (Sat 29th) from Scarborough to Newcastle via the X93/X94 and the X12. (might take the train to Newcastle from Boro if time is tight) Any issues doing this journey Scarbro to Newcastle with this ticket ? Never used this ticket before so just a bit wary in case of any problems. Don't foresee any but any info would be welcomed.
Ta v much

Probably cheaper to get a day ticket for the whole journey