North East Buses

Full Version: tyne and wear metro open day 2015
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
if they have it is anyone going (i know it's over a year away)
(09 Mar 2014, 4:42 pm)danpick wrote [ -> ]is they have it is anyone going (i know it's over a year away)

Where did you find out about this?
(09 Mar 2014, 4:51 pm)Tom wrote [ -> ]Where did you find out about this?

i haven't just assuming they will
Do they still do these?

I've been to a couple in the past - the last one I attended was probably in the early 90's. The highlight for me was the Metro simulator they had set up for the public.
(10 Mar 2014, 11:27 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]Do they still do these?

I've been to a couple in the past - the last one I attended was probably in the early 90's. The highlight for me was the Metro simulator they had set up for the public.

I think the assumption was made based on that they had one for the 25th anniversary (2005), and 30th anniversary (2010). I hope they do have one though.

I remember a Metro simulator being on display somewhere, but can't think for the life of me where? Would have been very early 90s though and not a depot.
(11 Mar 2014, 6:48 pm)aureolin wrote [ -> ]I remember a Metro simulator being on display somewhere, but can't think for the life of me where? Would have been very early 90s though and not a depot.

I think it has been on tour before as I seem to remember seeing it somewhere else too. Perhaps the Gateshead National Garden Festival or some other important North East event.

The simulator itself was a mock-up of the interior of the cab with the some stairs leading up to it. The simulator itself was pretty poor as there was only one outcome - failure to apply the brakes properly leading to an accident!
(11 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I think it has been on tour before as I seem to remember seeing it somewhere else too. Perhaps the Gateshead National Garden Festival or some other important North East event.

The simulator itself was a mock-up of the interior of the cab with the some stairs leading up to it. The simulator itself was pretty poor as there was only one outcome - failure to apply the brakes properly leading to an accident!

I was thinking either the air show or Kite Festival for some reason? I'd love to know if it still exists.
It would be pretty outdated if it did still exist.

Given how interface-based visual technology has advanced since the 1990s, an updated version could be pretty damn impressive.
(11 Mar 2014, 7:20 pm)AdamY wrote [ -> ]I think it has been on tour before as I seem to remember seeing it somewhere else too. Perhaps the Gateshead National Garden Festival or some other important North East event.

It was at the Garden Festival - no idea if it has been shown elsewhere.