North East Buses

Full Version: Wardley Bus Gate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see the Wardley Bus Gate has been a waste of time and money.  Its been filled back over and 57 no longer cuts across to Wardley.

Does anyone know why it has been reverted. I'm not aware of it causing any accidents or delays to traffic on A184.

It got closed off a few months back and I thought at first it was just temporary but this week its been permanently closed and kerbed back off.
(21 May 2023, 6:53 pm)ifm001 wrote [ -> ]I see the Wardley Bus Gate has been a waste of time and money.  Its been filled back over and 57 no longer cuts across to Wardley.

Does anyone know why it has been reverted. I'm not aware of it causing any accidents or delays to traffic on A184.

It got closed off a few months back and I thought at first it was just temporary but this week its been permanently closed and kerbed back off.

No accidents but a lot of close calls of people blowing through the red lights, even with the illuminated signs. Think it was the union who pushed for it to be cut in the end.
It was a dangerous junction to be honest especially eastbound as you are doing 50mph and then suddenly there is traffic lights