North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 (/showthread.php?tid=1727)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - northern156 - 20 Mar 2016

[Image: 25936023025_f0a7ab402e.jpg]Arriva North East 7424 LJ55BPZ by Sean Harris, on Flickr

7424 was on the 900s last night. From what I imagine, seeing how cold the bus was when I boarded it was the first run of it. Also it was taken out of service at Tynemouth, as seen above.
Very nicely furnished inside.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Andreos1 - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 4:48 pm)Tom wrote Good to see Tyne and Wear and County Durham fares frozen!

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/Latest/Northumberland-and-TyneandWear-Fares-2016/
https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/Latest/county-durham-fares-201611/

Is that a new deal with Glen Valley/Perrymans?
Not a bad little deal and an excellent alternative to the Explorer, even if just travelling over two days.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Tom - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 5:58 pm)Andreos1 wrote Is that a new deal with Glen Valley/Perrymans?
Not a bad little deal and an excellent alternative to the Explorer, even if just travelling over two days.

They currently have a 1 day ticket for £6.50 I think it is, but I think it only covers Arriva and Travelsure so I think it is a new deal. Very good value if so. The 3 day one is new though

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - DanPicken - 20 Mar 2016

Bishop Auckland Saver Ticket

This ticket is no longer valid in Durham. We have however reduced the cost of the Week Ticket from £16.90 to £14.00. We have also
introduced the following tickets:

• 4 Week Ticket - £00
• Annual Ticket - £00

- See more at: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/Latest/county-durham-fares-201611/#sthash.EMN54bra.dpuf

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Adrian - 20 Mar 2016

Whilst of course any fare freezes are welcome, I still think that Arriva over-complicate matters with their ticketing. Does there really need to be so many day/week/month tickets covering County Durham?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Andreos1 - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 6:10 pm)Tom wrote They currently have a 1 day ticket for £6.50 I think it is, but I think it only covers Arriva and Travelsure so I think it is a new deal. Very good value if so. The 3 day one is new though

May have to invest in three day one at some point.
Shame it is only valid over the weekend.

(20 Mar 2016, 6:22 pm)Adrian wrote Whilst of course any fare freezes are welcome, I still think that Arriva over-complicate matters with their ticketing. Does there really need to be so many day/week/month tickets covering County Durham?

I think the number of tickets is one of the reasons drivers are so unsure as to what they can and cannot accept.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Adrian - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 6:45 pm)Andreos1 wrote May have to invest in three day one at some point.
Shame it is only valid over the weekend.

I think the number of tickets is one of the reasons drivers are so unsure as to what they can and cannot accept.

So in County Durham alone, you have:-
  • Durham City
  • Brandon + Durham City
  • Durham District
  • Durham County
  • 6x combinations of the East Durham Triple Ticket
Madness. As you say, it's no wonder drivers get confused, especially if they cover services in multiple areas - X21 and X12 for example.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - tyresmoke - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 6:51 pm)Adrian wrote So in County Durham alone, you have:-
  • Durham City
  • Brandon + Durham City
  • Durham District
  • Durham County
  • 6x combinations of the East Durham Triple Ticket
Madness. As you say, it's no wonder drivers get confused, especially if they cover services in multiple areas - X21 and X12 for example.

Let's not forget the 2 Durham Uni tickets and also the all-NE day/week.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 6:18 pm)DanPicken wrote Bishop Auckland Saver Ticket

This ticket is no longer valid in Durham. We have however reduced the cost of the Week Ticket from £16.90 to £14.00. We have also
introduced the following tickets:

• 4 Week Ticket - £00
• Annual Ticket - £00

- See more at: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/north-east/Latest/Latest/county-durham-fares-201611/#sthash.EMN54bra.dpuf

Cheap at half the price.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 20 Mar 2016

(20 Mar 2016, 7:19 pm)tyresmoke wrote Let's not forget the 2 Durham Uni tickets and also the all-NE day/week.

And the bishop auckland one, the various darlo tickets, some of which run into County Durham (nearly made a rather unfortunate typo there Blush ) Blush and the good old explorer. And sometimes, people want just good old fashioned singles and returns.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - jaimzm - 21 Mar 2016

Am sorry for asking what gone to Ashington nd exchange to Durham

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 21 Mar 2016

(21 Mar 2016, 3:48 pm)jaimzm wrote Am sorry for asking what gone to Ashington nd exchange to Durham

http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1727&pid=157024#pid157024

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - jaimzm - 21 Mar 2016

(21 Mar 2016, 7:44 pm)BusLoverMum wrote http://northeastbuses.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?tid=1727&pid=157024#pid157024

Thanks

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 21 Mar 2016

(21 Mar 2016, 8:56 pm)jaimzm wrote Thanks

I thin the swaps were made fairly early, last week, too, as I saw one of the MPDs outside the hospital, on Tuesday afternoon, but didn't catch which one and I wasn't 100% sure that it was unusual until I checked with big'un when I saw the one on Saturday.

I might grab the 62, tomorrow, as I'm wanting to visit the Arnison centre (and it's much quicker than the 64, which spends an age travelling around the most boring identikit housing estate in the county!)

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - jaimzm - 22 Mar 2016

(21 Mar 2016, 9:10 pm)BusLoverMum wrote I thin the swaps were made fairly early, last week, too, as I saw one of the MPDs outside the hospital, on Tuesday afternoon, but didn't catch which one and I wasn't 100% sure that it was unusual until I checked with big'un when I saw the one on Saturday.

I might grab the 62, tomorrow, as I'm wanting to visit the Arnison centre (and it's much quicker than the 64, which spends an age travelling around the most boring identikit housing estate in the county!)

62 is faster service then 64 by far i use to get 64 everday never liked been on it

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - jaimzm - 22 Mar 2016

dose anyone know what at jesmond for the metro

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 22 Mar 2016

(22 Mar 2016, 7:09 am)jaimzm wrote 62 is faster service then 64 by far i use to get 64 everday never liked been on it

Comfier seats than the e200s on the 64! Very tired inside, though. That horrible green plastic that looks just plain faded.

Haven't managed a photo for big'un yet, as it parked up too close to another bus.

Edit: got me photo. Not much space at the Arnison Centre stop, mind!

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 22 Mar 2016

Ex London VLA LJ55BTO has entered service in MAX livery but still contains its Urburn 90s from London. Must've been rushed half way though refurb at Thorntons into service.
Photo of it on Emjdt42s Flickr

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - BusLoverMum - 22 Mar 2016

I've come to the conclusion that the 43 is the main cause of the problems at its end of Durham bus station. Just had one occupying stand h for almost 10 minutes. It has such a long layover and there's nowhere for it to wait. There's one waiting, often empty, for at least half the time.

(22 Mar 2016, 11:16 am)BusLoverMum wrote Comfier seats than the e200s on the 64! Very tired inside, though. That horrible green plastic that looks just plain faded.

Haven't managed a photo for big'un yet, as it parked up too close to another bus.

Edit: got me photo. Not much space at the Arnison Centre stop, mind!

Good photo

(22 Mar 2016, 2:42 pm)jaimzm wrote Good photo

I'm surprised how well it turned out, considering I just used a pretty mediocre camera phone. (2nd gen MotoG - the phone is one of the features that makes it cheap!)

Can anyone remember what typically ran on the 63/64 about 5 years ago. I had weekly hospital appointments, back then and remember whatever they were being pretty vile, cold damp and breaking down a lot. Were definitely pre-2001 single deck vehicles, but that's all I can remember.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Jimmi - 22 Mar 2016

(22 Mar 2016, 2:47 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Can anyone remember what typically ran on the 63/64 about 5 years ago. I had weekly hospital appointments, back then and remember whatever they were being pretty vile, cold damp and breaking down a lot. Were definitely pre-2001 single deck vehicles, but that's all I can remember.

Problem was 5 years ago the 63/64 were ran by pretty much everything and anything that was at Durham depot at the time.

(22 Mar 2016, 2:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Problem was 5 years ago the 63/64 were ran by pretty much everything and anything that was at Durham depot at the time.

Aye - and looking at an old fleet list, there was an awful lot of very old stock.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - South Tyne Lad - 22 Mar 2016

(22 Mar 2016, 2:49 pm)Jimmi wrote Problem was 5 years ago the 63/64 were ran by pretty much everything and anything that was at Durham depot at the time.

Its surprising how much Arriva have changed the past few years. It feels only like yesterday for example when them X Reg Darts used to be allocated to the 7 and every other service having clapped out very old vehicles.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Jimmi - 22 Mar 2016

(22 Mar 2016, 2:57 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Its surprising how much Arriva have changed the past few years. It feels only like yesterday for example when them X Reg Darts used to be allocated to the 7 and every other service having clapped out very old vehicles.

*shudders* Don't remind me of them!

This time 5 years ago the 7 used all sorts, so you never knew exactly what sort of bus was going to turn, it was great from an enthusiast's point of view but pretty poor from a normal passengers point of view, especially when I was waiting for buses to/from college which never turned up!

It's amazing how far the 7 has come since then, from clapped out old bangers to Sapphire. Hopefully more improvements are to come...

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News and Discussion - March 2016 - Peppermint Pete - 22 Mar 2016

(22 Mar 2016, 2:57 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Its surprising how much Arriva have changed the past few years. It feels only like yesterday for example when them X Reg Darts used to be allocated to the 7 and every other service having clapped out very old vehicles.

Just shows pirates are the fountain of all knowledge South Tyneside Lad (AKA Jack Richard Sparrow) Pirate of South Tyneside Big Grin

(22 Mar 2016, 3:02 pm)Peppermint Pete wrote Just shows pirates are the fountain of all knowledge South Tyneside Lad (AKA Jack Richard Sparrow) Pirate of South Tyneside Big Grin

I'm sorry to spoil it, But I don't get what you mean? By the way my names not Jack Richard Sparrow. Sorry for my bad sense of humor.

(22 Mar 2016, 3:02 pm)Jimmi wrote *shudders* Don't remind me of them!

This time 5 years ago the 7 used all sorts, so you never knew exactly what sort of bus was going to turn, it was great from an enthusiast's point of view but pretty poor from a normal passengers point of view, especially when I was waiting for buses to/from college which never turned up!

It's amazing how far the 7 has come since then, from clapped out old bangers to Sapphire. Hopefully more improvements are to come...

Yep, I have to admit ( Even though I hate DB so much ) That since the takeover of Arriva by DB in 2010, everything has been improving since then.
The amount of investment in new vehicles and Sapphire and MAX are just what passengers want.
Shame there's no Arriva routes in South Tyneside, Though Shields town services would've been allocated Solos probably!

Only downside ( Enthusiast point of view ) is the implementation of Econospeed, It does improve the fuel consumption of the vehicle but its just not the same!

(22 Mar 2016, 3:12 pm)South Tyne Lad wrote Yep, I have to admit ( Even though I hate DB so much ) That since the takeover of Arriva by DB in 2010, everything has been improving since then.
The amount of investment in new vehicles and Sapphire and MAX are just what passengers want.
Shame there's no Arriva routes in South Tyneside, Though Shields town services would've been allocated Solos probably!

Only downside ( Enthusiast point of view ) is the implementation of Econospeed, It does improve the fuel consumption of the vehicle but its just not the same!

Have to agree on EconoSpeed, had 1426 on the X66 the other Sunday and it felt pretty steady whereas that would have absolutely flown down the A66 in the past.