North East Buses

Full Version: Landmark Levelling Up Fund
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Iirc, Framwellgate Peth isn't far behind the other Durham locations and you could literally taste the difference during lockdown when there was hardly a car on it.
Although the A690 at West Rainton isn't on the high pollution list, I've a feeling it may be in the future. 

https://www.durham.gov.uk/article/28956/...-junctions

I also predict inevitable delays to the 20/20a during the works and then endless bleating on about priority measures at the lights after they've been finished.
Then potentially more works to install priority measures if DCC are feeling generous. Then the subsequent withdrawal or diversion of the 20/20a a year or two later.
Andreos1
https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/nor...n-15893433

There's the hot spots from before the pandemic. 
I don't think the bus operators taking their ball home will have made that much difference to the figures.

Yeh - i read this when it first came out and im sure i suggested then turning buses at gateshead so everyone could pile on the metro but the usual suspects moaned that " people dont like changing"  although forgetting the loads alight at GATESHEAD M to use it to elsewhere than town and also to board a bus to Metrocentre. I'm sure if the 21 started to turn at Gateshead ( and from what I've seen on the front of many a lot are already!!!! people would just get used to it and use the metro, mean lest Euro 27 buses in the city centre
Chucking people onto the Metro wouldn't work for people with concessionary bus passes, which they wouldn't be able to use.
(20 Jan 2023, 4:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Although the A690 at West Rainton isn't on the high pollution list, I've a feeling it may be in the future. 

I also predict inevitable delays to the 20/20a during the works and then endless bleating on about priority measures at the lights after they've been finished.
Then potentially more works to install priority measures if DCC are feeling generous. Then the subsequent withdrawal or diversion of the 20/20a a year or two later.
Honestly thats going to destory the 20/20A, really they need to bring back the X20 for this exact reason to langley park. 

Really they should offer a shuttle between West/East Rainton and have the buses just serve the area on the side of the carriage way which they are on, then the shuttle can go betwen them.
(20 Jan 2023, 4:13 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Although the A690 at West Rainton isn't on the high pollution list, I've a feeling it may be in the future. 

I must admit I usually moan about lights but those both junctions badly need something in particular Pittington Lane. It's a dangerous junction especially at peak times.

Can't imagine them causing too much issue as there's already lights at the P&R junction which work fine. It's not Gateshead, North Tyneside or Newcastle who are hopeless.
(20 Jan 2023, 6:57 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Chucking people onto the Metro wouldn't work for people with concessionary bus passes, which they wouldn't be able to use.

Can they not buy a gold card to give them free travel?
(21 Jan 2023, 8:04 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Can they not buy a gold card to give them free travel?
Do they buy it, or is it free?

It's one or the other, it can't be both

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
(21 Jan 2023, 8:06 am)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Do they buy it, or is it free?

It's one or the other, it can't be both

Well they pay £25 quid then the travel as much as they like without have to pay using coins or debit/credit card folr 364 days a year.... but i guess you know that already
(21 Jan 2023, 9:29 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Well they pay £25 quid then the travel as much as they like without have to pay using coins or debit/credit card folr 364 days a year.... but i guess you know that already
It’s £12 a year for T&W residents, I believe it’s more for Northumberland.
(21 Jan 2023, 9:58 am)RMF1254 wrote [ -> ]It’s £12 a year for T&W residents, I believe it’s more for Northumberland.

even better value
(21 Jan 2023, 9:58 am)RMF1254 wrote [ -> ]It’s £12 a year for T&W residents, I believe it’s more for Northumberland.

It's £24 for those outside of tyne and wear.
https://www.nexus.org.uk/metro-gold-card
(20 Jan 2023, 9:30 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]So which streets are the worst for pollution…

We know several Newcastle City Centre streets are along with Gosforth High Street, A1058 Coast Road, and Tyne Bridge/Central Motorway.
Anyone know which others are after that?
Hopefully if Nexus, Northumberland CC, GNE and Arriva all work together with a clean 5 minute service and joint ticketing, that should support a more 'local authority' bid rather than feeding the usual dog eat dog case. PVR would be 28x in total (306/308 = 14x & 309/310 = 14x).
(21 Jan 2023, 8:04 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Can they not buy a gold card to give them free travel?
For £24 a year if you live outside Tyne & Wear? That could well be the impetus for people who might want to throw what cash they do have at city centre stores, a few times a year, to just not bother.
(22 Jan 2023, 4:58 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]For £24 a year if you live outside Tyne & Wear? That could well be the impetus for people who might want to throw what cash they do have at city centre stores, a few times a year, to just not bother.

They could go and spend it at metrocentric, Durham, Sunderland Boro... alll have city centres.  How many people will having no buses in newcastle bring in extra? It was like a Utopia on new years day with no fumes from traffic at all.
(22 Jan 2023, 4:42 pm)L469 YVK wrote [ -> ]Hopefully if Nexus, Northumberland CC, GNE and Arriva all work together with a clean 5 minute service and joint ticketing, that should support a more 'local authority' bid rather than feeding the usual dog eat dog case. PVR would be 28x in total (306/308 = 14x & 309/310 = 14x).

If it's based purely on emissions then the 38 would be the better choice for the Coast Road and considering Stagecoach were the ones who commented on the funding coming it would suggest they've got something to do with it as I'm not sure why they'd be happy for their competitors getting funded buses.

My guess personally is something like this: Consett: X5/X15/16 (14), Riverside: 21 (16), Walkergate: 1/38 or 39/40 (22) with the 69 plates staying or displaced to the other two.

With a focus on both Durham and Newcastle; especially when Dickie Holden in Consett is fighting for his seat who has a minister role in transport right now.
(22 Jan 2023, 7:03 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]If it's based purely on emissions then the 38 would be the better choice for the Coast Road and considering Stagecoach were the ones who commented on the funding coming it would suggest they've got something to do with it as I'm not sure why they'd be happy for their competitors getting funded buses.

My guess personally is something like this: Consett: X5/X15/16 (14), Riverside: 21 (16), Walkergate: 1/38 or 39/40 (22) with the 69 plates staying or displaced to the other two.

With a focus on both Durham and Newcastle; especially when Dickie Holden in Consett is fighting for his seat who has a minister role in transport right now.

It's worth pointing out that the failed Transport North East ZEBRA bid was for just under £19 million too, so I wouldn't expect to see the use of this fund far-deviate from an already written business case.
(22 Jan 2023, 5:50 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]They could go and spend it at metrocentric, Durham, Sunderland Boro... alll have city centres.  How many people will having no buses in newcastle bring in extra? It was like a Utopia on new years day with no fumes from traffic at all.
Have you visited Durham and Sunderland City centres, lately? There ain't much there for shopping. Metrocentre isn't a city centre any more than Team Valley or the Arnison Centre are.

Even I have run out of reasons to venture into Durham city centre all that often and I live in walking distance.
(23 Jan 2023, 2:26 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]Have you visited Durham and Sunderland City centres, lately? There ain't much there for shopping. Metrocentre isn't a city centre any more than Team Valley or the Arnison Centre are.

Even I have run out of reasons to venture into Durham city centre all that often and I live in walking distance.

If I want something that I can't (or don't want to) get online, I don't bother with anywhere but Newcastle for it nowadays. Durham and the Metrocentre have been on a downward spiral for years, largely due to unsustainable rents. Sunderland is dead and buried as far as retail goes.

Newcastle is also very easy and hassle free to travel to compared to the others.
(23 Jan 2023, 2:40 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]If I want something that I can't (or don't want to) get online, I don't bother with anywhere but Newcastle for it nowadays. Durham and the Metrocentre have been on a downward spiral for years, largely due to unsustainable rents. Sunderland is dead and buried as far as retail goes.

Newcastle is also very easy and hassle free to travel to compared to the others.
The closest to Durham I get for shopping is Arnison Centre or the retail parks near Tesco, the actual city is awful.

The only thing I would actually bother going there for was CEX or Poundland, but they're both at Arnison Centre now

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6