North East Buses

Full Version: The Late Shows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The late shows are back for 2023 on the 19th & 20th of May

Stanley Travel will more than likely run the Friday service in Ouseburn & Stagecoach will run an open top service around Newcastle & Gateshead on the Saturday. I do wonder what Stagecoach will use cause I doubt the ALX400 will be allowed in Newcastle
One would hope they would borrow two or three of the 599 Open-Toppers, however that's not likely at all.
I'd imagine it might be a case of sub-contracting (in a way, or vehicle lease) with GNE's Euro 6 ToonTour buses.
The buses aren't banned - Stagecoach may just pay the CAZ charge
(06 Feb 2023, 9:44 am)Ambassador wrote [ -> ]The buses aren't banned - Stagecoach may just pay the CAZ charge

I think this is the likely option.  It would only cost £150 total for the three buses and I expect would be factored into the contract price with TW A&M.
(06 Feb 2023, 12:10 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote [ -> ]I think this is the likely option.  It would only cost £150 total for the three buses and I expect would be factored into the contract price with TW A&M.
Isn't it £50 each time the bus enters the zone? Either way, it's probably still going to be cheaper than bringing some the Lakes B5s over.
(06 Feb 2023, 1:47 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Isn't it £50 each time the bus enters the zone? Either way, it's probably still going to be cheaper than bringing some the Lakes B5s over.

No it's a per day charge so as long as doesn't re-enter after midnight would just be one £50 per bus.
Arguably Vintage Buses could be an option, as they're exempt.
(08 Feb 2023, 9:25 am)BusesInTheNorth wrote [ -> ]Arguably Vintage Buses could be an option, as they're exempt.

It's a commercial contract isn't it? It has to be a charity or non profit event to use that exception and Stagecoach is neither.