North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1435)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Jimmi - 10 Apr 2015

5237 repainted black on service 46 today.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/127079988@N02/16479611583/

(10 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)citaro5284 wrote We never say it is perfect and every operator has its faults, but when you work for a company and you know things posted on here are not quite right, we will defend the Company to the hilt.  I know I do, and Scott does the same with Arriva.

Yeah I probably overreacted a bit earlier, I was in a really bad mood when I posted this and was a bit lost in Gateshead at the time.

Was confused as to whether the 94 stopped at the stop at question as I was there for so long, thoughts were going through my head such as Nexus not updating the timetables on the stop and the only real research I did was on Google Maps where the information turned out to be incorrect so that made my head go into maximum overdrive panic mode as I have never done The Loop routes before today so I didn't have a clue where I was going, didn't even know the 93 went past Saltmeadow's.

Really lost it when I didn't know which way to go at the traffic lights up by Mecca Bingo.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - cbma06 - 10 Apr 2015

I was told by a GNE employee, that new buses for the East Durham Network, no new buses for Deptford, and also the GNE MD has been called for from Management down south at least 3 times within the past year, and a few days ago GNE have been given 2 weeks to sort out their route allocations.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - omnicity4659 - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think I will use a hastag here...

#bullshit

Which part of it? 

I consider it #steamyhorseshit

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm)cbma06 wrote I was told by a GNE employee, that new buses for the East Durham Network, no new buses for Deptford, and also the GNE MD has been called for from Management down south at least 3 times within the past year, and a few days ago GNE have been given 2 weeks to sort out their route allocations.

(10 Apr 2015, 6:09 pm)citaro5284 wrote I think I will use a hastag here...

#bullshit
For what bits though, quite a few statements in cmba06s post.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - tyresmoke - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm)citaro5284 wrote That would be telling....and I aint.... Angel

The way it's going these #yellowsolos are going to get their own hashtag like those pesky #purplesolars
#hashtagsonneb

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - omnicity4659 - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote There is 2 spare Venture Solo's, so when they are not required on Venture work, they go wandering!!

We require these ones too: #missingredomnicitys #missingdfdsbuses #missingsilvergeminis #missingblueomnicitys  Wink

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 6:15 pm)citaro5284 wrote That would be telling....and I aint.... Angel

Ill go with the 2 latter statements.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Adrian - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 1:10 pm)Jimmi wrote Before my walk to Gateshead at  Saltmore's (think I've spelt that wrong) it looked like one of the Coast and Country StreetLite's was getting branding applied (may be wrong).

Before anyone asks I don't have any photos as I couldn't really get in a good  position to take photos from outside and there was a lot of engineers inside so I don't think I really could have taken a photo through the fence or even anywhere outside the depot without anything being said.

Nowt they can do about it. They'll have to board the gaps up in the fence, if they don't want people taking photos through it. As long as you're standing on the public footpath outside, then you're not doing anything wrong. Careful with the boundaries though, as just because the gates are fitted at an angle, doesn't necessarily mean that you're not on their land. Stick to the footpaths. 

(10 Apr 2015, 8:38 pm)aureolin wrote Nowt they can do about it. They'll have to board the gaps up in the fence, if they don't want people taking photos through it. As long as you're standing on the public footpath outside, then you're not doing anything wrong. Careful with the boundaries though, as just because the gates are fitted at an angle, doesn't necessarily mean that you're not on their land. Stick to the footpaths. 

I always stick to footpaths when I take photos around depots I would never actually go into a depot for shots as that would be trespassing.

I was a bit nervous as there was a few walking around outside when I went there and although the Coast and Country StreetLite's were at the front they were in a very difficult position to take photos of and probably the only way of getting photos would have probably been to stand on the opposite side of the road but the photo would have been mostly fence so I felt it wasn't worth the hassle.

Arriva Jesmond was easier as there was less people walking around and you can hide behind the cars.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Drifter60 - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 5:57 pm)cbma06 wrote I was told by a GNE employee, that new buses for the East Durham Network, no new buses for Deptford, and also the GNE MD has been called for from Management down south at least 3 times within the past year, and a few days ago GNE have been given 2 weeks to sort out their route allocations.

If a GNE employee is a driver? I doubt this kind of information would be shared with the whole company's staff. I don't think there's much problems with route allocations like, and that's depot level issues- I'm sure that if there's a problem allocation wise management for GNE would be telling of the depots. 
However, I do think new buses for East Durham could be likely. Although, I'm basis that on no real information but it would make sense- 13 MPD's new in 2002 should be withdrawn soon I should think, most work on the East Durham network so it could be upgrading the fleet. With solos already on the 238, they'd only need them for Peterlee, so 14 buses. 
Also, wonder why the two nexus solos from Deptford haven't been unbranded? 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Diamond One - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 3:25 pm)Dan wrote I'd imagine that BJ10VUS is referring to the via points which tally up with the main calling points on the timetable?
They still have the former vehicle on the timetable thought it would be updated by now with ominicities
I heard the same thing but I say I only believe NEB or the management of the company itself

(10 Apr 2015, 9:14 pm)Drifter60 wrote If a GNE employee is a driver? I doubt this kind of information would be shared with the whole company's staff. I don't think there's much problems with route allocations like, and that's depot level issues- I'm sure that if there's a problem allocation wise management for GNE would be telling of the depots. 
However, I do think new buses for East Durham could be likely. Although, I'm basis that on no real information but it would make sense- 13 MPD's new in 2002 should be withdrawn soon I should think, most work on the East Durham network so it could be upgrading the fleet. With solos already on the 238, they'd only need them for Peterlee, so 14 buses. 
Also, wonder why the two nexus solos from Deptford haven't been unbranded? 
Probably because they will remain on the 238 after the Service Changes occur under Nexus Subsidy.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Diamond One - 10 Apr 2015

MPD 561: NK53 TLF has been transferred from Deptford to Hexham for operation on the Roman Wall service. Details of further new Streetlite deliveries are to follow.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - L469 YVK - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 5:13 pm)citaro5284 wrote We never say it is perfect and every operator has its faults, but when you work for a company and you know things posted on here are not quite right, we will defend the Company to the hilt.  I know I do, and Scott does the same with Arriva.

They boh have their faults but GNE as a whole are more dilligent. Take this for example:

- GNE added loads of time on the Cobalt Clipper during PM peaks to combat congestion issues at Cobalt. Result, fewer buses running late in both directions. Bear in mind that GNE have to deal with infrastructure issues around Cobalt because of the authorities not investing in the road infrastructure around the areas surrounding Cobalt. Also, if running late, drivers can simply contact control.

- Arriva gave the 308 more layover in Newcastle before turning back to Blyth during PM peaks back in March 2014 however, they still don't time the PM journeys towards Newcastke correctly resulting in a 'turn up and go' scenario where the service starts off running a few minutes late then, more passengers for following services turn up and get on it causing more delays. Also, drivers have limited contact with the depot / control rooms.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - RM2186 - 11 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 2:37 pm)Malarkey wrote I can vouch for the 4/X1 and 50 all running late this afternoon, in the short period I waited for 4855 on the 50 at The Galleries probs around 10-15 Minutes I seen 3 X1s in the space of 4 Minutes heading Towards Easington Lane, along with the X1 running in Twos in the opposite direction, the 4 likewise was running in Twos, and the 50 was either operating on time or anywhere between 5 and 20 Minutes Late.

Bit of a late update, but I can vouch for the fact that the three X1's at Washington together heading to Easington Lane was entirely down to two horse riders in Springwell that were unable to control their animals leading to stand still traffic while they put on a show on trying to calm them down.

Just goes to prove how quickly things can go wrong through no fault of an operator.

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Adrian - 11 Apr 2015

What's the solution? Never mention anything that could be seen as attributing blame to anyone, incase there happens to be a perfectly plausible reason behind it? Best scrap the Metro thread for a start.

A customer's relationship is with the operator or TOC. If they feel the service provided isn't as advertised, then they're perfectly within their rights to complain about it. If it's due to a problem outside their control, then it's up to them to explain where/why/how. Unfortunately this tends not to be the complaint, with many opting for a meaningless and frustrating standard response instead. I've always found that a bit of transparency goes a long way in appeasing customers.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - RM2186 - 11 Apr 2015

But we live in a blame culture these days. In my very long experience involved in the commercial world and with the public more so, there is a tendency not to listen to reason or the truth. This is less so with those people intelligent enough to take on board the information provided. People like to pick a fight and argue just because they want to.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Adrian - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 4:45 pm)RM2186 wrote But we live in a blame culture these days. In my very long experience involved in the commercial world and with the public more so, there is a tendency not to listen to reason or the truth. This is less so with those people intelligent enough to take on board the information provided. People like to pick a fight and argue just because they want to.

We live in a blame culture because customers feel that expectation never seems to match reality. We can be blinded with as many surveys as Passenger Focus want to throw at us, but the truth of the matter is that the majority of commuters face delays with their services. Whether that be traffic, bus break downs, horses, cyclists or whatever else. It's irrelevant to a customer. These companies seldom give their customers the reason or truth anyway, so they don't have the opportunity to take it on board. I've taken a look at the last handful of responses I've had from two different companies, and guess what? They're almost identical.

As I touched upon in my previous post, the customers relationship is with the operator/TOC. If they're having problems both inside or outside their control, then that's the operator/TOC's problem to resolve, and their customers pay them a lot of money do so. If I had a problem with my broadband, do you think I'd give a stuff whether it's an issue within Openreach's infrastructure or not? Nope. My complaint would be with my service provider, who I pay (and fully expect) to provide me with a service.

It's funny really, because this discussion started from Malarkey stating that he had seen three X1s together. There's absolutely no doubt that it happened (regardless of reason), and that's exactly what the customer sees. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Adrian - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 5:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote Quite like it how you are calling 'these companies' liars....think that is below the belt to be honest.

Never said anyone was as liar, nor did I mention any companies, but what would you call not giving a customer full information or the truth of why their expectations aren't being met?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - S813 FVK - 11 Apr 2015

Now Citaro, i hope im not seeing things this time Tongue 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/16861900147/

Im sure that says 'express to' rather than 'express intu...' for the Metrocentre destination.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Dan - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 6:32 pm)Robert wrote Now Citaro, i hope im not seeing things this time Tongue 

https://www.flickr.com/photos/16042610@N07/16861900147/

Im sure that says 'express to' rather than 'express intu...' for the Metrocentre destination.

The programme was (and still is) definitely set up to show 'express intu', as I updated all of Riverside's destinations at my end on Thursday.

[Image: 17002888725_f9ee43c4d1.jpg]Go North East: 8262 / NK04ZKY by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

You are right in saying that 5332 shows 'to' Metrocentre - so perhaps retains an old programme from when it was allocated to "Crusader" service 27:
[Image: 16278792733_fb55d5c704.jpg]5332 Go North East Mercedez Benz Citaro on Service X66 by Diamond One, on Flickr

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Drifter60 - 11 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 9:33 pm)Malarkey wrote Probably because they will remain on the 238 after the Service Changes occur under Nexus Subsidy.

Well it's only going to be nexus funded evening and sundays from Houghton to Barnwell. Sunderland-Seaham-Houghton isn't funded by nexus. In fact doesn't DCC part fund some of the trips on the current 238? 

(11 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm)Drifter60 wrote Well it's only going to be nexus funded evening and sundays from Houghton to Barnwell. Sunderland-Seaham-Houghton isn't funded by nexus. In fact doesn't DCC part fund some of the trips on the current 238? 

Yes, some of the first and last trips of the day on the 238 are partially secured.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 6:56 pm)Drifter60 wrote Well it's only going to be nexus funded evening and sundays from Houghton to Barnwell. Sunderland-Seaham-Houghton isn't funded by nexus. In fact doesn't DCC part fund some of the trips on the current 238? 

(11 Apr 2015, 7:00 pm)Dan wrote Yes, some of the first and last trips of the day on the 238 are partially secured.

Yes but it will still use the Solos during the day as it does now, sure Dan will confirm this.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Drifter60 - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 7:04 pm)Malarkey wrote Yes but it will still use the Solos during the day as it does now, sure Dan will confirm this.

Obviously it's going to need more solos though with the extension, 1 more? Deptford don't have that. 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - Malarkey - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 7:07 pm)Drifter60 wrote Obviously it's going to need more solos though with the extension, 1 more? Deptford don't have that. 

Stanley have two Solos spare for the Venture Network, could one of them not be repainted and transferred over to Deptford maybe, could one be on order for the 238 alongside a potential order for the East Durham Network possibly, wonder who might know the answer to this conundrum hmmm.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - April 2015 - S813 FVK - 11 Apr 2015

(11 Apr 2015, 7:32 pm)Malarkey wrote Stanley have two Solos spare for the Venture Network, could one of them not be repainted and transferred over to Deptford maybe, could one be on order for the 238 alongside a potential order for the East Durham Network possibly, wonder who might know the answer to this conundrum hmmm.

Does it necessarily need to use a Nexus branded vehicle? When not required on the 700 and 701, could 628 be used instead? I don't know how the timings work but i thought id throw the suggestion out there anyway.

(11 Apr 2015, 7:47 pm)citaro5284 wrote I will NOT doubt you anymore Robert   Big Grin

That's nice to hear (or read if you want to be pedantic) Tongue 

(11 Apr 2015, 7:45 pm)Robert wrote Does it necessarily need to use a Nexus branded vehicle? When not required on the 700 and 701, could 628 be used instead? I don't know how the timings work but i thought id throw the suggestion out there anyway.
The 700 is allocated 3x Hybrid Solo, the 701 is allocated 1x Solo SR. If a Hybrid is unavailable, 628 is allocated to the 700 instead and an MPD is allocated to the 701 in its place. Otherwise, there's no spare Sunderland Connects.