North East Buses
Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action (/showthread.php?tid=4392)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Dan - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 5:29 pm)Andreos1 wrote Wonder what the uplift, time off in lieu or overtime rate is, for those staff getting behind the wheel?

Presumably the majority of those groups of staff mentioned in my last post are salaried?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Unber43 - 04 Oct 2023

They're not easy to find the videos!

Seen people slowly walking infront of an X10

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 5:53 pm)Dan wrote Presumably the majority of those groups of staff mentioned in my last post are salaried?

And they're driving these vehicles out of the goodness of their hearts, without any thank yous or pats on the back? 

Wow. I admire their dedication to the cause.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Michael - 04 Oct 2023

How are dare the kids try and get to school!

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Andreos1 - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 5:49 pm)Storx wrote Honestly, can't disagree to be fair. GoNorthEast has definitely imo dealt with post Covid the worst, it seems managers who like playing with toys in 'good times' don't really know what they're doing when they actually need to manage. Transdev in Yorkshire is in an absolute dire state aswell with Hornby bolting out the backdoor. Ironic that McGills in West Lothian is a complete mess aswell. Heard Wellglade, which is similar, is in a similar mess whereas the basic no gimmicks companies like Stagecoach are generally recovering alright. Like you said, it's almost like people use a bus to well go somewhere.

Mind I wouldn't say Ryanair and Easyjet is a good example as they're not actually that cheap, unless you don't want to take anything on the plane. It's like £20 for a carry on case nowadays I believe EW. Let's not give them ideas though, be charging for a bigger seat and a table if they had their own way. No doubt some on here would throw money at it aswell. 

How to say you never took advantage of the 1p flights without saying you never took advantage of the 1p flights Wink

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - sawyer.jshawn - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 5:49 pm)Dan wrote Far worse!

Its a shame, or good depending on your allegiance, that some of the stuff the supervisors and staff still working did to those drivers striking wasnt caught on camera isnt it? You know like wheelspinning in their private cars towards the strikers, or in the case of at Percy Main actually hitting them with their car causing injury and driving away.

But im sure nobody would have expected you of all people to mention that as well

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Thomas12 - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:22 pm)sawyer.jshawn wrote Its a shame, or good depending on your allegiance, that some of the stuff the supervisors and staff still working did to those drivers striking wasnt caught on camera isnt it? You know like wheelspinning in their private cars towards the strikers, or in the case of at Percy Main actually hitting them with their car causing injury and driving away.
But im sure nobody would have expected you of all people to mention that as well

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67009940 - Striking Go North East drivers 'injured' on picket line

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Michael - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:26 pm)Thomas12 wrote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67009940 - Striking Go North East drivers 'injured' on picket line

That's what happens, when you stand in front a bus.

(04 Oct 2023, 6:26 pm)Thomas12 wrote https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-67009940 - Striking Go North East drivers 'injured' on picket line
absolutely disgraceful.

Looks like Ben has said his say too

"frayed tempers and poor behaviour" wonder why

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - sawyer.jshawn - 04 Oct 2023

Ah its good to see old Ben be quick to deny the allegations when the news contact him about it, deathly silence though when his own drivers mentioned it in response to his memo about frayed tempers.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Adrian - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:29 pm)Michael wrote That's what happens, when you stand in front a bus.
Nah, it's what happens when someone completely irresponsible is trusted with driving a bus.

Would you apply that statement to everyone else that has been hit by a bus over the years?

Sent from my SM-S916B using Tapatalk

Sadly I saw no drivers get greif I just saw a video of "Conga" music playing at Riverside and staff infront of a crawling Purple X-Lines E400MMC

In the memo, the company claimed those on picket lines were "pretending" to have been injured, suggesting some had stood in front of vehicles to "impede their progress". 

I'm sure Northumbria Police will be all over the on-board CCTV specific to these incidents.

A claim that could be substantiated or literally blown to smithereens.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Storx - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:06 pm)Andreos1 wrote How to say you never took advantage of the 1p flights without saying you never took advantage of the 1p flights Wink

Ha, they don't exist anymore nowadays do they? Was looking at flights the other day and was surprised how expensive some of their flights are nowadays, was only like £10 between them and BA. Not saying BA is the Rolls Royce nowadays mind, but I'd take them over Ryanair.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - streetdeckfan - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:36 pm)Adrian wrote Nah, it's what happens when someone completely irresponsible is trusted with driving a bus.

Would you apply that statement to everyone else that has been hit by a bus over the years?

If they intentionally stood in front of the bus, then I'd go as far as saying they deserve to get hit. In the same way those tw@s that ride around on the dirt bikes blasting through red lights deserve to get knocked off.

(04 Oct 2023, 6:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote If they intentionally stood in front of the bus, then I'd go as far as saying they deserve to get hit. In the same way those tw@s that ride around on the dirt bikes blasting through red lights deserve to get knocked off.
one is just causing a legal nuisance while trying to fight for better rights , the other is illegal and cause a pain and death

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Adrian - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 6:55 pm)streetdeckfan wrote If they intentionally stood in front of the bus, then I'd go as far as saying they deserve to get hit. In the same way those tw@s that ride around on the dirt bikes blasting through red lights deserve to get knocked off.
Not the same at all, though, is it? There's a hierarchy of road users for a reason.

if a bus nearly hit me I certainly would be calling them a name worse than scabs

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - stagecoachbusdepot - 04 Oct 2023

Assuming the BBC article is accurate it seems to be confirmed by the police that someone was indeed struck by a bus, despite GNE claiming "no evidence" of any such incidents taking place. Wonder who is telling the truth.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Busu284 - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 7:46 pm)stagecoachbusdepot wrote Assuming the BBC article is accurate it seems to be confirmed by the police that someone was indeed struck by a bus, despite GNE claiming "no evidence" of any such incidents taking place.  Wonder who is telling the truth.

If it is true someone was hit. Then obviously gne would try to cover it up. Come on like yes this will get loads of hate and reaction but I'm gonna say it

A gne worker hits a worker who's on strike and gne cover it up only for days later for it to be confirmed someone was hit. Imagine the hell that would go through gne. They would be hit way more than a ton of bricks

Them striking for it to turn out one of the workers hit a person striking. Ain't gonna look good in the Unite eyes or even the public for that matter

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - solsburian - 04 Oct 2023

(04 Oct 2023, 10:19 pm)Busu284 wrote If it is true someone was hit. Then obviously gne would try to cover it up. Come on like yes this will get loads of hate and reaction but I'm gonna say it

A gne worker hits a worker who's on strike and gne cover it up only for days later for it to be confirmed someone was hit. Imagine the hell that would go through gne. They would be hit way more than a ton of bricks

Them striking for it to turn out one of the workers hit a person striking. Ain't gonna look good in the Unite eyes or even the public for that matter

Ben Maxfield really should have provided a non-committal statement about the incident as the police are involved. He is either exercising extremely poor judgement and/or having strings pulled from above, both of which are deplorable in their own way.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Rapidsnap - 04 Oct 2023

All these stories of clashes on the picket lines reminds me of a BBC Drama called Donovan Quick that aired in 2000. I try no to spoil it, but it does mention similar elements of what has apparently happened on the Picket Lines at Go North East. Unlikely that real life would mimic this drama and have someone do what Colin Firths character did. If you have under 2 hour spare, you can have a watch, plenty of buses and trains in it too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d9c3PMT24io&ab_

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Ambassador - 04 Oct 2023

Jesus Christ the PR hits keep coming

They seriously need some grown ups in management or at least let the head office crisis PR team handle press.

Ben is either gullible by attaching h8s name to those comments or a total idiot

That internal memo alone is a masterclass in incompetence. If I’m the shiny new Go Ahead bus CEO, I’m not even letting the cleaner stay in position at Bensham. There’s clearly no trust, they all have to go

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Busu284 - 05 Oct 2023

Nice to see while gne a striking and cause accidents. Nigel is dissing out silver coins to his bee network. Is Nigel even in charge at gne. Haven't seen a gne post from him in a while

https://twitter.com/GAGNigel/status/1709849583327596723?t=geUWBnMEZxC9Vuv4H4RvpQ&s=19

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Unber43 - 05 Oct 2023

(05 Oct 2023, 8:46 am)Busu284 wrote Nice to see while gne a striking and cause accidents. Nigel is dissing out silver coins to his bee network. Is Nigel even in charge at gne. Haven't seen a gne post from him in a while

https://twitter.com/GAGNigel/status/1709849583327596723?t=geUWBnMEZxC9Vuv4H4RvpQ&s=19
Tbf it is understandable why hes been in Manchester recently

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Ambassador - 06 Oct 2023

Normal service resumes tomorrow

Short notice cancellations out yet? ?

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - MVK500R - 06 Oct 2023

(06 Oct 2023, 6:38 pm)Ambassador wrote Normal service resumes tomorrow

Short notice cancellations out yet? ?

Saturday 7th October
X45 

From Consett 14:40
From Newcastle 17:30

X30/X31

From Newcastle 15:55
From Stanley 16:41

From Consett 09:27
From Sunderland 11:15

X71

From Consett 12:42
From Newcastle 16:10

X72

From Newcastle 13:50
From Stanley 15:00

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - LVK 404L - 06 Oct 2023

Big event on in Redcar tomorrow amd GNE are the lead provider, approx 20-30 buses.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Rapidsnap - 06 Oct 2023

Don't think there is, only big event I can find on the council website is racing on at Redcar Racecourse, and that would never need 20-30 buses. Probably 5 at the most if they are providing Park and Ride and that again is unlikely as I've never known Redcar Racecourse to run race shuttles.

RE: Go North East - 2023 Pay Deal and Industrial Action - Andreos1 - 06 Oct 2023

(06 Oct 2023, 9:12 pm)Rapidsnap wrote Don't think there is, only big event I can find on the council website is racing on at Redcar Racecourse, and that would never need 20-30 buses. Probably 5 at the most if they are providing Park and Ride and that again is unlikely as I've never known Redcar Racecourse to run race shuttles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=redcar+events+this+weekend&oq=red&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUqBggDEEUYOzIGCAAQRRg7MgcIARAuGIAEMgcIAhAuGIAEMgYIAxBFGDsyBggEEEUYPDIGCAUQRRg8MgcIBhAuGIAEMhAIBxAAGIMBGLEDGMkDGIAEMgYICBBFGDwyDQgJEC4YgwEYsQMYgATSAQgxODgyajBqN6gCALACAA&client=ms-android-huawei-rev1&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I'd hope it was DJ Kris bringing the krowds in.