North East Buses

Full Version: A Idea for a New Multi Purpose Bus/Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It has been discussed a lot recently on NEB, How in the Current Bus & Coach Market there isn't a Double Decker Vehicle which is Capable of Handling Long Distance and Very Demanding Services such as Go North East's X9/X10 Services and the Arriva North East Service X93, With the only other Option to use Coaches on the Services which then Result in a Decrease in Capacity and increase in Frequency of Service and Fuel Costs as a Result.

But what if there was a Multi Purpose Vehicle on the Market, which is Capable of Handling the above and more, such as National Express and Stagecoach Megabus Services up and down the Country on a Daily Basis, what if we had my Idea, which is...........?

The Volvo B12R Plaxton Prolific created by Myself on Basis of the Elite, but in a Double Decker Format.

[attachment=5495]

Prolific Key Vehicle Features

- Fitted with Volvo DH12C (later DH12D and DH12E) 6-cylinder 12-litre Turbo Diesel Engine, coupled to a Volvo-automated, ZF automatic, or more recently, Volvo I-Shift transmission.

- Available in Various Lengths along with Tri-Axle Format also for Additional Capacity and Storage Space

On Board Facillities (Which I could think of) Feel free to add to this.

- Low Floor for Easy Access for Disabled Customers and Wheelchair Users
- Buses fitted with On Board CCTV for Customer Safety and Peace of Mind
- Next Stop Announcements
- Upper and Lower Deck TV Screens (Optional)
- Free On Board Wi-fi and Power Sockets for Charging Phone or Using a Computer etc (Optional)
- Comfortable Leather Seats with Arm Rests and Mini Table (Like on Trains) with Cup Holders with are (Optional)
- 1 Toilet (Optional) - Wouldn't be needed on TTX or X93
- Storage Space for Passenger Luggage, Plus Additional Space on the Underside of the Staircase also (Optional)

I was also thinking a Single Decker could be made Available also, again with Tri-Axle Format being Available with the above On Board Features, If have anything to add that I have missed, which could be Beneficial, please do add it to the List.
(20 May 2014, 1:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]It has been discussed a lot recently on NEB, How in the Current Bus & Coach Market there isn't a Double Decker Vehicle which is Capable of Handling Long Distance and Very Demanding Services such as Go North East's X9/X10 Services and the Arriva North East Service X93, With the only other Option to use Coaches on the Services which then Result in a Decrease in Capacity and increase in Frequency of Service and Fuel Costs as a Result.

But what if there was a Multi Purpose Vehicle on the Market, which is Capable of Handling the above and more, such as National Express and Stagecoach Megabus Services up and down the Country on a Daily Basis, what if we had my Idea, which is...........?

The Volvo B12R Plaxton Prolific created by Myself on Basis of the Elite, but in a Double Decker Format.

- Fitted with Volvo DH12C (later DH12D and DH12E) 6-cylinder 12-litre Turbo Diesel Engine, coupled to a Volvo-automated, ZF automatic, or more recently, Volvo I-Shift transmission.

- Available in Various Lengths along with Tri-Axle Format also for Additional Capacity and Storage Space

- Free On Board Wi-fi and Power Sockets for Charging Phone or Using a Computer etc (Optional)
- Comfortable Leather Seats with Arm Rests and Mini Table (Like on Trains) with Cup Holders with are (Optional)
- Storage Space for Passenger Luggage, Plus Additional Space on the Underside of the Staircase also (Optional)

I was also thinking a Single Decker could be made Available also, again with Tri-Axle Format being Available with the above On Board Features, If have anything to add that I have missed, which could be Beneficial, please do add it to the List.

To help reduce costs, it would need to be of lightweight material.
Anything heavy, would add to the fuel costs and purchase price.

Or, could you power a Gemini chassis, with a more powerful engine?
(20 May 2014, 2:35 pm)Andreos Constantopolous wrote [ -> ]To help reduce costs, it would need to be of lightweight material.
Anything heavy, would add to the fuel costs and purchase price.

Or, could you power a Gemini chassis, with a more powerful engine?

No idea, I think you would be able to somehow, The Paper Bus itself was a Gemini 2, I just edited it so it had the Plaxton Elite Front/Rear, I think the Chassis would have to be Altered to accommodate the Bigger more Powerful Engine, but I have no idea when comes to this Area of a Bus, I'm sure someone on here would know if the "Prolific Idea" would need a New Chassis or Not.
(20 May 2014, 1:55 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote [ -> ]It has been discussed a lot recently on NEB, How in the Current Bus & Coach Market there isn't a Double Decker Vehicle which is Capable of Handling Long Distance and Very Demanding Services such as Go North East's X9/X10 Services and the Arriva North East Service X93, With the only other Option to use Coaches on the Services which then Result in a Decrease in Capacity and increase in Frequency of Service and Fuel Costs as a Result.

The B9TL is actually a decent little engine in its own right. It all boils down to the injection and gearing that hinders them on long distance routes. The D10-245 was only 9-10 litre but the gearing was taller (less tailored to the city) and the fuel injection system was mechanical rather than via an ECU. The same goes for gear changes. What is really needed is a gearbox with better gearing ratios and a chassis and engine combination with more reliable control systems.