North East Buses

Full Version: WiFi limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like GNE are getting even more tight with the free WiFI, a whopping 28mb limit!

[Image: image.png]

Having said that, it has reset itself a few times now and I haven't been kicked off
Would people actually miss free WIFI on the bus if it was turned off, how much of a saving would the company make per year by doing so
(13 Mar 2023, 4:30 pm)N1cholas wrote [ -> ]Would people actually miss free WIFI on the bus if it was turned off, how much of a saving would the company make per year by doing so
Probably not, I only connected to it because the sockets weren't working and I didn't want to waste my battery tethering

I'd rather they ditched the WiFi and put effort into keeping the chargers working properly!

Sent from my SM-F721B using Tapatalk
Wasn't it 100MB
(13 Mar 2023, 5:36 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Wasn't it 100MB
Yes it was
Given that the vast majority of the North East already has decent enough data coverage in comparison to, say, five years ago, I think it's safe to say that onboard bus WiFi for local bus routes has outlived its usefulness. I've always just used data whenever I leave the house.