North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - July 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1257)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 13 Jul 2014

(13 Jul 2014, 8:22 pm)aureolin wrote Looks good.

I noticed the 56 now has an orange number now.. although this is a slightly different shade to the rest of the screen? I thought the white number stood out a lot more.

Will be going back to white pretty soon....software/firmware issue

RE: Go North East - Latest - speedwheels22 - 13 Jul 2014

Gne have a 9 from northshields to sunderland will it work if they had a bus from whitley bay to south shields

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Jul 2014

(24 Jun 2014, 5:48 pm)Dan wrote As for the Laser in general, although it was strongly suggested six months ago and pretty much has been ever since, something makes me think that GNE are holding off on investment for the Laser for now... The fact that the Volvo B5TL isn't in-line to be trialled on the Laser services at Deptford certainly reiterates this too.

Last repainted in September 2009, former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4968 is currently in the paintshop receiving a fresh coat of gold paint.

Much like the "Fast Cats" branded Scania L94s which have just undergone repaint, the vehicles will re-gain "Laser" branding after all are repainted.

I think this serves as confirmation that the "Laser" will not receive investment this year.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 14 Jul 2014

(14 Jul 2014, 11:46 am)Dan wrote Last repainted in September 2009, former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4968 is currently in the paintshop receiving a fresh coat of gold paint.

Much like the "Fast Cats" branded Scania L94s which have just undergone repaint, the vehicles will re-gain "Laser" branding after all are repainted.

I think this serves as confirmation that the "Laser" will not receive investment this year.

Ah oh well!

least we can take the laser off the list now.. unless it goes a different colour?

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Jul 2014

(14 Jul 2014, 11:50 am)Michael wrote Ah oh well!

least we can take the laser off the list now.. unless it goes a different colour?
Definitely going gold.

(14 Jul 2014, 11:51 am)Dan wrote Definitely going gold.

Shame, do you know if Go ahead accepted the order from GNE this year?

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 14 Jul 2014

(14 Jul 2014, 11:46 am)Dan wrote Last repainted in September 2009, former "Laser" branded Scania L94UB/Wright Solar 4968 is currently in the paintshop receiving a fresh coat of gold paint.

(14 Jul 2014, 11:54 am)Michael wrote Shame, do you know if Go ahead accepted the order from GNE this year?
I don't think final orders have been submitted/approved just yet.

RE: Go North East - Latest - V514DFT - 14 Jul 2014

Never got why the 53/54 Saltwell Park loop hasnt got coloured numbers,when im pretty sure they can get green

8324 has had interior branding removed from the offside regarding service 36. Only the branding relevant to all services (I.e. no smoking) remains.

All branding remains on the nearside.

(14 Jul 2014, 12:43 pm)V514DFT wrote Never got why the 53/54 Saltwell Park loop hasnt got coloured numbers,when im pretty sure they can get green
Minus the Volvo B9TLs, none of last year's orders included coloured destination displays. Full rear destination displays were favoured.

The only reason why the Volvo B9TLs do is because they made a mistake when manufacturing the vehicles and built them to the same specification as previous Volvo B9TLs. As such, the full rear destination displays had to be retro-fitted and these vehicles retained their coloured destination displays.

(14 Jul 2014, 12:45 pm)Dan wrote 8324 has had interior branding removed from the offside regarding service 36. Only the branding relevant to all services (I.e. no smoking) remains.

All branding remains on the nearside.

About time.. only took them months...

(14 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm)Michael wrote About time.. only took them months...
Hah! And even then they don't do it properly! Tongue

Looks like they're starting paint prep for 4910 too, but they did this last time it was due in for repaint as well...

(14 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm)Dan wrote Looks like they're starting paint prep for 4910 too, but they did this last time it was due in for repaint as well...

Soccerbus isn't needed so it might as well go.

Hopefully the last time we see that pointless brand!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Diamond One - 14 Jul 2014

(14 Jul 2014, 1:17 pm)Dan wrote Looks like they're starting paint prep for 4910 too, but they did this last time it was due in for repaint as well...

Thank god it was a pointless livery and I did not like it at all

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 14 Jul 2014

About time these had a Refresh as they look rather tatty with there Several shades of Gold, Did these not get Repainted in 2012 when the Laser was Rebranded to it's current form.

Speaking of Repaints, The Crusader Citaros could do with a Repaint as they are in a Right State.

(14 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote About time these had a Refresh as they look rather tatty with there Several shades of Gold, Did these not get Repainted in 2012 when the Laser was Rebranded to it's current form.

Speaking of Repaints, The Crusader Citaros could do with a Repaint as they are in a Right State.

Think these might be next on the list, i'm not sure of the list of buses which require a re-paint this year?

Anyone shred a light on it?

(14 Jul 2014, 4:23 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote About time these had a Refresh as they look rather tatty with there Several shades of Gold, Did these not get Repainted in 2012 when the Laser was Rebranded to it's current form.

If they had, they wouldn't be getting repainted now! Wink

No, it was just the Mercs that were repainted at the back end of 2011 for the re-branding of the "Laser", and these were repainted (to my memory) at Thorntons for warranty work.

(14 Jul 2014, 4:25 pm)Michael wrote Think these might be next on the list, i'm not sure of the list of buses which require a re-paint this year?

Anyone shred a light on it?

5312 NK08 MYA - Photo By Daniel Graham
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/14550110184/

Just look at the front of that, 5312 isn't the only one, there is one where one of the Rear Panels is a Charcoal Grey Colour along with a few others which could do with a Repaint.

(14 Jul 2014, 4:42 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 5312 NK08 MYA - Photo By Daniel Graham
https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielgrahamm/14550110184/

Just look at the front of that, 5312 isn't the only one, there is one where one of the Rear Panels is a Charcoal Grey Colour along with a few others which could do with a Repaint.

they haven't being repainted since they arrived in August 2008 (according to the fleet list on here)

So they are up for repaint, i think these will be next after the laser scania's... it might give us a clue if the 27 is getting new buses

Also some of the silver arrows will be up for repaint, as they haven't had a repaint since 2008? (when they arrived)

(14 Jul 2014, 4:45 pm)Michael wrote they haven't being repainted since they arrived in August 2008 (according to the fleet list on here)

So they are up for repaint, i think these will be next after the laser scania's... it might give us a clue if the 27 is getting new buses

Pretty sure they had a Warranty Repaint in 2012 through Mercedes before the 10 Received B9TL's as I got a Few Photos of them in Plain Silver on the 10's/27/49A and 58, before they were eventually Branded Crusader.

I'm not sure they did get a re-paint, i think they just branded them as the silver they were already in, not 100% though

Unfortunately, due to a breakdown, service ‪#‎X7‬ from Middlesbrough at 1720 didn't operate. The replacement vehicle will begin operating from Peterlee Bus Station at 1810. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

(14 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm)Michael wrote I'm not sure they did get a re-paint, i think they just branded them as the silver they were already in, not 100% though

Unfortunately, due to a breakdown, service ‪#‎X7‬ from Middlesbrough at 1720 didn't operate. The replacement vehicle will begin operating from Peterlee Bus Station at 1810. We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

I believe you're right with that one, Michael. I believe, in terms of passenger numbers, the "Crusader" is one of Go North East's top performers. It is for this reason that the Mercs were not repainted, and given an in-house livery design, as it was expected that the Mercs wouldn't last long on there.

Don't think I missed any repaints off when I was doing the fleet lists (at least not ones from the past five years or so), other than the "Route 19" branded Scania L94s (now "Fast Cats") which I do have the details of, so will get round to updating them as soon as I can.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Jul 2014

(14 Jul 2014, 4:57 pm)Michael wrote I'm not sure they did get a re-paint, i think they just branded them as the silver they were already in, not 100% though

Second or third time in a week.
Wonder if it is the same vehicle or different ones?

(14 Jul 2014, 5:03 pm)Dan wrote I believe you're right with that one, Michael. I believe, in terms of passenger numbers, the "Crusader" is one of Go North East's top performers. It is for this reason that the Mercs were not repainted, and given an in-house livery design, as it was expected that the Mercs wouldn't last long on there.

Don't think I missed any repaints off when I was doing the fleet lists (at least not ones from the past five years or so), other than the "Route 19" branded Scania L94s (now "Fast Cats") which I do have the details of, so will get round to updating them as soon as I can.

I'm gonna have a proper look later at the fleet lists to see which ones are due a repaint, unless u know Dan?

[Image: 14630787376_0d6a5eef8d.jpg]Go North East: 4968 / NK53UNU by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

Also, freshly repainted 7087 is still yet to receive branding:
[Image: 14467133109_2bedfcddc8.jpg]Go North East: 7087 / NA52RMZ by danielgrahamm, on Flickr

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 14 Jul 2014

I can completely understand the logistical of sending a replacement bus all the way down Middlesborough, when the next service will be due in by the time a replacement gets there, but it's completely unacceptable when the last full journey of the day isn't replaced. Anyone stuck between Middlesborough and Peterlee have an hour wait until the next service, and even then, it's only going to get them as far as Peterlee. Those wanting to travel on to Sunderland have been abandoned.

By the time the said passengers would arrive into Peterlee on the 1820 X7 from Boro (1910), the 202 would have left a minute earlier, leaving an hour wait for the next one. That will only get them as far as Dalton Park - Sunderland Interchange is out of the question. The next X35 only goes as far as Easington, and the (last) one after that only as far as Houghton. The only option for a GNE ticket holder would be to get the 2027 X35 from Peterlee to Houghton, and then the 2104 20 from Houghton to Sunderland. Arriving at 2130. Only 4 hours and 10 minutes to get from A to B...

Anyone found any easier ways taking into account ticket restrictions?

Right because iv'e being bored...here is a list of all the buses which are due a repaint this year................ Please let me know if iv'e missed any or ones which shouldn't be on.

So going by the fleet lists on here, these are the buses coming up to 5 years without a repaint…(some had no date so just guessing)

555-560
3873-3879
4970-72 (which will get done after 4968)
4978-4982
5144-5150
5275-5283
5310-5319
5320-5324

Not sure to include the national express coaches but here they are: 7092-7102

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coppercap40 - 14 Jul 2014

I notice that the wrap around panels at the front are a different shade to the rest of the bus, I have noticed the same difference on some Laser Citaro's and on at least one of X66 Citaro's, is the reason something to do with rusting around the headlight clusters and the panel needing replacing ?