North East Buses

Full Version: 6337
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Seeing 6337 again tonight after a long absence has me wondering  , given the wording of the Queens jubilee is no longer appropriate, I wonder if the wording could be changed to reflect the King's coronation, rather than a repaint, or if the intention is to keep ot the same?

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
(26 Feb 2023, 7:36 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]Seeing 6337 again tonight after a long absence has me wondering  , given the wording of the Queens jubilee is no longer appropriate, I wonder if the wording could be changed to reflect the King's coronation, rather than a repaint, or if the intention is to keep ot the same?

or perhaps repaint it in fleet livery.
(26 Feb 2023, 7:36 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]Seeing 6337 again tonight after a long absence has me wondering  , given the wording of the Queens jubilee is no longer appropriate, I wonder if the wording could be changed to reflect the King's coronation, rather than a repaint, or if the intention is to keep ot the same?

Lets remember that MG has gone, so painting for the sake of it will be kept minimum..
(27 Feb 2023, 2:57 pm)BusesInTheNorth wrote [ -> ]Lets remember that MG has gone, so painting for the sake of it will be kept minimum..

We shouldn't forget that it happened for over a decade before MG even arrived, but let's hope we've seen the last of it.
(27 Feb 2023, 2:57 pm)BusesInTheNorth wrote [ -> ]Lets remember that MG has gone, so painting for the sake of it will be kept minimum..
Yes I agree it wouldn't be cost effective to repaint so soon, but maybe the vinyls changed to commemorate the coronation as opposed to displaying the queens jubilee would be cheaper than a repaint?
(27 Feb 2023, 3:36 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]Yes I agree it wouldn't be cost effective to repaint so soon, but maybe the vinyls changed to commemorate the coronation as opposed to displaying the queens jubilee would be cheaper than a repaint?

It may be cheaper but there’s an ongoing revenue benefit from advertising if/when frames would be fitted to a bus that carries fleet livery, which would pay for the repaint several times over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(28 Feb 2023, 5:50 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It may be cheaper but there’s an ongoing revenue benefit from advertising if/when frames would be fitted to a bus that carries fleet livery, which would pay for the repaint several times over.

There's loads of feet livery buses running around with no advert frames on, you wonder why if there is much revenue to be gained from it
A lot of advertisements I see are for stuff particularly movies which came out months ago
(28 Feb 2023, 5:06 pm)Dans_bus_photos wrote [ -> ]There's loads of feet livery buses running around with no advert frames on, you wonder why if there is much revenue to be gained from it

Simple, because they're ugly and look cheap.

I hate looking at adverts, if there's an option to pay and not see ads, I'll pay it!
(28 Feb 2023, 5:23 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]Simple, because they're ugly and look cheap.

I hate looking at adverts, if there's an option to pay and not see ads, I'll pay it!

The bad thing is you can only pay to not see ads online
remember when the metro used to have entire trains wraped in advertising? looked ugly and cheap

as for 6337, with the paint freeze thats going at gne at the minute, i doubt it will be repainted into 2019 livery. they might just cover up the vinyls and put something on for the king.
(28 Feb 2023, 8:31 pm)NEbushopper wrote [ -> ]The bad thing is you can only pay to not see ads online
remember when the metro used to have entire trains wraped in advertising? looked ugly and cheap

as for 6337, with the paint freeze thats going at gne at the minute, i doubt it will be repainted into 2019 livery. they might just cover up the vinyls and put something on for the king.

Go North East started repainting their buses again (prioritising fleet livery repaints) last month.

(28 Feb 2023, 8:31 pm)NEbushopper wrote [ -> ]The bad thing is you can only pay to not see ads online

Hasn't 5401 just been repainted into fleet livery from the Durham culture 2025 bid livery?
(01 Mar 2023, 10:23 pm)Tiger5105 wrote [ -> ]Hasn't 5401 just been repainted into fleet livery from the Durham culture 2025 bid livery?

Yes.

6337 was on PSV at Deptford today.

No GNE paint freeze - most of the ex Quaylink Versa have been repainted in the last few weeks.
TFL must make a fortune from adds Even the metro has more adds than the buses from ANE, SCNE and GNE
Does anyone know what is up with 6337? After months out of use it made 1 appearance on schools duties then has been parked up ever since.
6337 is back out tracking as '999 Depot' on Bustimes, seen it this morning after finishing its X21 run to Framwellgate.
[Image: 52771514655_f25d42f80f_z.jpg]Go North East|6337/YY64 GWX by Thomas Booth Transport Photos, on Flickr

It’s been stripped of its Platinum Jubilee vinyls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(26 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm)TEN 6083 wrote [ -> ][Image: 52771514655_f25d42f80f_z.jpg]Go North East|6337/YY64 GWX by Thomas Booth Transport Photos, on Flickr

It’s been stripped of its Platinum Jubilee vinyls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder if they will apply vinyls for King Charles coronation
Pages: 1 2