North East Buses

Full Version: Spirit Buses
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
(01 Jul 2015, 4:16 pm)buss14 wrote [ -> ]thanks for that but this was true because i know the driver who used to work for arriva and i usually talk to him quite often as i get the bus to coquetdale so my source of info are true and i do know what i am talking about plus you have never met me so how do you know if i am lying.

not being agressive just a bit shocked

his just a something i would like t ask do you have any backup info of the things you put on this forum because if you dont you have no acception to say i put rubbish on here when probably do the same or alter some of the info
[attachment=6895]

And there haven't been any of those since last week! Wink

If Spirit are going to expand, I think that the changes to the X18 around Alnmouth, Lesbury and Longhoughton are perfect for them.

There was discussion around the routing of the X18, before the latest revisions - with the indirect route between Longhoughton and Alnmouth Station brought up.
If Spirit can get an extension and link it into train arrivals/departures (particularly during peaks or when two trains are at the station together) - ensuring the link is more reliable, direct and quicker than going via Alnwick - they could be on to a winner.
(02 Jul 2015, 8:18 am)Andreos1 wrote [ -> ]And there haven't been any of those since last week! Wink

If Spirit are going to expand, I think that the changes to the X18 around Alnmouth, Lesbury and Longhoughton are perfect for them.

There was discussion around the routing of the X18, before the latest revisions - with the indirect route between Longhoughton and Alnmouth Station brought up.
If Spirit can get an extension and link it into train arrivals/departures (particularly during peaks or when two trains are at the station together) - ensuring the link is more reliable, direct and quicker than going via Alnwick - they could be on to a winner.

i never mentioned anything about expanding.
I was out and about on Saturday and spotted E200 MX14 FUG in unbranded plain white on the 15 between Alnwick and Edlingham.
(13 Jul 2015, 6:13 pm)passenger_10 wrote [ -> ]I was out and about on Saturday and spotted E200 MX14 FUG in unbranded plain white on the 15 between Alnwick and Edlingham.

I wonder why Ace Travel got rid of a vehicle that they got new in 2014 to serve a new contract?

Edited to add:- http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...ading.html
Is the E200 just at Spirit on trial, or have they bought it?
(13 Jul 2015, 6:21 pm)G-CPTN wrote [ -> ]I wonder why Ace Travel got rid of a vehicle that they got new in 2014 to serve a new contract?

Edited to add:- http://www.thenorthwestbusblog.co.uk/201...ading.html

Sister of the one now with Stagecarriage (FUH).

1. PB1129385/1 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Opposite Three Wheat Heads Pub and Alnmouth Rail Station given service number 15 effective from 19-Sep-2015.
    [color][size][font]
  2. PB1129385/2 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    [/font][/size][/color]
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Queens Head Pub, Rothbury given service number 16 effective from 19-Sep-2015.
    [color][size][font]
  3. PB1129385/3 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    [/font][/size][/color]
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Bird in the Bush, Elsdon given service number 17 effective from 16-Sep-2015.
    [color][size][font]
  4. PB1129385/4 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    [/font][/size][/color]
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Wallington Hall Coach Park given service number 18 effective from 18-Sep-2015.
    [color][size][font]
  5. PB1129385/5 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    [/font][/size][/color]
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Opposite Three Wheat Heads Pub and Morpeth Bus Station given service number 14S effective from 18-Sep-2015
(24 Jul 2015, 9:54 pm)park5354 wrote [ -> ]
  1. PB1129385/1 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Opposite Three Wheat Heads Pub and Alnmouth Rail Station given service number 15 effective from 19-Sep-2015.

2. PB1129385/2 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Queens Head Pub, Rothbury given service number 16 effective from 19-Sep-2015.

3. PB1129385/3 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Bird in the Bush, Elsdon given service number 17 effective from 16-Sep-2015.

4. PB1129385/4 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Newsagents, Rothbury and Wallington Hall Coach Park given service number 18 effective from 18-Sep-2015.

5. PB1129385/5 - SPIRIT BUSES LTD, UNIT, UNIT 3B, ROTHBURY INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, ROTHBURY, MORPETH, NE65 7RZ
    • Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Opposite Three Wheat Heads Pub and Morpeth Bus Station given service number 14S effective from 18-Sep-2015
 Shame they losing all the work
(24 Jul 2015, 10:27 pm)jaimzm wrote [ -> ] Shame they losing all the work

It's a commercial operation too, such a shame it didn't work out.
There isn't anything on their Facebook, so could it be possible that they are changing their services, and haven't registered the new ones yet? The fact they've just got a pretty much brand new E200 must mean they aren't stopping?
No those services are definitely being withdrawn, should be a press release over the weekend. They are being withdrawn because of the withdrawal of promised grant money as a result of government cutbacks. Also maintaince costs were an issue.

However they are hoping to get back up and running next summer after applying for more funding, and they are looking into a Christmas Shopper service too.
It's a shame as these commercially operated routes were a really good initiative. The problems they had with the initial vehicles wouldn't have helped. It shows that rural communities do need support for bus services and the government must make them a special case.
(24 Jul 2015, 11:07 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]No those services are definitely being withdrawn, should be a press release over the weekend. They are being withdrawn because of the withdrawal of promised grant money as a result of government cutbacks. Also maintaince costs were an issue.

However they are hoping to get back up and running next summer after applying for more funding, and they are looking into a Christmas Shopper service too.

I thought the service was a commerical operation.
The only grant they should get is BSOG, and I wasn't aware that was being cut? Their operations are certainly 100% commercial.
Could it be the council reducing what it reimbursed them for concession passes?
(25 Jul 2015, 6:41 am)Greg in Weardale wrote [ -> ]Could it be the council reducing what it reimbursed them for concession passes?
I thought that the formula remains the same regardless of what Northumberland County Council want to do, doesn't it?
(22 Jul 2015, 3:11 pm)Cock Robin wrote [ -> ]Sister of the one now with Stagecarriage (FUH).

Registration wise yes, length wise more like a sister to Coast & Country's MX14FUT

(25 Jul 2015, 6:27 am)aureolin wrote [ -> ]The only grant they should get is BSOG, and I wasn't aware that was being cut? Their operations are certainly 100% commercial.

Trying to remember what he put on Facebook - he had some sort of start-up business grant which only lasts a year and he was trying to raise support to keep the services going.
No, one of the problems with bus services, both commercial and supported, is that in many areas councils are reducing what they pay for passes because of the cuts imposed on them by the government. Such cuts in payment for passes caused the demise of Pennine of Skipton last year, and is putting financial strain on many companies. The government introduced the free passes, but has never fully reimbursed councils for funding them, hence austerity has caused councils to cut what they pay for use of passes and subsidy for non commercial routes. Also one way of reducing what they have to pay for passes is to cut services so pass holders have no buses to use!
So, going back to eezypeazy's post on the 15 July 2013.......has he been proven right?

'Much as I Iike Rothbury and its environs (and who wouldn’t?), this just doesn’t look viable to me.'
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15