North East Buses

Full Version: Not really trespassing but...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Coming home on the 61, I heard a radio message come over warning drivers to take care going through Park Lane to take it easy because people were jumping in front of vehicles to take photos
I can think of 2 people who could be doing that.
(11 Nov 2013, 6:38 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]Who was jumping out in front of buses yesterday in Park Lane Interchange???

Coming home on the 61, I heard a radio message come over warning drivers to take care going through Park Lane to take it easy because people were jumping in front of vehicles to take photos

Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.
(11 Nov 2013, 8:37 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Certain names come to mind but not gonna single them out.

If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them
(11 Nov 2013, 9:49 pm)fozzovmurton wrote [ -> ]If one of those names rhymes with a famous ex-footballer from Gateshead, then I can safely say, it has nothing to do with him, I saw 2 lads dodging about Park Lane...But as I like to keep myself to myself, I did not approach them as I did not recognise them

Not sure of that one. Lol
(11 Nov 2013, 9:52 pm)Michael wrote [ -> ]Not sure of that one. Lol

Don't know anyone that has a name like Shearer Tongue
There used to be one that used to run out onto the road at the Galleries about a year or so ago, but I told a friend to pass a warning onto him that the drivers were getting quite peeved about it.

It could be possible that they might be from outside of the area.
When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue
Can't account for anyone else though, other than myself - fair to say I was only on the road when walking away from Park Lane...

Still a little peeved that a Deptford bus driver took a photograph of the enthusiast mentioned above, and he later took the piss out of him too. Driver told me that he hated his photo being taken as well - called it un-fucking-lucky after that incident and made sure I got a few clear shots of him driving the Streetlites... Not that the mentioned enthusiast had a clue about it, being all excited about the new buses. I'd name and shame the driver if I could!

For now, however, "durham bus man" on Flickr got an ace shot of him:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N0...otostream/

Claimed he hadn't even had driver familiarisation when he was relieving another driver of his duties! Fair to say I avoided 5371 as much as possible on Sunday - wouldn't like to put my life in his hands if he's not taken Deptford up on the offer of familiarisation...
I won't have a chance to drift to Sunderland to see the Streetlites until next week as I'm otherwise engaged with a bus running day using ex Busways C-LFT Leyland Olympians in Hull on the Saturday and having a trip out in the Henry Coopers Leyland Tiger on the Sunday.

If I'm lucky, I might get down on Tuesday, but it's going to be a busy day for me since it's my only day off next week and I need to get photos of the Drifters and Saltwell Parks.
If anyone was jumping infront of buses then surely Nexus should have removed them?

It's a private road so the Police wouldn't be concerned (unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed)
(12 Nov 2013, 3:31 pm)gtomlinson wrote [ -> ]unless of course said person was jumping infront of traffic because they were mentally disturbed

To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.
(11 Nov 2013, 11:11 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]When I was at Park Lane briefly (can't stand the place..ugh!) the prime suspect did not actually step foot off the public walkway, he was just running between the coach waiting area and Stand [wherever the Drifter stops at]. Tongue
Can't account for anyone else though, other than myself - fair to say I was only on the road when walking away from Park Lane...

Still a little peeved that a Deptford bus driver took a photograph of the enthusiast mentioned above, and he later took the piss out of him too. Driver told me that he hated his photo being taken as well - called it un-fucking-lucky after that incident and made sure I got a few clear shots of him driving the Streetlites... Not that the mentioned enthusiast had a clue about it, being all excited about the new buses. I'd name and shame the driver if I could!

For now, however, "durham bus man" on Flickr got an ace shot of him:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N0...otostream/

Claimed he hadn't even had driver familiarisation when he was relieving another driver of his duties! Fair to say I avoided 5371 as much as possible on Sunday - wouldn't like to put my life in his hands if he's not taken Deptford up on the offer of familiarisation...

Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

I'm also surprised that this driver has had time to get out of his cab and get off the bus to take a photo of the said enthusiast.
(12 Nov 2013, 4:38 pm)GMitchelhill wrote [ -> ]To be honest, I think a lot of "normal" people think we're all mentally disturbed for photographing buses.

Perhaps - but it's no different to sticking go faster stripes on your car, and opening up the hood to check the engine every time you park up? At least that's what the folk that hang around in the McDonalds car park seem to do. Wink
(12 Nov 2013, 7:12 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]Shame really. It only takes a few bad apples to give people a bad experience of what I'd say is one of the most enthusiast friendly bus operators in the UK.

I'm also surprised that this driver has had time to get out of his cab and get off the bus to take a photo of the said enthusiast.

Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.
Here's hoping he didn't get a photo of me too... The things I could claim, being a minor!

Here's hoping someone on here knows who he is so the driver can see the above post.
(12 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm)Dan wrote [ -> ]Was when he was changing over with another driver. Although he wasn't inside of the cab, he was still representing the company.
Here's hoping he didn't get a photo of me too... The things I could claim, being a minor!

Here's hoping someone on here knows who he is so the driver can see the above post.

I've never really had anything like that happen to me. I'd probably just stand there and make a point of taking photos of him.
I have been known to take photos of people who take pictures of me...The police dont like it...

Coming back from Durham big meeting a few years ago, the Police had TSG and EG teams following the Murton parade from the Racecourse to Claypath and were taking photos of us, at Claypath they started to take photos of people waiting for the buses back home, I turned my camera on them and they came running after me, luckily I was able to jump on the bus and it pulled away sharp, they were probably more upset about the middle fingered wave I gave them Wink