North East Buses
LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Other Forms of Transport (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Forum: Railways (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: LNER (Formerly Virgin Trains East Coast & East Coast) (/showthread.php?tid=230)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 08 Mar 2015

If anyone is interested im putting a load of East Coast memorabilia on Ebay

East Coast 'I love trains' t-shirt

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=271799318016

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

Ironic a company who bases their business on sampling techniques, finds fault with a toc who axed the rewards scheme, based on a small sample.

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/news/articles/passenger-watchdog-urges-new-east-coast-operator-not-to-slash-benefits

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 11:30 am)Andreos1 wrote Ironic a company who bases their business on sampling techniques, finds fault with a toc who axed the rewards scheme, based on a small sample.

http://www.passengerfocus.org.uk/news/articles/passenger-watchdog-urges-new-east-coast-operator-not-to-slash-benefits
Ah come on man. How dare you question sampling techniques! Wink

Backs up the point I was making back then though. Anyone can apply a sampling technique to get the end result they desire. I can't for the life of me believe that anyone would have opted for the new scheme over the old, unless it wasn't explained properly to them...

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 09 Mar 2015

(09 Mar 2015, 2:53 pm)aureolin wrote Ah come on man. How dare you question sampling techniques! Wink

Backs up the point I was making back then though. Anyone can apply a sampling technique to get the end result they desire. I can't for the life of me believe that anyone would have opted for the new scheme over the old, unless it wasn't explained properly to them...

Ah come on man. How dare you suggest questions can be loaded! Wink

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 10 Mar 2015

First is now lookin lg at Open Access on ECML

http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2015/03/10-firstgroup-lays-down-gauntlet-on.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 10 Mar 2015

(10 Mar 2015, 10:34 am)Andreos1 wrote First is now lookin lg at Open Access on ECML

http://www.railnews.co.uk/news/2015/03/10-firstgroup-lays-down-gauntlet-on.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Worst Least Cost. I like the sound of that...  Rolleyes

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 16 Mar 2015

Not exactly a real Class 91, but I'll certainly be buying on if I get the money...
http://www.hornby.com/uk-en/east-coast-trains-bo-bo-electric-class-91.html

East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 17 Mar 2015

I've just been talking to Dave B a customer services bloke at Newcastle, got to find out some decent stuff about the current franchise what's happening etc and how shoot NXEC were

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 23 Mar 2015

.jpg
image.jpg (Size 86.76 KB Downloads 41)

From Paul Gentlemen of the Class 91 Appreciation and Photography Facebook group

BREAKING NEWS:
91 111 is to become part of the National Collection once withdrawn from service.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 23 Mar 2015

VTEC have really p****d me off! i complained and they gave me a promotional 50% off code but it doesn't even work!!

(23 Mar 2015, 12:09 pm)leestransportphotos wrote VTEC have really p****d me off! i complained and they gave me a promotional 50% off code but it doesn't even work!!

Please say that your not doing a thing that another enthusiast does!  Tongue

Just drop them a message (private, of course), stating the code and the service etc.

@Virgin_TrainsEC

#VTECDelay Due to a trespass incident at #Durham, services through here may be delayed up to 60 mins. Further info: bit.ly/IHHIij.

All services are not passing Durham in both directions. All lines are blocked.

Incl. FTPE, NT and XC trains

Delays until approx. 1500.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 23 Mar 2015

(23 Mar 2015, 10:13 am)Tommy_1581 wrote From Paul Gentlemen of the Class 91 Appreciation and Photography Facebook group

BREAKING NEWS:
91 111 is to become part of the National Collection once withdrawn from service.

Is this genuine?

How much weight does the letter carry?
If it is, it essentially means, that the livery must continue, until withdrawal - meaning it can't be branded in corporate livery.

I would like to see 91 110 kept too.
How far do you go, should 91 101 be kept?

(23 Mar 2015, 1:36 pm)Andreos1 wrote Is this genuine?

How much weight does the letter carry?
If it is, it essentially means, that the livery must continue, until withdrawal - meaning it can't be branded in corporate livery.

I would like to see 91 110 kept too.
How far do you go, should 91 101 be kept?

Yep, it's genuine. Paul (the person who designed the livery) says that 91111 may be going to the NRM along with 91110 and 91131. Early days yet, I'll post more news when I get it. Smile

More delays.

@Virgin_TrainsEC
Due to a problem at a level crossing between Alnmouth For Alnwick and Morpeth trains may be disrupted at short notice.

This affects NT and XC services.

Now there are some helicopters.

@Virgin_TrainsEC

We have 2 helicopters following our 15.59 Newcastle-York train today as part of a @RNRMC fundraiser. Tweet us if you see them! #Traincopter

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 26 Mar 2015

91121 will be the service that terminates in Newcastle at 2029. May be an interesting one to photograph, as the loco is still in East Coast livery, but the coaches are in the new Virgin livery.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 26 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote 91121 will be the service that terminates in Newcastle at 2029. May be an interesting one to photograph, as the loco is still in East Coast livery, but the coaches are in the new Virgin livery.

RUBBISH JOKE ALERT

Didn't take long for the government to rescue it...  Big Grin

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 27 Mar 2015

(26 Mar 2015, 5:05 pm)aureolin wrote 91121 will be the service that terminates in Newcastle at 2029. May be an interesting one to photograph, as the loco is still in East Coast livery, but the coaches are in the new Virgin livery.

I was on a set yesterday (forgot to id it) and was pleased to see there was no red at all on any of it.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 27 Mar 2015

Nectar vs Rewards:- http://saveecrewards.co.uk/rewards-guide/62-the-figures-are-out-we-compare

Lets say that you need to spend £3,000 on tickets to buy a £30 ticket. Wink

#VirginFamily

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 09 Apr 2015

There is an East Midlands Trains HST (On loan to VTEC) passing Manors at 19:01 if anyone is interested... Me, Davie, Anthony and Thomas will be there.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - omnicity4659 - 09 Apr 2015

(09 Apr 2015, 5:36 pm)leestransportphotos wrote There is an East Midlands Trains HST (On loan to VTEC) passing Manors at 19:01 if anyone is interested... Me, Davie, Anthony and Thomas will be there.

Bit late for me to come, could have gave me info in an hours advance.  Tongue

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - LeeCalder - 09 Apr 2015

Haha, sorry mate. It's on a long term loan from EMT so should be plenty more chances to get it

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Adrian - 10 Apr 2015

Got a shot of the EMT set in Kings Cross earlier. I think it's been doing to leeds and back all day.

No buffet service on my train yet again, and there's no hot food for the posh lot either. Poor show Stagecoach.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Dan - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 4:05 pm)aureolin wrote Got a shot of the EMT set in Kings Cross earlier. I think it's been doing to leeds and back all day.

No buffet service on my train yet again, and there's no hot food for the posh lot either. Poor show Stagecoach.

No change from when it was operated by East Coast then! 

(10 Apr 2015, 4:08 pm)Dan wrote No change from when it was operated by East Coast then! 

It was very rare under East Coast from my own experience, but under VTEC it seems to be just about every afternoon trip, along with the odd morning trip.

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Dan - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 4:11 pm)aureolin wrote It was very rare under East Coast from my own experience, but under VTEC it seems to be just about every afternoon trip, along with the odd morning trip.

I haven't really travelled up and down the East Coast mainline much on weekdays, but Saturdays used to be absolutely dreadful. East Coast seemed to be short staffed quite regularly and I've travelled long-distance (NCL - EDB or NCL - KGX) on a number of occasions where no tickets have been checked for the duration of my journey.

Used VTEC twice NCL - KGX last week when connecting to/from the Eurostar at St. Pancras, and it was spot on in both directions. 0900ish out of NCL and 1530 out of KGX.

(10 Apr 2015, 4:14 pm)Dan wrote I haven't really travelled up and down the East Coast mainline much on weekdays, but Saturdays used to be absolutely dreadful. East Coast seemed to be short staffed quite regularly and I've travelled long-distance (NCL - EDB or NCL - KGX) on a number of occasions where no tickets have been checked for the duration of my journey.

Used VTEC twice NCL - KGX last week when connecting to/from the Eurostar at St. Pancras, and it was spot on in both directions. 0900ish out of NCL and 1530 out of KGX.
Never have any issues journey wise, and reliability is good, it's just the trolley service. Non existent if you use a train between 1600-1730 it would seem.

I have to say though, it does bother me less knowing that the other half are having to go without an evening meal. Wink

RE: East Coast / Virgin Trains East Coast - Andreos1 - 10 Apr 2015

(10 Apr 2015, 4:05 pm)aureolin wrote Got a shot of the EMT set in Kings Cross earlier. I think it's been doing to leeds and back all day.

No idea if it is coincidence, but several recent journeys since the change have been lacking a trolly.

It gets even better. No hot water since York, so hot drinks are off the menu.