North East Buses
Next Stop Announcement Systems - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Next Stop Announcement Systems (/showthread.php?tid=3241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rapidsnap - 27 Jul 2022

Next Stop... Washington B&Q, alight here to get the same paint we use for our buses.
Next Stop... Stadium of Light, alight here for instant regret.
Next Stop... St James' Park, alight here to get the same oil we use in our bus engines.
Next Stop... Beamish Museum, alight here to get a ride on a replica old bus that is new than the bus that brought you here.
Next Stop... is not Killingworth Bus Station as we no longer serve here.
Next Stop... Central Station, come ride on the former MDs Lumo Trains.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rob44 - 28 Jul 2022

(27 Jul 2022, 11:57 pm)Rapidsnap Next Stop... Washington B&Q, alight here to get the same paint we use for our buses.
Next Stop... Stadium of Light, alight here for instant regret.
Next Stop... St James' Park, alight here to get the same oil we use in our bus engines.
Next Stop... Beamish Museum, alight here to get a ride on a replica old bus that is new than the bus that brought you here.
Next Stop... is not Killingworth Bus Station as we no longer serve here.
Next Stop... Central Station, come ride on the former MDs Lumo Trains.
If only there was a like button on here. I would have pressed it for this post!! ?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Aaron21 - 28 Jul 2022

Well I can now know I've gotta listen to the pub announcement on the 1 going into Gateshead horray. Thank god Martijn doesn't have a hand in running the metro. God forbid the Gateshead announcement

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Unber43 - 28 Jul 2022

(28 Jul 2022, 6:21 pm)Aaron21 Well I can now know I've gotta listen to the pub announcement on the 1 going into Gateshead horray. Thank god Martijn doesn't have a hand in running the metro. God forbid the Gateshead announcement
im pretty sure no one knows what Microbus is, the first time I heard it I thought it was a mistake.

What about the other facilities around Microbus why don't they get annoucements.

(28 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm)Unber43 im pretty sure no one knows what Microbus is, the first time I heard it I thought it was a mistake.

What about the other facilities around Microbus why don't they get annoucements.
Cause they don't get visited by Gilbert that's why lol

(28 Jul 2022, 6:23 pm)Unber43 im pretty sure no one knows what Microbus is, the first time I heard it I thought it was a mistake.

That could be said for a lot of announcements..but what really annoys me about it is that they done it for a pub. 

You don't hear announcements for High Street shopping at say somewhere like Cramlington or Wallsend. You don't hear it on the QA/QB going into Haymarket or any other service that passes near shopping places. Like u don't hear an announcement at Metrocentre for alight here for local shopping facilities. Why did it have to a pub the Gilbert goes to. Arriva won't have done something like that. No company would. 

On the topic of stuff like this what happened to the announcement that would read out change here for services to Metrocentre when u go Gateshead. Used to hear it on the X1 before it went to X Lines 

More stuff to rant about. Is the X21 announcements just copied from when it was branded Castle Express cause its the only service to do the Welcome on board your X Lines service to wherever. This bus will call at announcements. Never hear that on any other bus apart from the X21. I also find it funny she mentions all that for her to say your next stop will be Newgate Street Wilkinson

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 28 Jul 2022

(28 Jul 2022, 6:25 pm)Aaron21 More stuff to rant about. Is the X21 announcements just copied from when it was branded Castle Express cause its the only service to do the Welcome on board your X Lines service to wherever. This bus will call at announcements. Never hear that on any other bus apart from the X21. I also find it funny she mentions all that for her to say your next stop will be Newgate Street Wilkinson

No, that only came in when they rebranded to X-Lines, as far as I remember anyway. I remember moaning at the time about how it never shuts up.
The thing that always confused me with the X21 is where it does the 'Welcome to passengers joining us in X'. It says it for Coundon, where you may occasionally get the odd person getting on, but doesn't say it for Bishop or Spennymoor!

The first bus I remember it waffling on was the X9/X10, it would give you the spiel about the WiFi, USB etc. and how long until the destination.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Unber43 - 28 Jul 2022

(28 Jul 2022, 7:16 pm)streetdeckfan No, that only came in when they rebranded to X-Lines, as far as I remember anyway. I remember moaning at the time about how it never shuts up.
The thing that always confused me with the X21 is where it does the 'Welcome to passengers joining us in X'. It says it for Coundon, where you may occasionally get the odd person getting on, but doesn't say it for Bishop or Spennymoor!

The first bus I remember it waffling on was the X9/X10, it would give you the spiel about the WiFi, USB etc. and how long until the destination.
Tbf I like when it says Expect arrival in Durham in approx X mins

I hate and find it funny how she mentions the whole stops it does only for her to say..your next stop will be Newgate Street Wilkinson

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - OrangeArrow49 - 28 Jul 2022

(28 Jul 2022, 9:08 pm)Aaron21 I hate and find it funny how she mentions the whole stops it does only for her to say..your next stop will be Newgate Street Wilkinson

So you said 2 hours ago.

Next stop...more repetitive nonsense.

It's funny how she mentions all the stops only to say your next stop will be Newgate Street Wilkinsons isn't it?

Next stop...more repetitive nonsense.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 29 Jul 2022

(24 Jul 2022, 8:31 pm)ne14ne1 I’m all for Next Stop Announcements including important information, like ‘Clayton Street West, for Central Station’.
I’ve previously asked why ‘High Level Bridge North’ doesn’t say ‘for Central Station’ too.

However the pub info just doesn’t quite sit in the same category does it. It’s not important information or a key destination that a justifiable number of customers may need to know about (or care about). 

Do next stop announcements tell you where to alight for shopping centres, cathedrals, museums, nearby Metro stations or hospitals. 
They do not. 
Are they going to start naming random local businesses elsewhere? Let’s hope not.
‘Next stop, Durham Road. Alight for Chelsea O’Connor Hair and Heavenly Feet Chiropody & Podiatry’.

Is this random pub announcement more likely because the owner is seemingly a GNE fanboy (see: https://twitter.com/microbusg/status/1543289393586311169?s=21&t=0KxCJ6L8PbzOLWNZ53TosA) and MG likes the place? Surely that can be the only answer?

Exhibit #256, your honour:

https://twitter.com/martijngne/status/1552767722601304066?s=21&t=S_RN5O7fLF_sf-AnATCFhw

Big Grin  Dodgy

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 29 Jul 2022

(29 Jul 2022, 6:39 am)ne14ne1 Exhibit #256, your honour:

https://twitter.com/martijngne/status/1552767722601304066?s=21&t=S_RN5O7fLF_sf-AnATCFhw

Big Grin  Dodgy
Shameless isn't he!

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Adrian - 29 Jul 2022

(29 Jul 2022, 6:39 am)ne14ne1 Exhibit #256, your honour:

Big Grin  Dodgy

Man pops into a pub for a pint. Throw him in the tower immediately!

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 29 Jul 2022

(29 Jul 2022, 9:19 am)Adrian Man pops into a pub for a pint. Throw him in the tower immediately!
You know fine well the context in which the jest was made

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Retro Nero - 31 Jul 2022

Since the service changes on 24 July, there are quite a few services have no stop announcements., Now a week into changes

Next Stop Announcement Systems - Adrian - 31 Jul 2022

https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1553684471442030593?t=u8aztfrLN1USPf4wkT62Vw&s=19

Saw this and thought we should absolutely have some "alight here for your breakfast" announcements added to the NSAs.

Can't be having the MD go somewhere for food and drink and not have announcements for it.

Could even offer to cook the breakfast on the energy generated by the meltdown on this forum, which would save money against the tide of rising energy bills.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 31 Jul 2022

(31 Jul 2022, 1:55 pm)Adrian https://twitter.com/MartijnGNE/status/1553684471442030593?t=u8aztfrLN1USPf4wkT62Vw&s=19

Saw this and thought we should absolutely have some "alight here for your breakfast" announcements added to the NSAs.

Can't be having the MD go somewhere for food and drink and not have announcements for it.

Could even offer to cook the breakfast on the energy generated by the meltdown on this forum, which would save money against the tide of rising energy bills.

Im not sure The Bonney Comet have done enough ass-licking for that.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Adrian - 31 Jul 2022

(31 Jul 2022, 3:57 pm)ne14ne1 Im not sure The Bonney Comet have done enough ass-licking for that.
Have you tried either, out or interest?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 03 Aug 2022

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Aaron21 - 03 Aug 2022

Nice to know that the Askew Road stop now says. Askew Road, for Railway Quarter. Still don't see the point in an announcement for a pub that the md vists

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 03 Aug 2022

(03 Aug 2022, 4:16 pm)Aaron21 Nice to know that the Askew Road stop now says. Askew Road, for Railway Quarter. Still don't see the point in an announcement for a pub that the md vists

Why is it nice, out of interest?