North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - May 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

RE: Go North East - Dan - 28 May 2013

(28 May 2013, 6:40 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:27 pm)Daniel wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:21 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Well i seen NK04FPD (which last time i checked was 8259) about 6.10 coming down Bede Bank on the X35.

You are correct, according to the on board tracking, 8259 has been operating in Sunderland all day today

If that's the case, could you shed some light on which vehicle has been photographed today?

8258 went to Saltmeadows on Friday afternoon and according to the system it is still there.

Clearly my eyes playing up then... I wish I'd taken a photo of the 8258 my eyes mistakingly saw from the bus I was on at the time. Neverminddd...

RE: Go North East - Michael - 28 May 2013

maybe a cadets been repainted into green drifter base Huh Huh
[/quote]

It only needs 5 PVR, which is had atm, we will have to wait and see what happens to it, it could just be getting a new green paint job and then getting the new updated Drifter brand which is Currently used on the 60.

----------
8258 went to Saltmeadows on Friday afternoon and according to the system it is still there.

Is this on the GNE system for the depots?

If so, this is a long shot haha.... Does it say what is allocated to the X3/X36... 26... 36/36A and 99 from 2nd June, when changes happen?

RE: Go North East - Kuyoyo - 28 May 2013

(28 May 2013, 6:46 pm)Daniel wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:21 pm)dans_bus_photos wrote Well i seen NK04FPD (which last time i checked was 8259) about 6.10 coming down Bede Bank on the X35.

You are correct, according to the on board tracking, 8259 has been operating in Sunderland all day today

If that's the case, could you shed some light on which vehicle has been photographed today?

Clearly my eyes playing up then... I wish I'd taken a photo of the 8258 my eyes mistakingly saw from the bus I was on at the time. Neverminddd...

Depends what time you saw what you thought was 8258? Because, from what I can see, the X35 8259 was spotted on works off a 38 that termiantes at Tunstall Bank at 1753.

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 28 May 2013

Summary of changes to bus services in County Durham starting 23 June 2013:

Go North East 238 Sunderland to Houghton-le-Spring
Route revised to Sophia Street instead of George Street, Seaham.

Go North East 259/260 Durham to Peterlee
Service 260 route revised and retimed by one minute to include Brackendale Road and Thorndale Road in Cheveley Park Estate. 259 retimed by up to two minutes to accommodate changes to service 260

http://www.durham.gov.uk/Pages/Service.aspx?ServiceId=904

(28 May 2013, 6:50 pm)Kuyoyo wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:46 pm)Daniel wrote
(28 May 2013, 6:24 pm)citaro5284 wrote You are correct, according to the on board tracking, 8259 has been operating in Sunderland all day today

Depends what time you saw what you thought was 8258? Because, from what I can see, the X35 8259 was spotted on works off a 38 that termiantes at Tunstall Bank at 1753.

...which was the one I saw! I clearly made a mistake with my 8's and my 9's while on a moving vehicle.
Oh dear, that's bad. :L

RE: Go North East - citaro5284 - 28 May 2013

(28 May 2013, 6:47 pm)Michael wrote Is this on the GNE system for the depots?

If so, this is a long shot haha.... Does it say what is allocated to the X3/X36... 26... 36/36A and 99 from 2nd June, when changes happen?

hahaha....You wish, it is on the Mix Telematics system, and only gives us data from where the bus has been and the times it was there.

hahaha....You wish, it is on the Mix Telematics system, and only gives us data from where the bus has been and the times it was there.
[/quote]

haha, Worth a try!

RE: Go North East - gtom - 28 May 2013

Does anyone know when this 'track your bus' GPS thing is coming to GNE?

I look forward to the Facebook page when this happens.

My bus was 20 seconds early and I missed it...I have it on GPS

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 28 May 2013

Not sure, but apparently GPS is something they can obtain funding for through the BSOG.

Im sure there will be lots of fun and games when it is rolled out.

There was a Loylne on the 43/44 this evening.

RE: Go North East - Adrian - 28 May 2013

(28 May 2013, 8:17 pm)Andreos1 wrote Not sure, but apparently GPS is something they can obtain funding for through the BSOG.

Im sure there will be lots of fun and games when it is rolled out.

There was a Loylne on the 43/44 this evening.

Although GPS and live bus info at stops would be nice, I don't personally think it's something that commercial operators should be spending their money on. Especially in this deregulated world we find ourselves in. It should be down to Nexus.

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 28 May 2013

Their money or our money? Wink

RE: Go North East - gtom - 28 May 2013

They already are spending money. Its just a case of when, the gne Facebook page already confirmed it.

I'm very pro-gps. The key routes like the Angel already have the bus stop technology installed

"Festival NE" bus is reported to have broken down at some point recently. On a Facebook post on Go North East's page, the comment below was made:

Ian Ken Croft yes it was on duston back broken down

I must say that, last week when I saw her in service on "The Highwayman" service 98, she sounded rather unhealthy indeed, so it doesn't surprise me that she has actually broken down...

Source: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152855793585710&set=a.217741780709.285520.215880875709&type=1&permPage=1

RE: Go North East - Rapidsnap - 28 May 2013

(28 May 2013, 6:34 pm)Michael wrote When i was in park lane today, i seen a bus spotter this was around 12:15-12:30, he was standing next to the Exit, when i went past he had just took a pic of the Wear Tee's XPRESS. Anyone on here?

It's quite possible that this might have been my good friend Ray Parnaby. If he was a big guy wearing glasses then it would have been him. I only knew he was there as my other half bumped into him in Sunderland at Lunchtime.

Ah cheers, think it was, he takes some good pictures i have him added on flikr

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 29 May 2013

@gtomlinson

It may just be a matter of time, but ultimately taxpayer money is helping fund a commercial operators system.
That system may benefit GNE passengers on certain routes, but it isnt benefiting everyone and has the potential to increase the massive payout shareholders get every year through increased loadings.

If as aureolin pointed out, Nexus were to fund it and all operators got to use it on a wide range of routes, so that taxpayers money was being allocated to a bigger majority of the population, then fair enough.
The money allocated to GNE doesnt achieve that though.

Saying that, the gps system has the potential to backfire on some routes.
Ive got images of passengers waiting on the 21, just giving up and going home!

RE: Go North East - Dan - 29 May 2013

Passengers notably with the devices that work with this GPS system. Not everyone has an iPhone or Android device, so the percentage of people with access to the system when first released will be slim.

So the funding is going to hit a smaller proportion of passengers than I initially thought?

It really does make me laugh, that in the era of privatisation and de-regulation, bus companies and toc's still recieve massive handouts from the taxpayer. Even more so when the majority cant or wont be able to access it.
For years residents in Sunderland complained they were paying for the Metro and couldnt access it and moan about having to pay for the airport - yet the majority remain silent on paying for toc's when they only have access to Northern Rail and probably wont be able to access this GPS system rolled out onto certain GNE routes.

*climbs down off soapbox Smile
Hope everyone has a nice day!

Let's hope it actually works too - could imagine there will be a fair few bugs and glitches! Wink

I haven't heard anything about Go North East's M-Ticket app being introduced to any other platforms, so I just don't see this GPS thing being rolled out onto anything other than Apple or Android.

If anyone is still wanting a photo, "Northern" MPD 547 left Park Lane on usual 39 runs bound for Park Lane on the hour.

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 29 May 2013

Interesting going on's RE 8258 and 61, I do hope the Versa's from simplicity are going to 61, Cadets to 39 or 26/36/36A. I hope to see Deckers on X3/X36 personally.

On another matter do the 17/307 interwork at Benton Asda? As I thought they did at one time and I'm sure I heard it on here a few weeks back, but it doesn't really make sense. With the 17 now branded do they still interwork, to me it seems strange to judging on the timetable.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 9:05 am)Andreos1 wrote So the funding is going to hit a smaller proportion of passengers than I initially thought?

*climbs down off soapbox Smile
Hope everyone has a nice day!

(sorry I haven't deliberately cut out your points, just to make it a little bit more reader-friendly)

I'm happy to see GNE future proofing, the next generation of your older passengers will have grown up with a mobile and this technology. Aside to that, the technology will benefit users as a whole as it will support the current destination boards at major bus stations and the digital 'gps ready' stops that Nexus have placed along key routes (take Durham Road for example) and of course there are a few across Durham also. So it's not just for your Android/Apple phone users.

Manchester, Leeds, London all have these bus countdown GPS features and I think you know our region, especially Newcastle and Gateshead can benefit from this.

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 29 May 2013

29/05/2013

Prince Bishops 5217 on the 56
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878108653/

4912 Northern Wright Renown on the X1
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878109997/in/photostream/

6027 on the W5 for about the millionth time
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878106273/in/photostream/

542 on the 73 - after about 6 or 7 failed attempts I have managed to capture this working.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/8878110773/in/photostream/

I totally agree, if used correctly, then it can benefit passengers - however it should be regionwide thing overseen by Nexus, rather than us as taxpayers funding a specific bus organisation which makes millions of pounds and could afford to pay for it from their own pocket.

If GNE take it on board and run with it at Nexus stops on Durham Road, what happens to the Arriva service? Im guessing if they dont apply for the system, then they wont appear on the information

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 29 May 2013

Wear Tees Xpress X7 service promotion on GNE Facebook Page

Tomorrow (Thursday 30th May) we'll be at Castle Dene Shopping Centre in Peterlee outside Market Cross Jewellers between 10am and 3pm.

Pop along and see us! We'll be providing information about our East Durham services and the X7, plus you'll have the chance to win some free travel with the new superb X7 scratchcard!

Someone explain to me why GNE didn't do this with the X7 when it was first introduced, The Scratchcard Idea is pretty cool I think.

And also I've picked up the updated Washington Street Shuttle W5/W6 Timetable in the new format and it has a Street Shuttle MPD on the front, so it's looks like the W5/W6 will be keeping the MPD's judging by the front of the Timetable. Haven't seen the Updated M2/M3 Timetables, probs won't be updated until the Versas are on the Service.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 1:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote I totally agree, if used correctly, then it can benefit passengers - however it should be regionwide thing overseen by Nexus, rather than us as taxpayers funding a specific bus organisation which makes millions of pounds and could afford to pay for it from their own pocket.

If GNE take it on board and run with it at Nexus stops on Durham Road, what happens to the Arriva service? Im guessing if they dont apply for the system, then they wont appear on the information

I'd imagine they'll appear as they do at the normal, just to timetable information

Gold standard treatment for commuters on the X9/X10 today - 3833 has the pleasure of stretching her legs.
Has been out of service all day, but is on the X9 heading towards Middlesbrough now.

So surely that makes it more viable for a Nexus backed scheme, rather than this attempt.

Re timetables - the 56 timetable I saw today on a 21 had a Scania with current branding, but we have been told these are being replaced.
To be honest, how often a services ammended?
These timetables are likely to be out of date before any replacement vehicles are out of the factory gates anyway

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 29 May 2013

Free wifi on 3833?!
On another note, does any know what's on the 61 today? (I'm not feeling too well so haven't been out the house)

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 29 May 2013

(29 May 2013, 10:41 am)CatsFast101 wrote Interesting going on's RE 8258 and 61, I do hope the Versa's from simplicity are going to 61, Cadets to 39 or 26/36/36A. I hope to see Deckers on X3/X36 personally.

On another matter do the 17/307 interwork at Benton Asda? As I thought they did at one time and I'm sure I heard it on here a few weeks back, but it doesn't really make sense. With the 17 now branded do they still interwork, to me it seems strange to judging on the timetable.

It's school half term, so I don't think they will interwork this week. They still do usually, I think?