North East Buses

Full Version: More ads?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When did these annoying pop up ads at the bottom of the screen start?
(11 May 2023, 5:12 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]When did these annoying pop up ads at the bottom of the screen start?

I've got them at the top of the page. 
It's possible to minimise them when they block the content.

However, when I've finished reading the page and open a new page/thread, a new advert pops up and it needs minimising again.

[attachment=10472]

They appear when I'm scrolling down the page and I end up missing half of whatever has been posted about the Coast Road in the last 5mins.
Very irratiting at the top, although when on laptop it's not a problem, but on the phone it is. However the form reads better on the phone Sad
(12 May 2023, 10:56 am)idiot wrote [ -> ]Very irratiting at the top, although when on laptop it's not a problem, but on the phone it is. However the form reads better on the phone Sad

I just use Tapatalk on the phone, so much better than the website.

On my desktop it's not so much an issue as I have 1440p monitors, but on my 14" laptop, with a 1080p screen and 125% scaling, it takes up a good quarter of the screen in the browser. Combined with the ad under the header I can't read more than the title without scrolling.

It's almost as bad as the Chronicle!
(12 May 2023, 12:25 pm)streetdeckfan wrote [ -> ]I just use Tapatalk on the phone, so much better than the website.

On my desktop it's not so much an issue as I have 1440p monitors, but on my 14" laptop, with a 1080p screen and 125% scaling, it takes up a good quarter of the screen in the browser. Combined with the ad under the header I can't read more than the title without scrolling.

It's almost as bad as the Chronicle!

It's nowhere near as bad as the Chronicle, or most online newspapers.

In an ideal world, we'd have no ads, but doing so contributes towards the running of the site. I'd say they're far from being intrusively placed; you can simply scroll past them.
(12 May 2023, 1:06 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's nowhere near as bad as the Chronicle, or most online newspapers.

In an ideal world, we'd have no ads, but doing so contributes towards the running of the site. I'd say they're far from being intrusively placed; you can simply scroll past them.

They're leaving 1/3 of the page free to read in some cases.

[attachment=10474]
(12 May 2023, 1:06 pm)Adrian wrote [ -> ]It's nowhere near as bad as the Chronicle, or most online newspapers.

I'm finding that the problem with the drop down one is that it obscures the menu dashes, on my phone, meaning that I need to faff on to uncover them.

(12 May 2023, 10:09 pm)BusLoverMum wrote [ -> ]I'm finding that the problem with the drop down one is that it obscures the menu dashes, on my phone, meaning that I need to faff on to uncover them.
Let's all move to Buxton.
Half the ads I've been getting are from some random company selling things for such stupidly low prices that you'd think that it's just a scam company.
[attachment=10478]
(13 May 2023, 8:09 am)wibblejunior wrote [ -> ]Half the ads I've been getting are from some random company selling things for such stupidly low prices that you'd think that it's just a scam company.

this company is all im seeing when I'm watching vidoes on u-tube and playing words with friends. prices seem too cheap but i think they are trying to re-invent themselves after bad publicity previously