North East Buses

Full Version: Enviro 300s from ANW
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
North East are in the process of taking 7 ADL Enviro 300s made surplus from Wythenshawe depot recently.

The first one - 2740 CX58EVL - arrived yesterday afternoon and another (2745) is due later today. They wear the old Sapphire livery and still branded for route 263 that they used to run on.
They’re additional spare vehicles as I think someone has realised the spares % is looking a little low across the southern depots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wounder where there goring
(19 Dec 2023, 2:13 pm)tyresmoke wrote [ -> ]North East are in the process of taking 7 ADL Enviro 300s made surplus from Wythenshawe depot recently.

The first one - 2740 CX58EVL - arrived yesterday afternoon and another (2745) is due later today. They wear the old Sapphire livery and still branded for route 263 that they used to run on.
They’re additional spare vehicles as I think someone has realised the spares % is looking a little low across the southern depots.

Just curious has it actually been confirmed that they are only for spare roles. It's just a bit convenient when Ashington needs at least one more Pulsar for the 777 plus talk for ages about getting arid of the Solo's at the same time. Obviously the buses are going to have to come from somewhere.

1538/1539 - are these 2 'officially' still on loan at Darlington? As I'd assume they'd be part of it.
(19 Dec 2023, 11:15 pm)Storx wrote [ -> ]Just curious has it actually been confirmed that they are only for spare roles. It's just a bit convenient when Ashington needs at least one more Pulsar for the 777 plus talk for ages about getting arid of the Solo's at the same time. Obviously the buses are going to have to come from somewhere.

1538/1539 - are these 2 'officially' still on loan at Darlington? As I'd assume they'd be part of it.

Not too sure if there on long term loan, I know 1539 is long term VOR at the minute currently awaiting a new engine. But unsure as to if they have transferred permanently or not
They will likely be allocated somewhere eventually, but given their age, it will only be a temporary solution, mainly designed to help alleviate the backlog of vehicles awaiting major units.

The first two will go to Redcar I understand, but not permanently.
(20 Dec 2023, 7:01 am)RobinHood wrote [ -> ]They will likely be allocated somewhere eventually, but given their age, it will only be a temporary solution, mainly designed to help alleviate the backlog of vehicles awaiting major units.

The first two will go to Redcar I understand, but not permanently.

Wouldn’t be surprised for Darlington to get a few then, 9 vehicles off the road today at least 4 awaiting new engines
one of the CX58s were seen in middlesbrough this afternoon which has been renumbered to 1355
(21 Dec 2023, 2:38 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote [ -> ]one of the CX58s were seen in middlesbrough this afternoon which has been renumbered to 1355

Tracking as Redcar spare
(21 Dec 2023, 6:44 pm)Ryland wrote [ -> ]Tracking as Redcar spare

Dropped onto the final trip of a missing 63 board operating the 1705 from Middlesbrough through to its new home town

(21 Dec 2023, 2:38 pm)Dyllan7817 wrote [ -> ]one of the CX58s were seen in middlesbrough this afternoon which has been renumbered to 1355
redcars now
Even though they were just meant to be spares as they are non standard in the fleet at Redcar and Stockton, they will probably be used everyday. It will be interesting to see if they end up on the X3/X4 or X93 as well. Also even though some are going to Redcar. The streetlite and pulsar swap is still going through. I just hope Stockton still send ALL 14 Pulsars to Redcar and not just keep a few back because of the Enviro 300s going as they really do need the Pulsars.
Redcar should give Stockton 3 E300s & Redcar keep 4 that way Stockton & Redcar both have spare buses just in case they need them

(23 Dec 2023, 5:03 am)Spottybus wrote [ -> ]Redcar should give Stockton 3 E300s & Redcar keep 4 that way Stockton & Redcar both have spare buses just in case they need them

In fairness, depends where the vehicles are off the road. If Redcar, which we all know is, the depot who aren't looking after their buses then why should they be getting the better buses in the fleet to break again while someone at Stockton has to suffer a 15 year old dart.
(23 Dec 2023, 7:39 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]In fairness, depends where the vehicles are off the road. If Redcar, which we all know is, the depot who aren't looking after their buses then why should they be getting the better buses in the fleet to break again while someone at Stockton has to suffer a 15 year old dart.

Redcar do look after their buses as best as they can. They have been been plagued with bad luck and bad buses over the years. In terms of mechanical issues going on in Redcar. That could be anyone’s guess. Just hope once the tax year starts, some investment starts to come in from the new American owners. Also another thing could be to put the Temsas back in performance mode. All the time that they have been in economy mode they have been sluggish and consistently braking down when they never used too. 58 Plate Enviros. Well, all though people think it’s great which it is. I can’t see them being able to cope with the X3, X4 or X93 with being soo old. They will probs put all of them on the 63 and 62 and most likely withdraw the ALX’s. Then again who knows with Redcar. They keep their buses to they actually can’t operate them anymore.
1355 us in the X2/3 64/64a cycle today
Has 1351 entered service or still in the depot
(27 Dec 2023, 10:22 am)Ryland wrote [ -> ]1355 us in the X2/3 64/64a cycle today
Has 1351 entered service or still in the depot

1351 was on driver training  today
(23 Dec 2023, 7:39 am)Storx wrote [ -> ]In fairness, depends where the vehicles are off the road. If Redcar, which we all know is, the depot who aren't looking after their buses then why should they be getting the better buses in the fleet to break again while someone at Stockton has to suffer a 15 year old dart.

Nothin wrong with an MPD Dart son, can take one just about anywhere & better than a Solo any day
(28 Dec 2023, 6:51 pm)BIG MICK STOKOE wrote [ -> ]Nothin wrong with an MPD Dart son, can take one just about anywhere & better than a Solo any day

No arguments from me there, the quicker Solo's end up as tin cans, the better for me. Horrid horrid bus, infact anything low floor from Optare or Switch or whatever it calls itself today is.
1351 is also tracking as 1355 at the moment
(02 Jan 2024, 12:47 pm)Ryland wrote [ -> ]1351 is also tracking as 1355 at the moment

Yep. It was on the X93 this morning but seems to have been taking off it and 4710 is now tracking in it's place having been taking off the 63. Probs having problems with the route. Unless they have swapped the ticket machines which is unlikely.
Pages: 1 2