North East Buses

Full Version: May Changes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Apparently the 8 is going back to every 30 mins on May 14th which is a Sunday
(18 Apr 2023, 3:32 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Apparently the 8 is going back to every 30 mins on May 14th which is a Sunday
14th May is a Nexus change date for services in Sunderland - it doesn’t mean that the 8 will be every 30 minutes on a Sunday.
(18 Apr 2023, 7:20 pm)busmanT wrote [ -> ]14th May is a Nexus change date for services in Sunderland - it doesn’t mean that the 8 will be every 30 minutes on a Sunday.
No, but the date is a Sunday which is when all of the service changes mostly happen.
Looking on the gov website:
It seems like GNE will be running the 82 between QE Hospital and Waterview Park and 79 from Hall Lane Estate and Barnwell
If the 238 still ran they could have interworked the 79 with it or just have the 238 run the whole way through
(18 Apr 2023, 8:21 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]If the 238 still ran they could have interworked the 79 with it or just have the 238 run the whole way through
The 79 is part of what the 238 was!
(19 Apr 2023, 10:21 am)R838PRG wrote [ -> ]The 79 is part of what the 238 was!

I remember not long after I started doing the 238 on a Saturday and route was split into 3 trip sections (all to do with which bit were secured I believe). You had

Part 1 Sunderland - Ryhope Village
Part 2 Ryhope Village - Houghton
Part 3 Houghton - Barnwell

Then the same on return. Monday - Friday trips were just one through journey.
(18 Apr 2023, 3:32 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Apparently the 8 is going back to every 30 mins on May 14th which is a Sunday

PB0003954/735
Variation GO NORTH EAST LIMITED 8 (8, 8A) Sunderland Stanley

Change: 14th May 2023
(20 Apr 2023, 2:54 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Service changes from Sunday 14 May

https://www.gonortheast.co.uk/service-ch...rom-14-May

The spin they put on this man... It's because of them that the Nexus services exist!
(20 Apr 2023, 3:05 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The spin they put on this man... It's because of them that the Nexus services exist!

I notice "Journeys will track in real-time on our mobile app and buses will have ‘next stop’ audio-visual announcements." under the 82 heading, presumably trying to point out something not present on the JH/GCT offering of the 82/82A.

Have the "'next stop' audio-visual announcements" been reinstated on the other Washington 8x services? I don't think I've seen them active since the service changes 9 months ago.
(20 Apr 2023, 3:15 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ] I notice "Journeys will track in real-time on our mobile app and buses will have ‘next stop’ audio-visual announcements." under the 82 heading, presumably trying to point out something not present on the JH/GCT offering of the 82/82A. 

Have the "'next stop' audio-visual announcements" been reinstated on the other Washington 8x services? I don't think I've seen them active since the service changes 9 months ago.

Like they did before they sacked the routes off and got Nexus to step in?

As for the Washington locals. No idea, it's been years since I last used them.
Journeys will only run as far as QE Hospital, no longer serving Gateshead Interchange. Customers travelling to Gateshead can change buses at Wrekenton, onto Cityrider service 56 and X-lines service X1.

does the 2528/51/52 no longer stop at wrekenton??

Why not advise to change at QE and add the 57 to buses you can catch or is this bus service been ditched?
(20 Apr 2023, 4:10 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]Journeys will only run as far as QE Hospital, no longer serving Gateshead Interchange. Customers travelling to Gateshead can change buses at Wrekenton, onto Cityrider service 56 and X-lines service X1.

does the 2528/51/52 no longer stop at wrekenton??

Why not advise to change at QE and add the 57 to buses you can catch or  is this bus service been ditched?

The services are just a farce with the 25/81/82/83.

I wish they'd just work with GNE and run the 81 all day between Waterview Park and Newcastle via the 81 route extended to Newcastle and scrap the rest.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier for people.

There's the 28 for people who want to go from Birtley to the QE and others can change at Wrekenton.

If the minibuses become full, then that's a sign of success and just up the frequency where the problems are... Be nice to try and actually build a route for once.
(20 Apr 2023, 4:33 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]The services are just a farce with the 25/81/82/83.

I wish they'd just work with GNE and run the 81 all day between Waterview Park and Newcastle via the 81 route extended to Newcastle and scrap the rest.

It would make it a hell of a lot easier for people.

There's the 28 for people who want to go from Birtley to the QE and others can change at Wrekenton.

If the minibuses become full, then that's a sign of success and just up the frequency where the problems are... Be nice to try and actually build a route for once.

I agree with this, the revised 82 is Go North East literally setting it up to turn around to Nexus and say it's not commercially viable down the line to operate with cutting it from Q.E. Hospital to Gateshead, actually quite a few do use the 82 to/from Gateshead more so to Birtley if the 21 has been late and wouldn't you if you still only paying £2 Single, I do think if Go North East kept the existing route as it is then with there fare options it could boost passenger numbers in a positive manner.  

One thing GNE and Nexus do need to sort is the evening/sunday timings of the 28B/81 as they operate within a few mins of each other going into Gateshead from Chowdene Bank onwards, have often seen both together.
Also the 81 retiming is very stupid you just miss the 2/2A
(20 Apr 2023, 7:52 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I agree with this, the revised 82 is Go North East literally setting it up to turn around to Nexus and say it's not commercially viable down the line to operate with cutting it from Q.E. Hospital to Gateshead, actually quite a few do use the 82 to/from Gateshead more so to Birtley if the 21 has been late and wouldn't you if you still only paying £2 Single, I do think if Go North East kept the existing route as it is then with there fare options it could boost passenger numbers in a positive manner.  

One thing GNE and Nexus do need to sort is the evening/sunday timings of the 28B/81 as they operate within a few mins of each other going into Gateshead from Chowdene Bank onwards, have often seen both together.
The new 82 is a Nexus tender on the back of what they proposed under their earlier consultation.  It would have been exactly the same 82 if another operator had won the tender instead.
(20 Apr 2023, 7:52 pm)Malarkey wrote [ -> ]I agree with this, the revised 82 is Go North East literally setting it up to turn around to Nexus and say it's not commercially viable down the line to operate with cutting it from Q.E. Hospital to Gateshead, actually quite a few do use the 82 to/from Gateshead more so to Birtley if the 21 has been late and wouldn't you if you still only paying £2 Single, I do think if Go North East kept the existing route as it is then with there fare options it could boost passenger numbers in a positive manner.  

This is what Go North East did with it as a commercial service. The old 84 (from the Galleries ran Washington Village, one side of Barmston and to Concord) was replaced with a ridiculous service to Waterview Park as the 82, which some 9 months later was then deemed as not commercially viable. I commented on this at the time in 2021 here.

Yeah totally agreed tbh, it just doesn't make sense to me. It duplicates the 28 another subsidised service which is even more baffling.

The 81 is a mess aswell, the last bus at 18:40 out of Newcastle is just piss poor for the majority of Birtley, it's all good saying you can change at Gateshead but then you might aswell stay on the 21 and change at Birtley and miss the tour of Low Fell out.

and don't get me started on the Barmston side.

82 during the day on weekdays, 83 on an evening but a Sunday where it's the 81 except the evening it's still the 83 but the 81 still runs. Confusing as an understatement.

The 8/81 isn't much better either while were at it. Just subsidise the 8 through if it's needed imo.
Wonder if the 81 running all day hourly with the 8 hourly from Washington to Sunderland, then the 81 connecting to Newcastle would be better than the 8 every 30 mins, and that can be from washington only.
Pages: 1 2 3