North East Buses

Full Version: Additional Coasters
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
According to someone on bustimes, Streetlite 5454 is being repainted into the Coaster livery.
Guessing some will be done up then. Thats if its real
(21 May 2023, 6:43 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ]According to someone on bustimes, Streetlite 5454 is being repainted into the Coaster livery.
Guessing some will be done up then. Thats if its real
I heard that the plan was to repaint further buses in Coaster livery - especially as those StreetLites haven't yet had their first repaint yet.
[Image: image.png?width=1440&height=584]the livery separation. Would of been better to do 5479 and 5480
(21 May 2023, 8:04 pm)KingSlayerRBLX wrote [ -> ][Image: image.png?width=1440&height=584]the livery separation. Would of been better to do 5479 and 5480

The PVR is 14 and they only currently have 9.

Even if 5479 and 5480 were done (and they might still be yet), they’d still be three short and would need to eat into the 66-plate examples which have yet to undergo their first repaint since new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tbf there are still 63' plates which still haven't had a repaint
I thought in these times of cost cutting and network instability surely any repaints should just be into fleet livery.
Another month or two and route 1 could be cut short, so why bother with unnecessary route branding.
(22 May 2023, 8:30 am)ne14ne1 wrote [ -> ]I thought in these times of cost cutting and network instability surely any repaints should just be into fleet livery.
Another month or two and route 1 could be cut short, so why bother with unnecessary route branding.

I honestly don't see the point with route branding. It might be good for a route like the X10 to Middlesbourgh or other long routes but for routes like the 1 or 51/52 it just isn't needed. It is just a big waste of money repainting buses every year and we all know how much GNE's network has chopped and changed in the last couple of years.
(22 May 2023, 5:04 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The PVR is 14 and they only currently have 9.

Even if 5479 and 5480 were done (and they might still be yet), they’d still be three short and would need to eat into the 66-plate examples which have yet to undergo their first repaint since new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will the extra 5 be done?
I've heard 2 are confirmed and I'm assuming that's 5453 & 5454.. if others get don't I'm assuming it's 5455 & possibly 5479 & 5480
The 1 is a long route.
(22 May 2023, 3:34 pm)NEbushopper wrote [ -> ]I honestly don't see the point with route branding. It might be good for a route like the X10 to Middlesbourgh or other long routes but for routes like the 1 or 51/52 it just isn't needed.  It is just a big waste of money repainting buses every year and we all know how much GNE's network has chopped and changed in the last couple of years.
Any good company will always take big risks in the branding department, regardless what business it trades in. If you don't try you'll never know and if you don't take risks you'll just lay dormant and fail to attract passengers and new staff. It's like the big Mac, anyone can make it and give it a different name. You need to standout from the crowd in a day and age where everything is full of competition.
(23 May 2023, 4:59 pm)itsadam wrote [ -> ]Any good company will always take big risks in the branding department, regardless what business it trades in. If you don't try you'll never know and if you don't take risks you'll just lay dormant and fail to attract passengers and new staff. It's like the big Mac, anyone can make it and give it a different name. You need to standout from the crowd in a day and age where everything is full of competition.

I'd agree if it was new but this is just rehashed nonsense. Is it the Blue Arrow, Coaster (Cream), Coaster (v1 Blue), Coaster (v2 Blue), Green Arrows (v1), Green Arrows (v2), Highwayman which are all brands these routes have had in the past 10 years. It means nothing now not to mention the Coaster is totally irrelevant in Whickham. What is relevant though is it used to be every 10 minutes and now is every 20 minutes which is a horrific frequency reduction.

Comparing it to a Big Mac it's like changing its name to a Big M, a Big Burger and so on.
(23 May 2023, 5:43 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]I'd agree if it was new but this is just rehashed nonsense. Is it the Blue Arrow, Coaster (Cream), Coaster (v1 Blue), Coaster (v2 Blue), Green Arrows, Highwayman which are all brands these routes have had in the past 10 years. It means nothing now.

Comparing it to a Big Mac it's like changing its name to a Big M, a Big Burger and so on.
They need to stop changing colours of routes/names thats the main issue.
(23 May 2023, 5:44 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]They need to stop changing colours of routes/names thats the main issue.

Yeah agreed but it's too late now. All the changes have pretty much ruined it so they mean nothing now. Stuff like the Red Arrows and Red Kite used to have strong recognition but they just threw them away and both routes have had service cuts aswell, especially the Red Kite which has been butchered.
(23 May 2023, 7:05 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Yeah agreed but it's too late now. All the changes have pretty much ruined it so they mean nothing now. Stuff like the Red Arrows and Red Kite used to have strong recognition but they just threw them away and both routes have had service cuts aswell, especially the Red Kite which has been butchered.
Same with Saltwell Park branding, and the South Tyne and CityLink (58)
(23 May 2023, 7:36 pm)Unber43 wrote [ -> ]Same with Saltwell Park branding, and the South Tyne and CityLink (58)

Agreed with the Saltwell Park mind, done it's trick. I need a bus to go there well that's the one. Easier recognition, now it's Voltra..?

Quaylink was the same, I need to go the Quayside, there's the yellow bus that'll take me there, now it's Voltra..?

That's good branding, same as the Cobalt Clipper when it actually served Cobalt. The best brands were/are the same; Angel (Passes it), Prince Bishops (Durham), Red Kite (Birds in the area), Diamond (ex bus operator) etc.
(23 May 2023, 7:42 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Agreed with the Saltwell Park mind, done it's trick. I need a bus to go there well that's the one. Easier recognition, now it's Voltra..?

Quaylink was the same, I need to go the Quayside, there's the yellow bus that'll take me there, now it's Voltra..?

That's good branding, same as the Cobalt Clipper when it actually served Cobalt. The best brands were/are the same; Angel (Passes it), Prince Bishops (Durham), Red Kite (Eagles in the area) etc.
Voltra branding is awful
(23 May 2023, 4:59 pm)itsadam wrote [ -> ]Any good company will always take big risks in the branding department, regardless what business it trades in. If you don't try you'll never know and if you don't take risks you'll just lay dormant and fail to attract passengers and new staff. It's like the big Mac, anyone can make it and give it a different name. You need to standout from the crowd in a day and age where everything is full of competition.

I saw this the other day and meant to reply.

How is an ever changing bus brand (often copied or inspired by another operator) the same as the branding for a product which has been a staple for 60 years?

The Big Mac hasn't changed much. It's as recognisable now as it was then.
Can we say the same about the brand used on the 21 or 27?

McDonald's will advertise a their organisation, raise awareness of this and then sell one of their products.
The more popular products will stay, the least popular ones won't - but will be replaced.
The market will grow as more locations open.
They enhance the offer via the way of partner services and extending operating hours. 

Does a bus operator do the same? 
Does a bus operator do any of these things at all or even well?
I have additional coasters in case I have additional guests. Wouldn't want my tables to get scratched because people plonked their glasses or mugs down anywhere.
(24 May 2023, 5:07 pm)MurdnunoC wrote [ -> ]I have additional coasters in case I have additional guests. Wouldn't want my tables to get scratched because people plonked their glasses or mugs down anywhere.

Based.
I would think that the 39a/39b/39 needs a big upgraded beacuse from eptember they will be packed again
Pages: 1 2 3