North East Buses

Full Version: Favourite or least favourite vehicles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We all have a favourite type of vehicle and there are the ones we love to hate, but what about a specific vehicle?

Do you have a particular member of the past or present fleets that you enjoy riding on or seeing?

I personally like the unique or one off vehicles such as the Go ahead Northern Atlantean with the giant big black bumper (cant remember the fleet number), there were a couple of the Nationals in the early 90s that still had an original feature showing above the door, to remind passengers to pay the driver on entry, there was one of the M2/M3 MPDs had a unique coloured bumper...

Anyone else have a soft spot?

CatsFast101

I've got a soft spot for Versas and Omnicitys. I've been on many a GNE Versa, and I do like them quite a lot! I find them very nice I don't really know why just something about them and again with the Omnicity I like the feel, look and layout of the Arriva versions but I find them a smooth ride also. Only ever been on a GNE Omnicity for literally 5 mins but again I like them also!
There was a few Leyland Atlantean / ECWs with the HELP Bumper.

My Favourites:
Leyland Olympian (Preferbly Cummins L10 / Voith 4 speed) - Other varients acceptable.
Dennis Arrow
Leyland National
Van Hool A308
DAF DB250 / Optare Spectra
Leyland Lynx
Volvo Olympian
Dennis Lance (Incl SLF varients)
Scania N113s
Leyland Atlantean
Optare MetroRider
Optare Excel
Renault / Irisbus Agoraline
Renault PR100
MAN 18:220 / Alexander ALX300 (From S Reg to X Reg)

Hate:
Dennis Dart SLF / Plaxton SPD (Unless with Voith gearbox)
Marshall Minibus
Plaxton Primo
BMC Falcon
BMC Condor
Mercedes Benz Vario range
Volvo B7L / B7LA
Freight Rover Sherpa
DAF SB220 / Plaxton Prestige
For some reason I was always drawn to the DAFs. Especially the Lambton Worm ones; considering the amount of time they were off route. I also specifically liked 4894; not too keen on 4988 or 4895. It was just the sight of that Northern Prestige that I liked.
Favourites:

Daf DB250 (prefer the Voith Gearbox)
Man/Alx300 (the older ones)
MCW Metrobus
Plaxton Prestiege
The Ex London East Lancs bodied Volvo B7's GNE has (would like them even more if they weren't dual doored)
Scania Omnicity
Dennis Dart SPD
Dennis Lance

Dislike:

Volvo B10BLE
Mercedes Citaro
Enviro 400
Volvo B5 Hybrid
Volvo B9TL
Optare Solo