North East Buses

Full Version: Park Lane altercation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 Apr 2023, 9:49 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]https://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/peop...ge-4114317

Haven't seen the video yet...

https://www.tiktok.com/@mamadaurat/video...7453343002

Hopefully that might work
Usual Nexus Catchphrase "No photos".

To be honest the driver has made things worse by retaliating but it also depends how much the passengers have been goading him from what I assume is the McDonalds near Grangetown (Toll Bar?).

There's no footage of the incident so you cannot see the other side of the story.
Kept his job I've heard
so he should
Hopefully he gets the anger management therapy and customer service training he clearly needs.
Hopefully the so called lady recording gets her facts correct and rules right next time regarding recording on Private Land as Park Lane Interchange is
(28 Apr 2023, 6:34 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]Hopefully the so called lady recording gets her facts correct and rules right next time regarding recording on Private Land as Park Lane Interchange is

You can film on private land, regardless of the myths that fly around.
(29 Apr 2023, 12:31 pm)omnicity4659 wrote [ -> ]You can film on private land, regardless of the myths that fly around.

You can film on private land but if they ask you to stop then you must or they can force you to leave. They cannot however force you to delete any images you have taken though  You can film or take pictures of private land if you are standing in/from a public place and they cannot stop you in anyway.
(28 Apr 2023, 6:34 pm)Retro Nero wrote [ -> ]Hopefully the so called lady recording gets her facts correct and rules right next time regarding recording on Private Land as Park Lane Interchange is

Yeah, because that’s the real issue in this shocking incident.
(29 Apr 2023, 1:40 pm)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]Yeah, because that’s the real issue in this shocking incident.

Not that anyone on here knows what really happened.
(29 Apr 2023, 4:29 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Not that anyone on here knows what really happened.

Does it really matter? What could excuse such a violent outburst by a so called professional in uniform, in a public place.
speaking of GNE drivers appearing on social media - anyone seen the video of the bloke on his motorbike blocking a connections 4 bus from moving as its on the wrong side of the road and he thinks he should have right of wat? At least i think, the driver doesn't threaten to do him in!
(04 May 2023, 12:09 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]speaking of GNE drivers appearing on social media - anyone seen the video of the bloke on his motorbike blocking a connections 4 bus from moving as its on the wrong side of the road and he thinks he should have right of wat? At least i think, the driver doesn't threaten to do him in!
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...zM9nsK6Sul&id=1034233223&sfnsn=scwspmo

Fortunately in this instance, it appeared to just be a game of who caved in first (unsure of the eventual outcome). Two of the worst things to meet on a road, something with no reverse gear and a bus which generally isn't allowed/able to reverse on a main road like that.
(04 May 2023, 12:14 pm)Jimmi wrote [ -> ]https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...zM9nsK6Sul&id=1034233223&sfnsn=scwspmo

Fortunately in this instance, it appeared to just be a game of who caved in first (unsure of the eventual outcome). Two of the worst things to meet on a road, something with no reverse gear and a bus which generally isn't allowed/able to reverse on a main road like that.

Coming from a colleague behind on a 2, a person came out their house to move their car so the bus could get out the way. 

Remember even if the bus driver was in the wrong he's not allowed to reverse. I'm good at going backwards but I wouldn't have tried it on Station Road.
I was quite surprised the amount of people defending the driver, nice to see.
(04 May 2023, 12:09 pm)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]speaking of GNE drivers appearing on social media - anyone seen the video of the bloke on his motorbike blocking a connections 4 bus from moving as its on the wrong side of the road and he thinks  he should have right of wat?  At least i think, the driver doesn't threaten to do him in!
(04 May 2023, 1:10 pm)deanmachine wrote [ -> ]Coming from a colleague behind on a 2, a person came out their house to move their car so the bus could get out the way. 

Remember even if the bus driver was in the wrong he's not allowed to reverse. I'm good at going backwards but I wouldn't have tried it on Station Road.

Without seeing the incident with my own eyes, it looks (from the photo) like it could have been created by two drivers being as stubborn as each other. 

You can tell by the 'Slow' markings exactly where that is on Station Road, and there's decent visibility from both directions. It could have become a non-issue if either had eased off to let the other pass, but instead you've ended up in a situation where the bus driver can't reverse by policy (and I agree I wouldn't even like to try it on Station Road, given the drop to the off-side!) and a biker who won't have a reverse gear.
I had a look on Bus Times, it happened on Tuesday and the standoff lasted about 7 minutes.