North East Buses

Full Version: Black bus stop signs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What’s these new black stop signs outside the Chester’s pub and university of Sunderland. Noticed them today sorry no photo
(20 Feb 2023, 11:28 pm)Acky81 wrote [ -> ]What’s these new black stop signs outside the Chester’s pub and university of Sunderland. Noticed them today sorry no photo
I think they are just a blank canvas until the new design is in okaxe. A few stops have the new flag now and also the timetables appear to be redesigned but I've never been close enough to see what they actually look like.
I thought the flag may be illuminated showing all services stopping there
Something to do with the autonomous vehicles in Sunderland, believe both stops are served by them maybe?
(21 Feb 2023, 7:21 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]Something to do with the autonomous vehicles in Sunderland, believe both stops are served by them maybe?
Well, there's been bus stops like that that aren't on the route of the auto vehicles (such as the one outside the Fulwell Grange, and the Royal Courts).

It's just they've put the new shelter up and haven't yet put the vynil on the flag.
(21 Feb 2023, 9:42 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Well, there's been bus stops like that that aren't on the route of the auto vehicles (such as the one outside the Fulwell Grange, and the Royal Courts).

It's just they've put the new shelter up and haven't yet put the vynil on the flag.

Ah that's fair I haven't seen any just seemed a co-incident they were both along there thought it might've used them as a marker where to stop.
The black bus stop signs are attached to the brand new bus stops with flowers for wildlife planted on top, they are being installed at a lot of sites, I guess the stickers have not been added to them yet but they re not black for any special reason
Im pretty sure some bus stops on the A690 between Prospect and Park Lane have been fitted with these Black Diamond Signs (im pretty sure they're diamond)
(21 Feb 2023, 10:49 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Im pretty sure some bus stops on the A690 between Prospect and Park Lane have been fitted with these Black Diamond Signs (im pretty sure they're diamond)
They're not. They're standard bus stop flags.
(24 Feb 2023, 11:29 am)F114TML wrote [ -> ]They're not. They're standard bus stop flags.

I don't know what anyone is going on about? Aren't bus stops black anyways?
Any photos?
(25 Feb 2023, 12:08 am)logidoodah wrote [ -> ]I don't know what anyone is going on about? Aren't bus stops black anyways?
no?
[Image: image.png]
#blackbusstopsmatter
(25 Feb 2023, 9:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]#blackbusstopsmatter

Almost had our first BDSM reference on the forum, there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(25 Feb 2023, 9:14 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]#blackbusstopsmatter

Some black bus stops when you reach alnwick
one at the playhouse
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.4119689,...384!8i8192
(25 Feb 2023, 9:27 pm)NEbushopper wrote [ -> ]Some black bus stops when you reach alnwick
one at the playhouse
https://www.google.com/maps/@55.4119689,...384!8i8192

Great.

Any more in the area?
Think there are some more but I have not been up there in about a month so can't really remember
(25 Feb 2023, 2:58 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Any photos?
I know I'm over a month late
[Image: 20230410_150554.jpg]
(10 Apr 2023, 2:45 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]I know I'm over a month late
[Image: 20230410_150554.jpg]

My favourite part about these is the lovely bow in the middle of the frame looking like they're struggling to take the weight of the soil on the top of them. Very reassuring.
Looks like they've started attaching regular Nexus flags to these now.
Pages: 1 2