North East Buses
Next Stop Announcement Systems - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Next Stop Announcement Systems (/showthread.php?tid=3241)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Unber43 - 27 Oct 2022

(27 Oct 2022, 10:28 pm)Ambassador On recent X39 trips I’ve noticed the somewhat innovative arrival at stop times has gone wrong/ no longer maintained

It either shows the timetabled arrival which is fairly useless, a random other service or a totally random time arrival of 1am.

I quite liked the live arrival idea and linking into the app it must be possible in terms of tracking and gps, it’s a small priority for a massively loss making business but still…be nice to have it back
I've only noticed 1am & the actual time of arrival, not sure if this has anything to do with the issue of it saying it will arrive at 1am could it be a particular journey/vehicle

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 28 Oct 2022

Yeah 1am arrival is still a regular occurrence from what I see.

Metrocentre train departures still show up on approach to Central.

Several 10s don’t have working screens and/or audio.

Several drivers regularly switch the destination to the next journey despite being 1/2/3 stops away from Eldon Square.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Unber43 - 28 Oct 2022

(28 Oct 2022, 4:27 am)ne14ne1 Yeah 1am arrival is still a regular occurrence from what I see.

Metrocentre train departures still show up on approach to Central.

Several 10s don’t have working screens and/or audio.

Several drivers regularly switch the destination to the next journey despite being 1/2/3 stops away from Eldon Square.
All the 16, 15 plate & Citaros have the screens screens designed however they're never used as none of them actually have working screens or a screen in fact.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - F114TML - 27 Nov 2022

Not sure if it's just these two buses I've been on (5423 and 5439) but are there seriously still no NSAs on the 61A?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Retro Nero - 27 Nov 2022

(27 Nov 2022, 4:46 pm)F114TML Not sure if it's just these two buses I've been on (5423 and 5439) but are there seriously still no NSAs on the 61A?
Yes, still no NSA on 61A

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 27 Nov 2022

Does the Q3’s NSAs work yet?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 02 Dec 2022

(27 Nov 2022, 8:20 pm)ne14ne1 Does the Q3’s NSAs work yet?

Guess it’s a no…

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Blockybus - 02 Dec 2022

(27 Nov 2022, 8:20 pm)ne14ne1 Does the Q3’s NSAs work yet?
Yes they do. There is a few stops which don't as we don't currently have any NSA files for them but the rest work fine.

(02 Dec 2022, 6:00 pm)Blockybus Yes they do. There is a few stops which don't as we don't currently have any NSA files for them but the rest work fine.

So that’s a no then, they’re still not fully working. Customers are still having to listen to “Next stop.” “Next stop.” “Next stop”. “Next stop.” for a good chunk of the journey.

And is it really just down to not having asked Emma to record a few files?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Blockybus - 02 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 6:28 pm)ne14ne1 So that’s a no then, they’re still not fully working. Customers are still having to listen to “Next stop.” “Next stop.” “Next stop”. “Next stop.” for a good chunk of the journey.

And is it really just down to not having asked Emma to record a few files?
It's literally only a few stops. It's not a massive issue. Much bigger issues to worry about at the moment than a few stops not saying their stop name...

(02 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Blockybus It's literally only a few stops. It's not a massive issue. Much bigger issues to worry about at the moment than a few stops not saying their stop name...

Like painting wheels red and tweeting about an elf. 

Does the 53/54 and Q3 electrics announce their number and destination on departure yet?

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - DeltaMan - 03 Dec 2022

(02 Dec 2022, 6:57 pm)Blockybus It's literally only a few stops. It's not a massive issue. Much bigger issues to worry about at the moment than a few stops not saying their stop name...
That's not really in the spirit of the Bus Services Act 2017 though....

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rob44 - 03 Dec 2022

28a and 29 do this..... as soon as they get toward Low fell they kick in then disappear around saltwell park (29) and return at gateshead

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - streetdeckfan - 07 Dec 2022

On the B9s with the LED and TFT displays, what is the lower display used for?

I'm on 6099 and every so often it'll flash the X21 splash screen on the TFT display but the rest of the time it says 'no signal'

The NSA in general seems to have stopped working at Spennymoor as well, it's not making any announcements any more and just has 'Welcome on board the Xlines X21 service to West Auckland' scrolling on the screen along with the free WiFi and GNE app crap.

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Unber43 - 07 Dec 2022

(07 Dec 2022, 5:29 pm)streetdeckfan On the B9s with the LED and TFT displays, what is the lower display used for?

I'm on 6099 and every so often it'll flash the X21 splash screen on the TFT display but the rest of the time it says 'no signal'

The NSA in general seems to have stopped working at Spennymoor as well, it's not making any announcements any more and just has 'Welcome on board the Xlines X21 service to West Auckland' scrolling on the screen along with the free WiFi and GNE app crap.
I was on it a few weeks ago, well maybe a couple months and it was working okay iirc

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Aaron21 - 08 Dec 2022

Most of the Nsa are broken

12 doesn't have any

58 doesn't announce any stops after Heworth (don't quote me)

1 still announce Howard Street (Stephenson Street is on there as it was a few months ago)

57 is broken after Felling Bypass Ennerdale

19 doesn't read out the new announcements on the new route change

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 08 Dec 2022

I’ve enjoyed the serene journeys of late

Break them all

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Rob44 - 09 Dec 2022

the NSA on the 44/45 i got to town on Suday worked perfectly! #goodonarriva

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - ne14ne1 - 08 Jan 2023

GNE’s booze cruise announcement for Gateshead’s Wellington Street in the BRIDGES Quarter will need to be updated. A new independent wine bar is opening: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnFUiDNIW4N/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

RE: Next Stop Announcement Systems - Ambassador - 08 Jan 2023

(08 Jan 2023, 7:38 pm)ne14ne1 GNE’s booze cruise announcement for Gateshead’s Wellington Street in the BRIDGES Quarter will need to be updated. A new independent wine bar is opening: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnFUiDNIW4N/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

as the former MD is no longer directing his lackeys to engage in this sort of frivolity….it’s unlikely.

Though anyone whose been on a rush hour single deck 21 of late may be tempted to hop out and have a pint /large wine and wait for the next one