North East Buses

Full Version: What are you listening to right now? (The Music Thread)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27
(11 Apr 2014, 11:05 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]It's ok, but it's a bit too housey for my liking.

What you mean 'too housey' Wink. Cant get housey enough man.

On a different note, it appears Metro gave picked up on the Britpop thing too - http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/11/nine-of-th...l-4696346/

edit and again today http://metro.co.uk/2014/04/13/nine-thing...p-4696887/
Really liking Of Monsters and Men as of late.

Throwback and a half for me, this one.
(14 Apr 2014, 11:10 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]

Throwback and a half for me, this one.

haven't heard this song a while, that video though hahaha
(14 Apr 2014, 11:11 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]haven't heard this song a while, that video though hahaha

It's the video which hooked me as a kid, I think! I hadn't heard it for ages but there are some builders coming to mine today and I was using a cardboard box to transport some stuff out of the room they'll be in.

I suddenly remembered that song - so Googled 'cardboard woman in a cardboard world song'... Sure enough it came up!
(14 Apr 2014, 11:14 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]It's the video which hooked me as a kid, I think! I hadn't heard it for ages but there are some builders coming to mine today and I was using a cardboard box to transport some stuff out of the room they'll be in.

I suddenly remembered that song - so Googled 'cardboard woman in a cardboard world song'... Sure enough it came up!

haha who would of thought that moving stuff would of brought a song up you haven't heard for ages
(14 Apr 2014, 11:15 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]haha who would of thought that moving stuff would of brought a song up you haven't heard for ages

The feeling was immense when some randomer in our little group put Scooter - "Jumping All Over The World" on the other day, and a few of my mates and I jumped up and started doing the dance.

Reminded me of the primary school discos. Tongue
(14 Apr 2014, 11:19 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]The feeling was immense when some randomer in our little group put Scooter - "Jumping All Over The World" on the other day, and a few of my mates and I jumped up and started doing the dance.

Reminded me of the primary school discos. Tongue

Tongue, used to love the 90's school discos, all i ever did was spend my time eating hotdogs and sweets haha
(14 Apr 2014, 11:20 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tongue, used to love the 90's school discos, all i ever did was spend my time eating hotdogs and sweets haha

Same. I remember when they let Year 6s man one of the sweet stall things in their final year in school.
They put me on one for a bit, and I think I ate most of the sweets free of charge - on the basis that it was my stall. Tongue

The hotdogs were the boy mind. Still remember them costing 50p and the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes.
(14 Apr 2014, 11:24 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Same. I remember when they let Year 6s man one of the sweet stall things in their final year in school.
They put me on one for a bit, and I think I ate most of the sweets free of charge - on the basis that it was my stall. Tongue

The hotdogs were the boy mind. Still remember them costing 50p and the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes.

lmao - the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes. - that's true.

Which Primary School did u go to?

I went to Broadway Junior school
(14 Apr 2014, 11:29 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]lmao - the teacher who used to do it every year was obsessed with Primark and shoes. - that's true.

Which Primary School did u go to?

I went to Broadway Junior school

Plains Farm Primary School. Used to hate Broadway when we competed in the Swimming Galas at Sandhill - we never won. Tongue

Was surprised to see that the school is now marked as 'inadequate' by Oftsed mind...
http://www.isdb.co.uk/plains_farm_primar...sunderland
(14 Apr 2014, 11:37 am)Dan wrote [ -> ]Plains Farm Primary School. Used to hate Broadway when we competed in the Swimming Galas at Sandhill - we never won. Tongue

Was surprised to see that the school is now marked as 'inadequate' by Oftsed mind...
http://www.isdb.co.uk/plains_farm_primar...sunderland

Tongue, Broadway is normally good at swimming, i haven't being back to my old school for ages.
(14 Apr 2014, 11:43 am)Michael wrote [ -> ]Tongue, Broadway is normally good at swimming, i haven't being back to my old school for ages.

Disappointing to see my current school down as Satisfactory, when it was outstanding in 2007.
(14 Apr 2014, 11:57 am)Tom wrote [ -> ]Disappointing to see my current school down as Satisfactory, when it was outstanding in 2007.

what school is that?
Early 90s was the place to be for Primary School discos mind. Although there was no DB Boulevard back then. Tongue

The stuff we used to get, and the main ones I can remember (which I liked) were the likes of Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax, The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode, Capella - U Got 2 Let The Music, Haddaway - What Is Love, Culture Beat - Mr Vain, Urban Cookie Collective - The Key The Secret, D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better, Reel 2 Reel - I Like To Move It.

Apart from that, you got chart stuff at the time. The likes of Take That, East 17, 2 Unlimited, Jamiroquai, Scooter, etc.

Two tunes I always remember people asking for over and over again, were this and this. God knows how they got away with playing the first one. Tongue
(14 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Early 90s was the place to be for Primary School discos mind. Although there was no DB Boulevard back then. Tongue

The stuff we used to get, and the main ones I can remember (which I liked) were the likes of Frankie Goes to Hollywood - Relax, The Shamen - Ebeneezer Goode, Capella - U Got 2 Let The Music, Haddaway - What Is Love, Culture Beat - Mr Vain, Urban Cookie Collective - The Key The Secret, D:Ream - Things Can Only Get Better, Reel 2 Reel - I Like To Move It.

Apart from that, you got chart stuff at the time. The likes of Take That, East 17, 2 Unlimited, Jamiroquai, Scooter, etc.

Two tunes I always remember people asking for over and over again, were this and this. God knows how they got away with playing the first one. Tongue

Frankie goes to hollywood - relax -1 of my fav songs
(14 Apr 2014, 7:49 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Frankie goes to hollywood - relax -1 of my fav songs

Better than two tribes??
(14 Apr 2014, 7:53 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Better than two tribes??

Close but relax is better Smile
(14 Apr 2014, 7:44 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Early 90s was the place to be for Primary School discos mind. Although there was no DB Boulevard back then. Tongue

Remember all of those.
Can remember getting on a packed old school w5 one hot summers day and http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ask_sedxu0o came on the drivers little portable radio.
(14 Apr 2014, 8:29 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]Remember all of those.
Can remember getting on a packed old school w5 one hot summers day and http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ask_sedxu0o came on the drivers little portable radio.

I can remember drivers having those on the old MiniLink buses. There was also a driver that used to drive the X85 that passed through Washington Village, and he used to have a boom box with him sometimes.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27