North East Buses

Full Version: Nexus Secured Services - September 2023 Consultation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What changes are we proposing?

Service 939 currently operates on a Monday – Friday connecting Sunderland – Southwick/Waterview Park/Concord/Washington Galleries/Team Valley. Trips depart at 0610 from Concord, 0635, 0655 from Sunderland and 1608, 1638, 1708 from Team Valley.

We are proposing to cancel the Monday – Friday 0655 trip from Sunderland towards Team Valley. During September/October 2022 an average of 6 customers travelled on this trip.

We are proposing to cancel the Monday – Friday 1638 trip from Team Valley towards Sunderland. During September/October 2022 an average of 6 customers travelled on each of this trip.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...vice-939-0
*insert not another one gif*
(02 Jun 2023, 7:45 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]What changes are we proposing?

Service 939 currently operates on a Monday – Friday connecting Sunderland – Southwick/Waterview Park/Concord/Washington Galleries/Team Valley. Trips depart at 0610 from Concord, 0635, 0655 from Sunderland and 1608, 1638, 1708 from Team Valley.

We are proposing to cancel the Monday – Friday 0655 trip from Sunderland towards Team Valley. During September/October 2022 an average of 6 customers travelled on this trip.

We are proposing to cancel the Monday – Friday 1638 trip from Team Valley towards Sunderland. During September/October 2022 an average of 6 customers travelled on each of this trip.

https://www.nexus.org.uk/consultation/it...vice-939-0
They haven't even finished the original 939 times yet. Like they just did one and now there doing it again. Might as well just get rid of it
Is this in addition to the other proposal or instead of the original proposal?
Wait so what will be left of the service
From what I've seen. The original 939 consultation has closed but the result are still going. And today they have released another one
I have just looked at the existing timetable

Then checked the first consultation removed those buses

Then checked what was left (one journey a day in each direction) and the new consultation is to get rid of the remaining services

So in blunt terms it is to abolish the 939 service completely
(02 Jun 2023, 10:31 pm)DaveFromUpNorth wrote [ -> ]I have just looked at the existing timetable

Then checked the first consultation removed those buses

Then checked what was left (one journey a day in each direction) and the new consultation is to get rid of the remaining services

So in blunt terms it is to abolish the 939 service completely
Not necessarily - it depends on what decision is taken following the first consultation.

It looks like Nexus are consulting on changing/withdrawing almost every contract that carries few passengers as it comes up for renewal.
I suspect that whether they do withdraw the journey/service will depend on the tender prices received and hence the cost per passenger.