North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 13 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm)nk55 wrote Weardale use space at elddis in consett, they do a bit for nexus so maybe it ends at team valley before doing the 882 or vice versa.

The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

The new depot should be complete before the end of December, but the buses won't move in until the end of January.

RE: Go North East - Latest - nk55 - 13 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm)busmanT wrote The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

The new depot should be complete before the end of December, but the buses won't move in until the end of January.

I do remember redby doing a st wilfreds school run then running onto a st josephs school run which used to come in as the rest of the buses were loaded up and ready to go.

RE: Go North East - next stop & wi--fi - busmanT - 13 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 11:40 am)CatsFast101 wrote Are all the new buses having wifi and next stop announcements? The Streetlites etc.
and I can just imagine Geordie Shore doing th announcements Charlotte & Gaz on the X1! Haha

The last I heard the plan was:
"Next stop" on all buses except Salwell Park
"Wi-fi" on all buses except Saltwell Park & Venture

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 13 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 8:55 pm)busmanT wrote The last I heard the plan was:
"Next stop" on all buses except Salwell Park
"Wi-fi" on all buses except Saltwell Park & Venture

Not sure about anyone else, but the 'Next stop' announcements are soul destroying.
Even more so when they are wrong. Pulling into the Galleries on an x1, 'Gary' announced the next stop was Springwell Village.
I pity the short sighted person who got off and spent half an hour wandering around the bus station looking for the village hall and their W.I friends!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Greg in Weardale - 14 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 4:19 pm)nk55 wrote Weardale use space at elddis in consett, they do a bit for nexus so maybe it ends at team valley before doing the 882 or vice versa.

Last school year, don't know about this term, Weardale 882 was outstationed at a haulage depot in Birtley. Other Weardale vehicles on Nexus work come from their Consett depot in industrial estate at Knitsley.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 14 Oct 2013

Fancy winning £250 worth of bus travel with Connections 4 and Real Radio?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Oct 2013

The only item submitted to VOSA today is as follows:

PB0003954/577 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between West Road and Kenton Comprehensive School given service number 110/111 effective from 07-Oct-2013. To amend Route and Timetable.

RE: Go North East - Latest - busmanT - 14 Oct 2013

(13 Oct 2013, 4:53 pm)busmanT wrote The school services are all operated under Contract to Nexus who decide how the trips fit together, so they will need to look at why the 878 is late.

On the Nexus website, the "Gateshead school bus services" link shows all the scholars timetables and the 878 as departing at 1530, all the Cardinal Hume buses have different departure times.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 14 Oct 2013

Sunderland North consultation is on board buses. Picked it up of SPD 8231.
Basic proposals are:-
The 36/36A to be withdrawn replaced by X36/26.
The 26 is to be increased to every 20 minutes, terminating at Boldon Asda, however from Sunderland Interchange it will extend to Doxford International via Ryhope. 26 will also serve Town End Farm.
The X36 to operate every 30 minutes between Newcastle & Sunderland, via Carley Hill & Witherwack.
The 9 to operate every 15 minutes between Sunderland-Boldon Asda-Jarrow. Extending every 30 minutes as present to North Shields.
The 99 continues unchanged. And new peak time commenters service between Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside.

It looks as if the short 39's will be replaced by the new 26 and the X3 looks to be withdrawn, should these proposals to ahead.

So is there just one change from the last North Sunderland consultation - the 26 being extended to Doxford Park? Christ.

Regarding the short 39s - they were always going to be withdrawn when the 39 was upgraded to a 10 minute frequency.

(14 Oct 2013, 4:35 pm)Daniel wrote So is there just one change from the last North Sunderland consultation - the 26 being extended to Doxford Park? Christ.

Regarding the short 39s - they were always going to be withdrawn when the 39 was upgraded to a 10 minute frequency.

What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.
If these proposals go through I'm almost certain it'll be the 39 every 20 minutes and the 26 every 20 minutes.

But your right a lot of these changes were basically from the last one.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 14 Oct 2013

Once again more changes for North Sunderland, think castletown would be happy with a 20 min bus

Knew the 39 wouldnt last.

(14 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm)CatsFast101 wrote What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.
If these proposals go through I'm almost certain it'll be the 39 every 20 minutes and the 26 every 20 minutes.

Have it your way. 8306-09 are not heading into "SimpliCity" livery to join 8320-24 for use on service 39.
You don't believe anything I say anyway, regardless of whether it has been confirmed by our Go North East representatives or not. Dodgy

Out of curiosity, when were these plans dated to go ahead? I can't imagine them being so soon as mid-November?

RE: Go North East - Latest - BJ10VUS - 14 Oct 2013

Due to an incident on Shields Road, service 27 is diverted via Bill Quay towards South Shields. Towards Newcastle via Mill Lane, A194 and Felling By-pass to Heworth.

Also, service X21 and 50 are subject to short notice diversion, due to an incident near Washington Services

(14 Oct 2013, 4:42 pm)CatsFast101 wrote What do you mean the 10 minute frequency? If the 39 goes to every 10 minutes across route it's effectively only extending the shorts to Pennywell. However I doubt the 39 is going every 10 minutes AND the 26 every 20 minutes. That would give 9 buses per hour between Sunderland Interchange & Doxford International, up by 6 on this time last year I don't think the demand is that great.

It looks like the 39 will be only between Pennywell and the town - which probables won't happen - due to lost link's etc so by me it looks like:

9 - Current route - Jarrow Every 15 mins then to North shields - every 30 mins.

26 - Doxford Park - City Centre - Southwick - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - boldon Asda - Every 20 mins

X36 - Sunderland - Southwick - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Boldn ASDA - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle - every 30 mins

39 - Pennywell - City Centre - Every 20 mins

99 - Same route/times

33 - (random number) - Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside - peak times only.

Michael, I can assure you that the 39 would never be curtailed at the City Centre from Pennywell.

(14 Oct 2013, 5:22 pm)Daniel wrote Michael, I can assure you that the 39 would never be curtailed at the City Centre from Pennywell.

Can't see it happening either Links would be lost

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 14 Oct 2013

(14 Oct 2013, 4:32 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Sunderland North consultation is on board buses. Picked it up of SPD 8231.
Basic proposals are:-
The 36/36A to be withdrawn replaced by X36/26.
The 26 is to be increased to every 20 minutes, terminating at Boldon Asda, however from Sunderland Interchange it will extend to Doxford International via Ryhope. 26 will also serve Town End Farm.
The X36 to operate every 30 minutes between Newcastle & Sunderland, via Carley Hill & Witherwack.
The 9 to operate every 15 minutes between Sunderland-Boldon Asda-Jarrow. Extending every 30 minutes as present to North Shields.
The 99 continues unchanged. And new peak time commenters service between Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside.

It looks as if the short 39's will be replaced by the new 26 and the X3 looks to be withdrawn, should these proposals to ahead.

Has anybody got a copy of the north sunderland consulation proposals that there can scan and put on northeastbus website?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 14 Oct 2013

(14 Oct 2013, 5:31 pm)cbma06 wrote Has anybody got a copy of the north sunderland consulation proposals that there can scan and put on northeastbus website?

As soon as it appears online, I'll PDF the survey questions, as they disappear after the consultation has closed.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Oct 2013

Is it just me, but after all of the changes in Sunderland, I would have thought GNE would have cracked it by now...
Obviously not.

It doesn't take a genius to work out a settled network attracts passengers...

Daniel I'm not disputing what's been said But do you really think 9 buses an hour between Doxford Park & City Centre is going to work? You keep saying 'Plans change' so maybe they have now? Or maybe the 39 will go every 10 Mins in November and then change again whenever these proposals are due to happen. Show of hands with the Forum who thinks 9 buses an hour between Sunderand-Grangetown-Ryhope-Doxford Park is warranted? That's more frequent that the 21 between Newcastle-Chester.

(14 Oct 2013, 6:36 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Daniel I'm not disputing what's been said But do you really think 9 buses an hour between Doxford Park & City Centre is going to work? You keep saying 'Plans change' so maybe they have now? Or maybe the 39 will go every 10 Mins in November and then change again whenever these proposals are due to happen. Show of hands with the Forum who thinks 9 buses an hour between Sunderand-Grangetown-Ryhope-Doxford Park is warranted? That's more frequent that the 21 between Newcastle-Chester.

Do those 9 include the x35?

I don't think Doxford Park needs the frequency it has at the moment to be fair - nor the surrounding areas that buses go through to get to Doxford Park...

(14 Oct 2013, 6:39 pm)Andreos1 wrote Do those 9 include the x35?

I don't think Doxford Park needs the frequency it has at the moment to be fair - nor the surrounding areas that buses go through to get to Doxford Park...

Nope under proposals there'll be 3 extra buses with an extended 26. But Daniel is saying this will be in addition to 6 buses on the 39 each day which I just don't see, I'm suggesting the 26 will replace the short runs on the 39. I know we've been told about the 9 Versa's going to the 39; but the short runs are empty at present, so the current 39, the short runs and three buses on the 26's equals 9 buses an hour across the same route. I can't see it happening.

RE: Go North East - Latest - ... - 14 Oct 2013

Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

They haven't changed in this instance, as far as I'm aware - but I shall try to get it confirmed as soon as possible (though I doubt you'll believe me anyway! Wink )
I don't use the corridor enough to have a fair opinion on the Doxford Park loadings, but from what I have seen, 6 per hour from the 39 would be justifiable - 9, less so.

The proposed 26 will have a PVR of 7. If it were 4, I'd have accepted that the 39 would have a frequency of 20 minutes and that the 26 would also be adopted into the "SimpliCity" livery. Unfortunately this is not the case, and it seems more likely to me that the 26 will be allocated 7 Cadets, leaving the other 2 for the 38.

The date these consultations will be effective from is also very important - if it's next year, things can and will change with vehicles at depots. If it's this year, there's a lot less changing.

Your not the only one... it just doesn't seem to work for them haha

Still like the 26 idea - Every 20 mins will be a good frequency for Castletown, they haven't had that in a while.

(14 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

If this were the case, why would 8306-09 be going into "SimpliCity" livery? Surely you'd need three more going into the same livery?

(14 Oct 2013, 6:50 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Is the plan not meaning that the 39 will operate every 20 mins on the full route, and the 26 will replace the short 39s at present and then continue to Boldon Asda. Maintaining the 10 minute frequency between Sunderland and Doxford Park

it could mean that way, would make sense - updated the 39 from earlier post.

9 - Current route - Jarrow Every 15 mins then to North shields - every 30 mins.

26 - Doxford Park - City Centre - Southwick - Castletown - Hylton Castle - Town End Farm - boldon Asda - Every 20 mins

X36 - Sunderland - Southwick - Carley Hill - Witherwack - Boldon ASDA - Heworth - Gateshead - Newcastle - every 30 mins

39 - Current route - Every 20 mins

99 - Same route/times

33 - (random number) - Sunderland, Pallion, Hylton Riverside - peak times only.
---------
26/39 - Combine to make a 10 min frequency between City Centre and Doxford Park

it depends when this is for, has anyone confirmed what Month these are planned for?

Like Daniel said - plans could change due to new buses arriving - remember their is over 100

(14 Oct 2013, 6:51 pm)Daniel wrote They haven't changed in this instance, as far as I'm aware - but I shall try to get it confirmed as soon as possible (though I doubt you'll believe me anyway! Wink )
I don't use the corridor enough to have a fair opinion on the Doxford Park loadings, but from what I have seen, 6 per hour from the 39 would be justifiable - 9, less so.

The proposed 26 will have a PVR of 7. If it were 4, I'd have accepted that the 39 would have a frequency of 20 minutes and that the 26 would also be adopted into the "SimpliCity" livery. Unfortunately this is not the case, and it seems more likely to me that the 26 will be allocated 7 Cadets, leaving the other 2 for the 38.

The date these consultations will be effective from is also very important - if it's next year, things can and will change with vehicles at depots. If it's this year, there's a lot less changing.

Daniel here's a job try and work out which route will have what PVR on the changes proposed Wink

It certainly seems like a dog marking its territory to me.

How many buses an hour along Stockton Road are there now versus the proposals?

Does Grangetown/Ryhope/Silksworth need the stack of buses they get?

If the Doxford Park shops were the size of the Metrocentre, then the amount of buses it gets passing, may be worth it.

If workers at Doxford Intl worked on a revolving door policy, with a shift starting/finishing every few mins, then it may be worth it.
Once shifts start, the roads around Doxford Intl are like a ghost town - with the only thing standing at bus stops being empty coffee cups.

For however many years, GNE have faffed on in Sunderland, spending a fortune, but getting very little back - demonstrated by the almost constant changes to routes and services.

I give these changes 6 months before another consultation to see what passengers want.