North East Buses

Full Version: Bus Route With The Most Stops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Little bit of trivia but was something I was thinking about before, we've quite often talked about longest bus routes, but which route in the North East has the most stops on their route according to timetable data. I'll throw 3 in but there's probably more. Most the obvious long routes aren't anywhere near the top of this as they all pretty much have limited stop sections.

1 (GNE) - 107 Stops
78 (GNE) - 105 Stops
6 (GNE) - 101 Stops
57A (Arriva) Sundays - 95 Stops
50 (GNE) - 91 Stops
18A (GNE) - 89 Stops

Edited to add others.

Anyone beat them?
Go North East's 78 has to be up there surely?
Can't beat them ut for measure, our longest route I think is the 13 with 49 stops.
(07 Oct 2023, 5:17 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Little bit of trivia but was something I was thinking about before, we've quite often talked about longest bus routes, but which route in the North East has the most stops on their route according to timetable data. I'll throw 3 in but there's probably more. Most the obvious long routes aren't anywhere near the top of this as they all pretty much have limited stop sections.

6 (GNE) - 101 Stops
50 (GNE) - 91 Stops

Anyone beat them?

The 1 at Whitley Bay town centre to Metrocentre asda has 107 stops. Longest route in time wise (2 hours and 15 minutes roughly)

X18 by Arriva I'd say that thing is 3 hours and for Stagecoach I'd say 685 now
(07 Oct 2023, 5:22 pm)Iamtheone8483748 wrote [ -> ]Go North East's 78 has to be up there surely?

105 that one, so just below the 1. Forgot about that aswell actually. I was thinking about the Durham, Stockton and Redcar routes but don't know them well enough to go checking every single one. There's some long routes down there but some of them run along areas with nothing there aswell.

(07 Oct 2023, 5:26 pm)F114TML wrote [ -> ]Can't beat them ut for measure, our longest route I think is the 13 with 49 stops.

18A? I just checked it there and it has 90 stops supposedly - whether they all exist is another thing mind. Goes all over the place that bus.

(07 Oct 2023, 5:31 pm)Busu284 wrote [ -> ]The 1 at Whitley Bay town centre to Metrocentre asda has 107 stops. Longest route in time wise (2 hours and 15 minutes roughly)

X18 by Arriva I'd say that thing is 3 hours and for Stagecoach I'd say 685 now

Aye good shout the 1 actually, forgot about that. Yeah you're right with the longest though I believe.
(07 Oct 2023, 5:17 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Little bit of trivia but was something I was thinking about before, we've quite often talked about longest bus routes, but which route in the North East has the most stops on their route according to timetable data. I'll throw 3 in but there's probably more. Most the obvious long routes aren't anywhere near the top of this as they all pretty much have limited stop sections.

1 (GNE) - 107 Stops
78 (GNE) - 105 Stops
6 (GNE) - 101 Stops
50 (GNE) - 91 Stops
18A (GNE) - 89 Stops

Edited to add others.

Anyone beat them?

Is this how you console yourself after the hammering at the SOL? Wink 

Anyway, the GNE 4 and the ANE X4A must be up there.
(07 Oct 2023, 6:42 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]Is this how you console yourself after the hammering at the SOL? Wink 

Anyway, the GNE 4 and the ANE X4A must be up there.

No no no, not at all. It wasn't anything to do with seeing a 50 on the way back from the match and needing anything to think about...
(07 Oct 2023, 6:46 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]No no no, not at all. It wasn't anything to do with seeing a 50 on the way back from the match and needing anything to think about...

The old 551 would have had quite a few stops. 
Pretty much the same route between Ayton and Shields. 
But the Chester to Ayton section ran via Birtley and Birtley Lane and beyond Chester, it ran to Sacriston.
(07 Oct 2023, 6:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]The old 551 would have had quite a few stops. 
Pretty much the same route between Ayton and Shields. 
But the Chester to Ayton section ran via Birtley and Birtley Lane and beyond Chester, it ran to Sacriston.

Aye bet there's a few from the past like, the old 310/319 Blyth/Cramlington to Sunderland must've been up there. I might be wrong here, but didn't there used to be a service from Darlington to Newcastle and Bishop to Newcastle stopping everywhere even if it was just evenings around the bus war times. That must've had a fair few stops.
(07 Oct 2023, 6:59 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye bet there's a few from the past like, the old 310/319 Blyth/Cramlington to Sunderland must've been up there. I might be wrong here, but didn't there used to be a service from Darlington to Newcastle and Bishop to Newcastle stopping everywhere even if it was just evenings around the bus war times. That must've had a fair few stops.

722/723 and the 724.
All limited stop once they got to Birtley heading north. 

But aye, still quite a few.
The full X18 (southbound, and including Alnmouth Station which the 18:25 from Berwick does) has 150 stops on a rough count.
56 feels like its got a million after Wrekenton.

Does the 21 that turns into the X21 to West Aukland count thats got to have a fair few stops in it
From a quick play around on Google Maps, these are the top results (that I could find):

ANE:
X18 Berwick to Newcastle - 151
22 Durham to Sunderland - 99
1 Darlington to Tow Law - 97
24 Hartlepool to Durham - 96
23 Hartlepool to Sunderland - 96
6 Barnard Castle to Framwellgate Moor - 91

GNE:
35A Boldon to Low Moorsley - 114
35 Low Moorsley to Boldon - 110
50 Marsden to Durham - 103
20 Langley Park to Sunderland, Winter Gardens - 99
10 Newcastle to Hexham - 83
21 Brandon to Newcastle - 78

SNE:
685 Carlisle to Newcastle - 109
59 Hartlepool to Durham - 81
6 Darlington to Stockton - 78 (stat does not include the Darlington to Hurworth portion)
36 Hartlepool to Middlesbrough - 68
1 High Tunstall to Middlesbrough - 68

Stats are to the best of my knowledge of routes when put into Google Maps where journey planner tells you to "ride" for however many stops. Number of stops shown is in the direction with the most stops.
you feel every single one of those stops on the 22
41A must be a contender

Wallsend to Hadrian Park back to Wallsend in an hour

Bot sure many people use #WiltshireRoadLoop stops or #HadrianParkLoop stops

Apologies couldn't revisit a cheeky mention
(07 Oct 2023, 6:59 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Aye bet there's a few from the past like, the old 310/319 Blyth/Cramlington to Sunderland must've been up there. I might be wrong here, but didn't there used to be a service from Darlington to Newcastle and Bishop to Newcastle stopping everywhere even if it was just evenings around the bus war times. That must've had a fair few stops.

638 ryton to Sunderland all them years ago
What about the the 62/63, thats quite long
(08 Oct 2023, 7:42 am)Rob44 wrote [ -> ]638 ryton to Sunderland all them years ago

God, that brings back memories.

On a Sunday at one point, it used to go via Grindon Lane, Somerset Road and Springwell Road in Sunderland, instead of straight down Chester Road too, so that added more stops on.

I'm not sure when that diversion started or ended.
Wait the 42A. The old one between Kingston Park to North Shields
(08 Oct 2023, 9:31 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]God, that brings back memories.

On a Sunday at one point, it used to go via Grindon Lane, Somerset Road and Springwell Road in Sunderland, instead of straight down Chester Road too, so that added more stops on.

I'm not sure when that diversion started or ended.

I think it was because busways decided to have all numbered service 15 on a Sundays, so nexus had to run a secured service through Somerset Road on Sundays , so there diverted nexus 775 ok travel service via Somerset Road, later on service 638 secured service was diverted via Somerset Road , I remember GNE solos on the 638, bit of all sorts in those days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pages: 1 2 3