North East Buses

Full Version: Nexus Secured Services - July 2023 Consultation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
New consultations for secured services were just realesed today. This is mainly for services in Gateshead.
https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation
Move thread if needed.
Services:
R1, R5, 29, 52, 92, 937
The R1 and R5 services are planned to be cancelled
The 06:57 trip on the 937 is planned to be cancelled
The 05:33 trip on the 92 is planned to be cancelled
The 06:40 trip on the 29 is to be retimmed to be 30 minutes earlier
Additional trip on the 52 at 06:36 from Fewster square on Sundays only
I think the 06:40 29 should stay, and an additonal 6:10 be added.
(17 Apr 2023, 7:04 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I think the 06:40 29 should stay, and an additonal 6:10 be added.

Why?
(17 Apr 2023, 9:32 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]Why?
Well, the 6:10 would get you into Newcastle just before 7:00, which for people trying to get to newcastle to start at 7 would be struggle. As well the 6:40 would give a good time to start in newcastle before 8, whereas the next bus 7:09 would give you 5 mins to get to your place of business. 

Really the 29 should be half hourly between Kimblesworth and Newcastle, offer more workplace links to Team Valley, perhaps a 29A, which goes from Kimblesworth, on the A1, then through team valley, past Sainsburys to Gateshead and Newcastle.
(18 Apr 2023, 3:22 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Well, the 6:10 would get you into Newcastle just before 7:00, which for people trying to get to newcastle to start at 7 would be struggle. As well the 6:40 would give a good time to start in newcastle before 8, whereas the next bus 7:09 would give you 5 mins to get to your place of business. 

Really the 29 should be half hourly between Kimblesworth and Newcastle, offer more workplace links to Team Valley, perhaps a 29A, which goes from Kimblesworth, on the A1, then through team valley, past Sainsburys to Gateshead and Newcastle.

The 06:40 departure from Kibblesworth is operated by Gateshead Central Taxis, and terminates at Gateshead.

It currently interworks with various works services (and then the R3/R4/R6), so it might as a result of changes to them?
(18 Apr 2023, 3:22 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Well, the 6:10 would get you into Newcastle just before 7:00, which for people trying to get to newcastle to start at 7 would be struggle. As well the 6:40 would give a good time to start in newcastle before 8, whereas the next bus 7:09 would give you 5 mins to get to your place of business. 

Does the 29 go to both Kimblesworth and Kbblesworth.  I thought it was just Kibblesworth.

I know this isn't the best place to post this but if you wanted to have a 30 minute service from Kibblesworth then something like would be better imo:

X28: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.96000...ec!1m0!3e0

X29: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/54.96000...0b!1m0!3e0

Both services run non stop between Gateshead and The Cannon hence the X, would give Chowdene etc a better service to Newcastle which is poorly served currently.

There's no need for the 28 now the 82 exists, people from Ouston can change at Birtley for the QE. I'm sure they'd appreciate a 30 minute service to Birtley instead similar for Kibblesworth.

You'd also open another Gateshead to Stanley link if you timetabled the X28 to run against the X72, both should take roughly the same time and open Birtley / Ouston to Stanley links - not sure how much demand there is though but they're sizeable communities near each other and with the Team Valley little loop, link Retail World to more places - somewhere seriously unserved.
(18 Apr 2023, 5:24 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]Does the 29 go to both Kimblesworth and Kbblesworth.  I thought it was just Kibblesworth.
It doesnt
I don't think the online forms are the way to do things, there should be a nexus person onboard the proposed cancelled services/ journeys for a week to see how it would impact the passengers that use it, and maybe inform them of alternatives.
(30 Apr 2023, 6:15 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I don't think the online forms are the way to do things, there should be a nexus person onboard the proposed cancelled services/ journeys for a week to see how it would impact the passengers that use it, and maybe inform them of alternatives.
That would be fun to see

Nexus "hi do you know we are withdrawn your service even though you are clearly using it right now. Not like we care. We will fund a service then get rid of it in a year"

Nexus just don't care what the response is anymore. Example of the M6 in March. They withdrawn it even though so many people wanted it kept. I mean come on. They didn't even give the w2 the plans either for passengers who don't have a 51 on an evening anymore
(01 May 2023, 1:03 am)Busu284 wrote [ -> ]That would be fun to see

Nexus "hi do you know we are withdrawn your service even though you are clearly using it right now. Not like we care. We will fund a service then get rid of it in a year"

Nexus just don't care what the response is anymore. Example of the M6 in March. They withdrawn it even though so many people wanted it kept. I mean come on. They didn't even give the w2 the plans either for passengers who don't have a 51 on an evening anymore

They haven’t done everything that they’ve consulted on - for example the 520 service was proposed to be withdrawn, and instead it is being doubled in frequency (in part down to withdrawal of 521).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(30 Apr 2023, 6:15 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]I don't think the online forms are the way to do things, there should be a nexus person onboard the proposed cancelled services/ journeys for a week to see how it would impact the passengers that use it, and maybe inform them of alternatives.

Most 'consultations' aren't there for passenger feedback. They're there to give rationale for cuts when people come out with the 'omg they withdrew this bus'.

Most of them are so badly worded anyway to twist it in their favour.
Another consultation is out

Simple one is 83A/99/515 are planned to be withdrawn & a few others
(06 May 2023, 10:50 pm)Busu284 wrote [ -> ]Another consultation is out

Simple one is 83A/99/515 are planned to be withdrawn & a few others

More cuts seen to bus services than in a first aid room. When is someone actually going to come up with some ideas to create new and successful services? It just seems to be going further and further backwards!
(07 May 2023, 9:49 am)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]More cuts seen to bus services than in a first aid room. When is someone actually going to come up with some ideas to create new and successful services? It just seems to be going further and further backwards!

I'd argue it strengthens the arm of the commercial operator too. 
Particularly the likes of the 2a and Asda Leechmere. 

'oooh, we are GNE and we can't afford to run the 2a past Asda any more. Nexus, can you help us?'

*Nexus mutter to themselves and realise they're gonna have to because if they don't, they're the baddies. We've already got rid of the 99 and if we don't bail them out with the 2a, what will people do?*

And so the cycle continues...
(07 May 2023, 9:49 am)Washingtonian wrote [ -> ]More cuts seen to bus services than in a first aid room. When is someone actually going to come up with some ideas to create new and successful services? It just seems to be going further and further backwards!

In fairness I'm usually the biggest moaner but those two services are just completely pointless. I really don't see the purpose in either of them and it's no surprise no-one uses them. The Heworth one in particular just duplicates the 27 for most of it. The 99 is just a weird bus route as it serves commuter areas but ironically doesn't run during commuter hours so I'm not sure what it's exactly meant to be doing. We were talking about it awhile back.

Mind no doubt the money will be going towards the mess of the Metro instead.

There's quite a few Nexus services about from yesteryear which are similar but they have no interest in adapting them and actually making them have a purpose.
(07 May 2023, 12:58 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]In fairness I'm usually the biggest moaner but those two services are just completely pointless. I really don't see the purpose in either of them and it's no surprise no-one uses them. The Heworth one in particular just duplicates the 27 for most of it. The 99 is just a weird bus route as it serves commuter areas but ironically doesn't run during commuter hours so I'm not sure what it's exactly meant to be doing. We were talking about it awhile back.

Mind no doubt the money will be going towards the mess of the Metro instead.

I hazard a guess any savings from the withdrawal of these services will be to cater for any potential cuts from operators with the loss of BRG at the end of June (and/or increases in tender prices following the significant pay increases given to drivers since last May).

(07 May 2023, 1:00 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]I hazard a guess any savings from the withdrawal of these services will be to cater for any potential cuts from operators with the loss of BRG at the end of June (and/or increases in tender prices following the significant pay increases given to drivers since last May).

Fair points there to be fair. Isn't there money being allocated from the new money they've just got to fund some of the BRG?
(07 May 2023, 7:58 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Fair points there to be fair. Isn't there money being allocated from the new money they've just got to fund some of the BRG?
As I understand, the new BSIP money can't be used to support existing services. 

Some of the services that Nexus are considering cancelling can't be seen as value for monry for the local council tax payer, sometimes just 1 or 2 passengers per trip.
I could be wrong here, but I think the Hexham area services, after multiple short term covid related extensions are up June/July this year - anyone heard anything on this?
Pages: 1 2