North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Awards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Seems like GNE have won an award for...

The Buses for Pleasure sponsored by @CBWtweets SILVER WINNER is....
Toon Tour, Seasider X11 and the X75, @gonortheast
The Marketing sponsored by Coach & Bus 23 ( @DiversifiedUK ) GOLD WINNER Jobs with Real Purpose,@gonortheast CONGRATULATIONS
The Bus and the Community sponsored by @yourHeathrow SILVER WINNER @gonortheast CONGRATULATIONS! 
The Culture Change SILVER WINNER@gonortheast CONGRATULATIONS!  #BusWinners22 #MadeIt #UKBA
Other companies, Preston Bus, Stagecoach Preston, Diamond Bus NW, Abellio London, TransDev, Arriva London, Stagecoach Areas, Uno. 

All won awards, from what I saw on Twitter ArrivaNE nor SCNE won any awards
Do people still pay attention to these awards? Nothing more than back patting from their mates in the industry. The subjects seem to get wackier to fit into whatever the 'winner' has done.

I won an award for swimming once, despite not being able to swim. Half of the companies who have won awards can't run a bus service either.
If there was an award for "Least Worst Major Bus Operator in the North East", I think it's safe to assume that it'd go to Stagecoach.
(17 Nov 2022, 7:54 pm)wibblejunior wrote [ -> ]If there was an award for "Least Worst Major Bus Operator in the North East", I think it's safe to assume that it'd go to Stagecoach.

Debatable mind, Arriva mishandled Jesmond and GNE mishandled CLS but Stagecoach currently have an ongoing strike with no end date in sight and also had a long strike in Teesside which was also mishandled. Plus Arriva made investment in their fleet which gives them some kudo points.

They're all as bad as each other but Stagecoach is the only company which actually got to a strike (twice) which is pretty damning.
Without going over old ground, I'd replied to another thread about the reality of these awards. On the most part, it's a manufactured process with a manufactured outcome, so far from the real world.
If there was an award for most nonsense awards, I'm sure GNE would win that as well.
(17 Nov 2022, 9:27 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]If there was an award for most nonsense awards, I'm sure GNE would win that as well.

I dunno like... there's a few posters on here that might fancy that one themselves Big Grin
Things appear to be in full swing for the upcoming UK Bus Awards 2023.

As you can see by this tweet, the panel is totally representative of the travelling public: https://twitter.com/UKBusAwards/status/1...7959622679
(23 Aug 2023, 8:44 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Things appear to be in full swing for the upcoming UK Bus Awards 2023.

As you can see by this tweet, the panel is totally representative of the travelling public: https://twitter.com/UKBusAwards/status/1...7959622679

What's the collective noun for a group of middle-aged men wearing short sleeved shirts, who say they're independent but aren't?
Well Dan has tweeted claiming its prestigious...no doubt on his PDR objectives for this year!

Exactly what brilliant things have been achieved in the industry - nothing at all in this region
That Roger French on the left? If so he should not be picking awards considering the connections with the industry and is as independent as Tony Blair doing rewards for politics.
(23 Aug 2023, 8:44 am)Adrian wrote [ -> ]Things appear to be in full swing for the upcoming UK Bus Awards 2023.

Whenever I see posts on the likes of Roger French's Twitter, apart from Arriva bashing, it always seems to be whatever is considered to be good or just all the nice routes and companies, whilst I think promoting bus travel is a good thing, I would for once like to see them do some of the more renowned bad operations around the country which could potentially force more action against the bad aspects of bus travel, can't imagine Roger ever getting stuck in the likes of Thropton cos PCL Travel decides to stop running a route without notice or a driver decides to boot ya off the bus before the terminus stop of a route like I've (and or others) encountered over the years.
Rog is particularly nice to those companies who pay his pension and would love it to be 1970 again
(23 Aug 2023, 11:15 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]Well Dan has tweeted claiming its prestigious...no doubt on his PDR objectives for this year!

Exactly what brilliant things have been achieved in the industry - nothing at all in this region

I'd be embarrassed getting up and collecting an award if I worked for them.

However, if I lived on cloud cuckoo land and thought me and my employer had done a good job over the last year, then I'd be hoping to win an award and loving the back-patting that came my way as a result.

(23 Aug 2023, 2:13 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ] Whenever I see posts on the likes of Roger French's Twitter, apart from Arriva bashing, it always seems to be whatever is considered to be good or just all the nice routes and companies, whilst I think promoting bus travel is a good thing, I would for once like to see them do some of the more renowned bad operations around the country which could potentially force more action against the bad aspects of bus travel, can't imagine Roger ever getting stuck in the likes of Thropton cos PCL Travel decides to stop running a route without notice or a driver decides to boot ya off the bus before the terminus stop of a route like I've (and or others) encountered over the years.

It's called the clique Jimmi. 

Only back-patters are allowed to enter or be nominated.
Wonder if abandoning passengers and subsequent publicity in the Daily Mail counts towards the award?

Charles
This strip is probably quite apt: https://knowyourmeme.com/photos/962640-this-is-fine
Personally, I can't wait for this, one of the biggest events on the calendar.

The glitz, the glamour, the speculation of who will be wearing what, and whom will be shagging whom afterwards.

I wonder what 'Our Very Own Dan' will be wearing whilst styling and prodiling down the red carpet? Will it be a Sam Smith-inspired rubber-esque one piece chicken suit, or will it be a one-off Jean Paul Gaultier creation reminiscent of what Madonna wore on her 'Blond Ambition' tour back in 1990?

Moving on from the fashion aspect, let's discuss the awards...

Who will win the award for 'Most gratuitous use of the word "prestigious" in a tweet'? The Roger French award of 'Most creative use of a free bus pass'? Or the Best Young Bus Manager (Under 60s) category? And, last but by no means least The 'Best Bus Company in the Cosmos'.award.

Of course, anyone who mocks these distinguished, well-respected, and well-attended event isn't a distinguished or well-respected bus enthusiast (.....LOL). So can we all stop criticising and complaining and support our local representatives and cheer when they receive their well deserved pat on the back.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk
It makes the Met look embarrassing
A little bird tells me that someone in the employ of Go North East might have made a strong impression on the judging panel.
(24 Aug 2023, 3:37 pm)R852 PRG wrote [ -> ]A little bird tells me that someone in the employ of Go North East might have made a strong impression on the judging panel.

Did you see Dan hand over the brown envelope stuffed with reddies?
Pages: 1 2 3