North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1259)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:41 pm)Andreos1 wrote It's not those pesky wing mirrors again?

#missingpurplesolars
#wingmirrorissues
#hashtagsonNEB.

Speaking of Wing Mirrors, Keep a look out for Deptfords Citaros, There is a right Mix 'N' Match in terms of Coloured Wing Mirrors on them.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:59 pm)Andreos1 wrote It did make me chuckle when I read it at the time.

Just to clarify, there is nothing beloved about those purple Solars.
Starting to understand how gtom felt about the DAF's.
Mind, for all their faults, issues with condensation and breakdowns - they had cracking wing mirrors!

Lets be honest, if this was Arriva, it would be totally different... People wouldn't be making excuses like they do for GNE. 

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:56 pm)aureolin wrote It wasn't for a like for like comparison of the actual issues causing the VORs, but more so a statement that perhaps GNE won't want the issues to go on for as long as those with the Prince Bishops have been. Prince Bishops has no direct competition, and people are going to use it, whether it be a Solar or cattle truck that turns up. If vehicles that customers perceive to be 'clapped out old things' keep turning up on the X7, then they have the option to have a ride out on an EcoCity instead.

But what are the alleged issues on the Prince Bishops?

The main reason for buses to be absent from service is so the bus can have its monthly check. It would be irrational to suggest that, just because there is competition on the X7 route, Go North East isn't going to give the "Wear Tees Xpress" buses a monthly check...

(30 Oct 2014, 10:00 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote Speaking of Wing Mirrors, Keep a look out for Deptfords Citaros, There is a right Mix 'N' Match in terms of Coloured Wing Mirrors on them.

Something which has been noted by higher management and is being worked on. Getting the buses out on the road is the main priority.

(30 Oct 2014, 10:00 pm)Tom wrote Lets be honest, if this was Arriva, it would be totally different... People wouldn't be making excuses like they do for GNE. 

I have no information about vehicles in the Arriva fleet so cannot 'make excuses' (provide reasons) for why buses are missing.

I have more things to do with my life than to make one company sound wonderful and another an absolute shambles. I find this post rather rude and uncalled for indeed. The alternative is of course that 'people' with information stop contributing as much, if 'people' are going to make posts like this.

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not another one broken? 5334 and 5336 were both sat in Middlesbrough at 1705, I'm guessing one was a changeover for the other, thereby presuming the 1610 X7 didn't run

Are we sure about this....looking at the data 5334 operated the 1510 out of Boro, 1643 out of Sunderland, 1820 out of Boro.  5336 operated the 1720 out of Boro.  I have no data for 5335 and 5333 has been on staff shuttles all day.

The X7 seems to have had its proper allocation at run out this morning.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:01 pm)Dan wrote But what are the alleged issues on the Prince Bishops?

The main reason for buses to be absent from service is so the bus can have its monthly check. It would be irrational to suggest that, just because there is competition on the X7 route, Go North East isn't going to give the "Wear Tees Xpress" buses a monthly check...

I can't think of a day in the past three weeks that I haven't seen at least one red spare in use on the Prince Bishops. If it's frequent enough for me to notice, I'd say it's more than a vehicle being taken out of service for a monthly check, but not arguing that that will sometimes be the reason a vehicle is absent. 

RE: Go North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 30 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 10:02 pm)citaro5284 wrote Are we sure about this....looking at the data 5334 operated the 1510 out of Boro, 1643 out of Sunderland, 1820 out of Boro.  5336 operated the 1720 out of Boro.  I have no data for 5335 and 5333 has been on staff shuttles all day.

The X7 seems to have had its proper allocation at run out this morning.

Maybe I got the fleet numbers wrong? There was definitely 2 in Middlesbrough together as they were parked next to each other. One departed NIS at 1711 as I left on my X5

(30 Oct 2014, 10:07 pm)aureolin wrote I can't think of a day in the past three weeks that I haven't seen at least one red spare in use on the Prince Bishops. If it's frequent enough for me to notice, I'd say it's more than a vehicle being taken out of service for a monthly check, but not arguing that that will sometimes be the reason a vehicle is absent. 

I have previously stated that 14 in every 28 days, at least one vehicle will be missing for its monthly check (and that's assuming it only takes one day - depending on the level of work at the depot, it can be more). As there are no branded spare vehicles for the Prince Bishops, this is so easily noticed. As you have previously said, it is also easier to identify corporate liveried vehicles covering for vehicles on branded services than it is to identify corporate liveried vehicles covering for corporate liveried vehicles.

On other occasions, buses are removed from service during the day for various reasons, including due to lateness (a replacement bus may have been sent out on time instead with a corporate liveried vehicle), due to small issues such as wing mirrors being knocked, wipers not working, and for other reasons such as accidents.

Of course, on top of this, you have your bog standard VORs. Depending on what the issue is (there's a whole host of reasons which I couldn't even begin to list), the bus will be off the road for different amounts of time.

The point I am trying to make, which I have done several times in the past, is that it is not always a mechanical fault for buses being VOR. The alleged 'issues' on the Prince Bishops are nothing more than alleged. If there was any issues with the vehicles that are allocated to this service, management would have to do something about it. Go North East has very high Group standards to meet in terms of low mileage, so if there are constant breakdowns this needs to be nipped in the bud, and quite frankly, it would be.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 30 Oct 2014

Don't forget the reasons given by the GNE fb bod when one doesn't turn up nor the several breakdowns I have seen by the side of the road with their hazards on.

(30 Oct 2014, 10:18 pm)Andreos1 wrote Don't forget the reasons given by the GNE fb bod when one doesn't turn up nor the several breakdowns I have seen by the side of the road with their hazards on.

This says it all! You may have seen the bus by the side of the road with its hazard lights on, but you don't know the reason for it because you're not on these buses!

I was on one of Stagecoach Sunderland's fairly new Enviro200s the other day, and the bus had to pull into the side of the road because there was a light on the dash that the driver was unfamiliar with. The driver got out of the cab, and rang someone (presumably control) on her mobile telephone to ask what she should do. She was told to carry on the route as normal.

Fitters in orange outfits, passengers being moved on to the bus behind, bonnets being open, a bus being parked up with its hazards on an hour after driving past initially, parked on the path outside St Michaels in Houghton...

Aye, says it all... :s

(30 Oct 2014, 10:26 pm)Andreos1 wrote Fitters in orange outfits, passengers being moved on to the bus behind, bonnets being open, a bus being parked up with its hazards on an hour after driving past initially, parked on the path outside St Michaels in Houghton...

Aye, says it all... :s

Vague details turns into something more detailed... Didn't this happen with a 'black Solar' the other day? It's easy for us to give alternative suggestions when we don't know the full story!

Check back at the comments I made at the time - they were all mentioned then.
Nowt vague at all.

(30 Oct 2014, 10:30 pm)Andreos1 wrote Check back at the comments I made at the time - they were all mentioned then.
Nowt vague at all.

Only able to find one using the hashtag '#brokendownpurplesolars' - appears you haven't used that one as much as '#missingpurplesolars' so I was able to identify the post... It's a bit vague...
You may be able to find the other(s) which give a bit more detail. I honestly can't remember them, but we discuss these Solars so much I tend not to keep them in mind for long! Wink 

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 31 Oct 2014

You actually did a search for the quotes?!

Well if you "honestly can't remember them" - it doesn't really do much for the conviction you had in your "vague details turn into something more detailed" line then can it?

Anyway, moving on to more relevant things... The GNE bod was apologised for "the delay" in logging on to their social media pages today!
There has been no confirmation that it was due to a broken down or delayed bus or if their vehicle had wing mirror issues Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 31 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 8:08 pm)tyresmoke wrote Not another one broken? 5334 and 5336 were both sat in Middlesbrough at 1705, I'm guessing one was a changeover for the other, thereby presuming the 1610 X7 didn't run

Just to follow up my post earlier, the 1610 did not run, but nothing to do with breakdown, it was delayed due to Traffic congestion on route to Boro.

RE: Go North East - Latest - palatine3833 - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 9:22 am)citaro5284 wrote Just to follow up my post earlier, the 1610 did not run, but nothing to do with breakdown, it was delayed due to Traffic congestion on route to Boro.

I passed both of these in Teesdale University at 1650 - there must have been a problem before Stockton, because I had no problem getting in and out of Middlesbrough.

RE: Go North East - Latest - GuyParkRoyal - 31 Oct 2014

(30 Oct 2014, 9:28 pm)Tom wrote Saw the 1415ish X21 today, and it had about 10 passengers coming in, and 12 passengers going out. No idea about the X7, but has it been affected much by the X21?

I think we will get a clear indication of the affect on the X7 (if any) by the end of November once weekly and monthly ticket holders consider the alterative when they come to renew their tickets. With many commuters on this route employed in call centres and retail their choice won’t just be on price and journey times they will no doubt need to consider Sunday and evening service availability.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 11:53 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote I think we will get a clear indication of the affect on the X7 (if any) by the end of November once weekly and monthly ticket holders consider the alterative when they come to renew their tickets. With many computers on this route employed in call centres and retail their choice won’t just be on price and journey times they will no doubt need to consider Sunday and evening service availability.

I agree, GNE offer no evening or Sunday service to Peterlee.. i think its time to run the X7 at those times against Arriva's 22 

Arriva's 22 leaves Park Lane at **:12 past the hour from from 19:12pm  

GNE's X7 could leave at 42 mins past - means both companies are working together to make a half hourly service to Peterlee on evening and Sunday 

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 11:53 am)GuyParkRoyal wrote I think we will get a clear indication of the affect on the X7 (if any) by the end of November once weekly and monthly ticket holders consider the alterative when they come to renew their tickets. With many computers on this route employed in call centres and retail their choice won’t just be on price and journey times they will no doubt need to consider Sunday and evening service availability.

Totally agree.

However, I think what lets ANE down, are the links to Doxford Park.
They are none existent, despite services trundling along through Ryhope from East Durham.

A service into Doxford Park (even at peaks) from East Durham or connecting to services through Ryhope, can only add to numbers.

Hey, even staff at Arriva Towers could get one of their own to work!

Park lane is packed.

Wear tee's express is on deptfords staff shuttle.

GNE training coach is parked up.

Que for the 61 is massive

Stupid idea putting solo sr's on the 38....

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 1:18 pm)Michael wrote Park lane is packed.

Wear tee's express is on deptfords staff shuttle.

GNE training coach is parked up.

Que for the 61 is massive

Because of temporary 4-way lights at The Lodge near Seaham, it is causing chaos the lights are quite slow big queues are forming at each Red light...I got a 61 at The Mill Inn earlier on, the bus was 20 down when I got on and the driver, control advised him to run light back to Sunderland once the last punter got off, which was me.

Yesterday was bad, agaim, I was at The Mill Inn for about half an hour and could see at least 3 60's stretching back towards Westlea, once I got on the first 60, it took a further 15 mins to get through the lights...Coming back, I was at the Sandcastle Pub stop and again the bus was about 15 minutes late, while waiting for my bus I seen 1 29, 1 39 4 42's, 3 60's and X21 come past on my side and 2 42s and 1 39' and 60s bound for Sunderland

(31 Oct 2014, 2:01 pm)marxistafozzski wrote Because of temporary 4-way lights at The Lodge near Seaham, it is causing chaos the lights are quite slow big queues are forming at each Red light...I got a 61 at The Mill Inn earlier on, the bus was 20 down when I got on and the driver, control advised him to run light back to Sunderland once the last punter got off, which was me.

Yesterday was bad, agaim, I was at The Mill Inn for about half an hour and could see at least 3 60's stretching back towards Westlea, once I got on the first 60, it took a further 15 mins to get through the lights...Coming back, I was at the Sandcastle Pub stop and again the bus was about 15 minutes late, while waiting for my bus I seen 1 29, 1 39 4 42's, 3 60's and X21 come past on my side and 2 42s and 1 39' and 60s bound for Sunderland

Oh what a nightmare

(31 Oct 2014, 2:04 pm)Michael wrote Oh what a nightmare
A right pain in the arse Michael...Yesterday and Today drivers have had to leave punters behind at certain times as buses have been standing room only quite a few times...

I think the lights change 1 at a time, unlike the normal 4 way lights, where opposite ends change at the same time

(31 Oct 2014, 2:14 pm)marxistafozzski wrote A right pain in the arse Michael...Yesterday and Today drivers have had to leave punters behind at certain times as buses have been standing room only quite a few times...

I think the lights change 1 at a time, unlike the normal 4 way lights, where opposite ends change at the same time

Same as the 38,  1 wheelchairs was left behind (driver did not radio in for taxi)

Then 2 pushchairs wanted to get on... 

(31 Oct 2014, 2:17 pm)Michael wrote Same as the 38,  1 wheelchairs was left behind (driver did not radio in for taxi)

Then 2 pushchairs wanted to get on... 
Sometimes I think some firms think lets dig a hole and cause havoc for people in the car and buses...It certainly seems that way in Sunderland at times lol Big Grin

Theres a laser scania parked up near the shops at Fulwell, no driver or passengers on.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 31 Oct 2014

8250 is now back in Service on the M2 at Heworth

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 1:14 pm)Andreos1 wrote Totally agree.

However, I think what lets ANE down, are the links to Doxford Park.
They are none existent, despite services trundling along through Ryhope from East Durham.

A service into Doxford Park (even at peaks) from East Durham or connecting to services through Ryhope, can only add to numbers.

Hey, even staff at Arriva Towers could get one of their own to work!

I think a Sunderland-Doxford Park-Houghton-Fence Houses-Chester-le-Street service could work.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Malarkey - 31 Oct 2014

(31 Oct 2014, 4:18 pm)NEBCD Malarkey wrote 8250 is now back in Service on the M2 at Heworth

Photo of 8250 on the M2 This Evening, In other News 3978 has Gained an allover Advert on the Drivers Side Only for "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1"