North East Buses
Phoenix Coaches - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Other Operators (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=58)
+---- Forum: Northumberland Independents (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=70)
+---- Thread: Phoenix Coaches (/showthread.php?tid=85)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Tom - 29 Jul 2016

(29 Jul 2016, 8:49 pm)dannygee wrote Yep and surely they should have a uniform which they should all wear.

I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - South Tyne Lad - 29 Jul 2016

(29 Jul 2016, 8:51 pm)Tom wrote I agree hopefully they get it sorted as they aren't giving a great first impression at all! Especially with those horrible darts.

Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.
Pheonix like GCT got there drivers from other company's aswell as just retrained some of the Taxi Drivers, Though I admire how GCT Invested in New Vehicle's, Which are leased.

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. 

Just a Unprofessional, Unorganised operator which has been left to operate loads of Tendered Service's.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - omnicity4659 - 29 Jul 2016

(29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.
Pheonix like GCT got there drivers from other company's aswell as just retrained some of the Taxi Drivers, Though I admire how GCT Invested in New Vehicle's, Which are leased.

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. 

Just a Unprofessional, Unorganised operator which has been left to operate loads of Tendered Service's.

I agree. 

Phoenix did a great job of running their services back in 2014. Service 30 was impeccable, along with the 333. Free WiFi was offered on all vehicles and the drivers were really friendly. 

At the turn of 2015, standards started to fall, I regularly witnessed 30s miss the layover at North Seaton (where I regularly got on and off the bus, for collecting parcels), and usually left North Seaton Colliery up to five minutes early. Drivers would ignore requests to stop and verbal stop requests were common. Buses were held together with duct tape, driving at high speeds along narrow country lanes with doors open and the emergency window on the roof being open. Buses were usually substituted with taxi-like minibuses and coaches.

In the final weeks of the 30, buses that ran the route stank heavily of bleach, and I was often told not to board the service at the designated bus stop/layover at North Seaton due to "insurance". 

I've often got on a 333 running over 10 minutes late too. Causing me to miss the ferry, and did the driver wait at North Shields Ferry for the ferry to return so he can leave on time? Nope.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Tom - 29 Jul 2016

(29 Jul 2016, 8:55 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Unfortunately Pheonix was originally just a taxi company, And so Taxi Attitudes come into the bus industry, Which doesn't work.

I have also seen the driver with Headphones in, And most look like they want to jump off cliffs. One of their Solo's is held together with Ducktape.

Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

Some of the drivers with Phoenix are canny (especially the one who used to regularly do the 333) but the ones over the past few days have been miserable as anything. 

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill from a year ago.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - biglugs@yahoo.com - 29 Jul 2016

(29 Jul 2016, 9:39 pm)Tom wrote Yeah I think GCT are actually decent though a lot of people complain about them but I've never had problems with them before.

Some of the drivers with Phoenix are canny (especially the one who used to regularly do the 333) but the ones over the past few days have been miserable as anything. 

As you and Tommy say the buses are in a right state too and I agree with Tommy the company has gone downhill fromx a year ago.

On the subject of headphones im Suprised they arent playing pokemon go with the free wifi provided Big Grin

RE: Phoenix Coaches - tyresmoke - 30 Jul 2016

All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Andreos1 - 30 Jul 2016

(30 Jul 2016, 2:00 pm)tyresmoke wrote All of these issues seem to be what I would expect to see with a smaller operator taking on a large amount of work in one go.

To be honest, it isn't far off what happened post-86, with the 'big boys'.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Adrian - 31 Jul 2016

Could I remind posters that reports of faults with vehicles should go directly to the operator? Please give them the opportunity to rectify any faults you spot, as I'm sure they'd like to hear from you. Please see this thread for more details: http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1840

Phoenix contact details can be found here - http://northeastbuses.co.uk/fleet/operators/index.php?operator=92

RE: Phoenix Coaches - GuyParkRoyal - 01 Aug 2016

There should be no need to report destination displays as Phoenix are already on the case. I have seen several of their vehicles today and the route numbers are now on the kerb side of the vehicle with the sizing and format of the lettering showing much improvement as well. The only exception to the rule was the Orion on the W2 which still has the old format but I'm sure they will have that as work in progress.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - dannygee - 05 Aug 2016

Been on the enviro today on the W1 today
Few things i noticed.
Still advertising tates on stickers on the cab
Very rattley
They have a notice up saying day and weekly tickets bought off any other company arent valid and you have buy a ticket or have conc pass. So what about network .1 passes or day rovers
W1 now goes a different way out of whitley bay. No one been advised on this.
Most phoenix buses have mobitec screens but this has hanover

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Adrian - 06 Aug 2016

(05 Aug 2016, 12:47 pm)dannygee wrote Been on the enviro today on the W1 today
Few things i noticed.
Still advertising tates on stickers on the cab
Very rattley
They have a notice up saying day and weekly tickets bought off any other company arent valid and you have buy a ticket or have conc pass. So what about network .1 passes or day rovers
W1 now goes a different way out of whitley bay. No one been advised on this.
Most phoenix buses have mobitec screens but this has hanover

Ask Nexus? Network One tickets are valid on Gateshead Central Taxi services, so I'm not sure why they wouldn't be on Phoenix. I can understand them not accepting other operators tickets, as they're not getting money to do so.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Brian13 - 12 Aug 2016

Can somebody tell me the main stopping points on the 30 please. Thankyou

RE: Phoenix Coaches - biglugs@yahoo.com - 12 Aug 2016

(12 Aug 2016, 5:43 pm)Brian13 wrote Can somebody tell me the main stopping points on the 30 please. Thankyou

Sorry to disappoint but theres no longer a 30 its now the 434 operated by Go north east.

(12 Aug 2016, 5:43 pm)Brian13 wrote Can somebody tell me the main stopping points on the 30 please. Thankyou

Or a timetable if possible. Thankyou

(12 Aug 2016, 5:44 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Sorry to disappoint but theres no longer a 30 its now the 434 operated by Go north east.

Thankyou. How often is it?

RE: Phoenix Coaches - NK53 TKT - 12 Aug 2016

I had my first journey on one of the new bluebirds on the K2, very impressed and much better than GCTs

RE: Phoenix Coaches - biglugs@yahoo.com - 12 Aug 2016

(12 Aug 2016, 5:45 pm)Brian13 wrote Or a timetable if possible. Thankyou

Thankyou. How often is it?

Not sure on frequency but i no its a pvr of 1.
Timetable be on GNE Website

(12 Aug 2016, 7:45 pm)biglugs@yahoo.com wrote Not sure on frequency but i no its a pvr of 1.
Timetable be on GNE Website

Cheers I'll have a look

RE: Phoenix Coaches - jaimzm - 14 Aug 2016

Do they have 2 E200 or just the 1

RE: Phoenix Coaches - South Tyne Lad - 14 Aug 2016

(14 Aug 2016, 8:17 am)jaimzm wrote Do they have 2 E200 or just the 1

Two I believe

RE: Phoenix Coaches - jaimzm - 14 Aug 2016

(14 Aug 2016, 9:42 am)South Tyne Lad wrote Two I believe

thank you i wasn't to sure

RE: Phoenix Coaches - dannygee - 14 Aug 2016

1 if you go onto fleet lists on this site go to p click on phoenix its all on there

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Ambassador - 15 Aug 2016

The Phoenix ex London dart just passed through benton Road on the back of an alpha recovery truck

RE: Phoenix Coaches - citaro5284 - 15 Aug 2016

(15 Aug 2016, 4:58 pm)Ambassador wrote The Phoenix ex London dart just passed through benton Road on the back of an alpha recovery truck

When I came home from work around 3.45, it was stuck opposite Bells Trucks

RE: Phoenix Coaches - dannygee - 15 Aug 2016

There was a double decker on the 333 today

RE: Phoenix Coaches - biglugs@yahoo.com - 20 Aug 2016

Kv02urx was on the 84 today

RE: Phoenix Coaches - GuyParkRoyal - 29 Aug 2016

As stated by South Tyne Lad there are two Enviro 200's with Phoenix Coaches they are YX11 HNV & YX61 BXH. Both are former Tates Travel buses.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/29205043682/in/album-72157668936699984/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gpr_bus_photos/27925679473/in/album-72157668936699984/

RE: Phoenix Coaches - dannygee - 29 Aug 2016

What have phoenix been doing this weekend, seen a few buses driving round blyth area with private hire on but carrying no passengers

RE: Phoenix Coaches - Designline - 30 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 10:39 pm)dannygee wrote What have phoenix been doing this weekend, seen a few buses driving round blyth area with private hire on but carrying no passengers

there was decker with private hire near morpeth. when it got to the bus station the driver put a sign in the window say 2 to blyth all arriva tickets welcome

RE: Phoenix Coaches - passenger_10 - 30 Aug 2016

(29 Aug 2016, 10:39 pm)dannygee wrote What have phoenix been doing this weekend, seen a few buses driving round blyth area with private hire on but carrying no passengers

Possibly helping out Arriva on the Tall Ships Park and Ride North? I was in Blyth on Monday and saw several Garnetts and Jim Hughes deckers, so its a possibility Arriva had subbed some work out to Pheonix too.

Go North East appeared to only be using their own buses for the South Park and Ride.

RE: Phoenix Coaches - citaro5284 - 30 Aug 2016

(30 Aug 2016, 6:24 pm)passenger_10 wrote Possibly helping out Arriva on the Tall Ships Park and Ride North? I was in Blyth on Monday and saw several Garnetts and Jim Hughes deckers, so its a possibility Arriva had subbed some work out to Pheonix too.

Go North East appeared to only be using their own buses for the South Park and Ride.

Phoenix had the contract to move Council staff I believe.