North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 7:31 pm)MurdnunoC wrote Been an organ donor for years.

People can take what they want from me after I'm gone. It means there's less to burn that's all.

Sorry but i laughed at that haha

(24 Apr 2016, 7:33 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Aye - 2 lots of childbirth complications. Those boys have a lot to answer for!

Ah right, =(

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 7:30 pm)Tom wrote Only ever used to go in with my mam and she always used to say they had crap and there was nothing in the mens section when I went. Could get better for less in Primark!

What were the coats like? Looking for a new coat (albeit not a winter one but a summer one).

It was a big grey padded one, showerproof, rather than a proper waterproof, with orange details Kids' size 15-16!

We got him an OK summer waterproof in tresspass on Dalton Park, last week. not sure how robust the lining is and the pockets were a bit of a pain when it came to stuffing them with crap, yesterday, but it was a nice fit - he's on the long and skinny side.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 24 Apr 2016

The only time I'm even remotely tempted to go in BHS is at Christmas when they have all the gift stuff in, I get to eye up the sweets which I want people to get me for Christmas but no-one ever does! Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 7:38 pm)BusLoverMum wrote It was a big grey padded one, showerproof, rather than a proper waterproof, with orange details Kids' size 15-16!

We got him an OK summer waterproof in tresspass on Dalton Park, last week. not sure how robust the lining is and the pockets were a bit of a pain when it came to stuffing them with crap, yesterday, but it was a nice fit - he's on the long and skinny side.

Ah right im not the biggest fan of waterproofs in the summer as they tend to stick to your arms a lot when it's really hot -  if I go to the rally next weekend might have a look around the Metrocentre. 
Saw a nice Ralph Lauren one in Fenwick the other week and then I saw the price...

(24 Apr 2016, 8:28 pm)Jimmi wrote The only time I'm even remotely tempted to go in BHS is at Christmas when they have all the gift stuff in, I get to eye up the sweets which I want people to get me for Christmas but no-one ever does! Tongue

Haha they do have a canny range in at Xmas... They might not be around next Xmas though.

(24 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm)Tom wrote Ah right im not the biggest fan of waterproofs in the summer as they tend to stick to your arms a lot when it's really hot -  if I go to the rally next weekend might have a look around the Metrocentre. 
Saw a nice Ralph Lauren one in Fenwick the other week and then I saw the price...

I do that all the time, I'm a very partial to some Fred Perry gear so I dread to think how much I've spent on Fred Perry since I first started at college in 2010. The jacket I was wearing today was pretty pricy.

(24 Apr 2016, 8:46 pm)Jimmi wrote I do that all the time, I'm a very partial to some Fred Perry gear so I dread to think how much I've spent on Fred Perry since I first started at college in 2010. The jacket I was wearing today was pretty pricy.

Fred Perry is very nice yeah and also a lot cheaper than a lot of the other designer brands. Lyle & Scott is also great and quite a bit cheaper than the other ones.

http://m.scottsmenswear.com/product/fred-perry-brentham-hooded-jacket/192965/ - That one is very nice so might get that as its £70 less than the similar Ralph Lauren ones. Hoping house of Fraser or JD etc. a sale on next week and I might just get it. I also find Size good in the Metrocentre seems to have a nice range of Adidas Originals so could find something in there. Problem is I'm so indecisive!

RE: Anything and Everything - mb134 - 24 Apr 2016

Unsure if you could do it by bus, but there's a Ralph Lauren outlet at Gretna that has seriously good discounts. I bought my coat from there a year or two ago, and it was £85 down from over £200.

(24 Apr 2016, 8:56 pm)Tom wrote Fred Perry is very nice yeah and also a lot cheaper than a lot of the other designer brands. Lyle & Scott is also great and quite a bit cheaper than the other ones.

http://m.scottsmenswear.com/product/fred-perry-brentham-hooded-jacket/192965/ - That one is very nice so might get that as its £70 less than the similar Ralph Lauren ones. Hoping house of Fraser or JD etc. a sale on next week and I might just get it. I also find Size good in the Metrocentre seems to have a nice range of Adidas Originals so could find something in there. Problem is I'm so indecisive!

Nice. Being indecisive is worse when money is a factor.

I also seem impartial to Vans stuff, so one day I will look dressed pretty smart and the next day I look like a wannabee Skateboarder! Big Grin

(24 Apr 2016, 8:35 pm)Tom wrote Ah right im not the biggest fan of waterproofs in the summer as they tend to stick to your arms a lot when it's really hot -  if I go to the rally next weekend might have a look around the Metrocentre. 

They're handy when it rains, though - I often have no choice but to go out in it! Big'un needs one for outdoor ed.

I have an uninspired basic Berghaus one for milder weather. Had it years, I occasionally lament that it refuses to die, then remember that I've not actually seen one that I like better.

Husband just ended up getting himself a Berghaus, after a succession of cheaper ones falling apart. The label makes it sound exhausting Big Grin

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 9:02 pm)mb134 wrote Unsure if you could do it by bus, but there's a Ralph Lauren outlet at Gretna that has seriously good discounts. I bought my coat from there a year or two ago, and it was £85 down from over £200.

There is a service from Carlisle that heads up Gretna way.
No idea how close it goes to the outlet though.

Passed it many a time in the car. Never called in.

I always pop in to Dalton Park (not via bus - probs easier getting to Gretna Wink ) when looking for Adidas Originals stuff.
Always find something decent in the Adidas store.

(24 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote There is a service from Carlisle that heads up Gretna way.
No idea how close it goes to the outlet though.

Passed it many a time in the car. Never called in.

I always pop in to Dalton Park (not via bus - probs easier getting to Gretna Wink ) when looking for Adidas Originals stuff.

There's plenty of buses to Dalton Park. The ANE 22 and the GNE 61, for starters!

(24 Apr 2016, 9:35 pm)Andreos1 wrote I always pop in to Dalton Park (not via bus - probs easier getting to Gretna Wink ) when looking for Adidas Originals stuff.

I went to Dalton Park on Tuesday on my outing, was originally going to have a look round but I fell behind time on my plan and I wanted to get to Seaham to snap Arriva's peak time only service X22 to Sunderland, so there was no-time.
[Image: 26272196950_25897cb8cb.jpg]Arriva North East: 4814 / WX13GHN by Matthew Jimmison, on Flickr

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 24 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 9:38 pm)BusLoverMum wrote There's plenty of buses to Dalton Park. The ANE 22 and the GNE 61, for starters!

There are plenty buses.
They all pretty much follow the same route though. It can take me as many buses to get to DP as it does to Gretna Outlet.
Bonkers isn't it?

Too many posts to quote here.

@Jimmi never really bothered much with Vans stuff but have seen some decent T-Shirts in JD the odd time which seems a bit similar to Converse. Not a fan of those style shoes at all though.

@mb I was planning to do Grenta and Dumfries in the summer via bus so will definitely call in there.

@Andreos I didn't realise Dalton Park had a adidas shop so next time I'm there I'll have a look. Same here would take me 3 to get to Dalton Park, same as it would to Gretna. I never bothered with it because I though it'd be similar to Royal Quays which is a load of crap, not many half decent brands there at all.

(24 Apr 2016, 9:50 pm)Andreos1 wrote There are plenty buses.
They all pretty much follow the same route though. It can take me as many buses to get to DP as it does to Gretna Outlet.
Bonkers isn't it?

It's one of the few places I can get to straight from my front door on a single bus!

Still takes 45 minutes for what would be a 15 minute drive, though. Not as bad as the Trimdons and Sedgefield, which are 2 buses and over an hour away, despite being practically on my doorstep.

(24 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm)BusLoverMum wrote It's one of the few places I can get to straight from my front door on a single bus!

Still takes 45 minutes for what would be a 15 minute drive, though. Not as bad as the Trimdons and Sedgefield, which are 2 buses and over an hour away, despite being practically on my doorstep.
Until October 2012 I used to be able to get to Dalton Park from Newton Aycliffe on one bus, albeit under a split registration which was service 21/31 although I would of had a 10 minute walk from Cold Hesledon.

Can't achieve this now, connection times between the 22 and 21 heading home is a risky game, one day I was arriving in Peterlee Bus Station on the 22 and saw the 21 pulling out meaning I missed it, fortunately I caught the 21 back up at Moorcock.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 25 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 10:20 pm)Tom wrote Too many posts to quote here.

I didn't realise Dalton Park had a adidas shop so next time I'm there I'll have a look. Same here would take me 3 to get to Dalton Park, same as it would to Gretna.  I never bothered with it because I though it'd be similar to Royal Quays which is a load of crap, not many half decent brands there at all.

The stock seems to change on a regular basis.
Some isn't my taste at all.
Other stuff I love.

(24 Apr 2016, 10:23 pm)BusLoverMum wrote It's one of the few places I can get to straight from my front door on a single bus!

DP isn't far in the car from mine. 10 mins roughly (15mins according to Google maps).
An absolute nightmare by bus, that can be done in one of 3 ways - the majority (unless military planning is involved) at least three buses. The longest in distance is the one which involves two buses, will take an hour - assuming I jump off one bus and immediately on to another.
That isn't likely to happen.
If I miss a 265 from Hetton (the trip that is the shortest mileage wise, but one that involves 3 buses) - well yeah, you can guess how long that journey takes.
Either way, on a good day you can see it takes a similar amount of time as it does you to Sedgefield.

The only bonus of using a GNE red ticket to DP, is the pence per mile it costs to get there and back. Literally pennies due to the ridiculous journey I would need to take.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 25 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 6:26 pm)Michael wrote British Home Stores could be about to go into administration, reports suggest

Hundreds of North East jobs are in the balance as BHS tries to agree deal to sell stores to Mike Ashley's Sports Direct

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/british-home-stores-could-go-11234313#ICID=FB-Chron-main

Confirmed this morning:

BHS to file for administration, putting 11,000 jobs at risk

BHS representatives have told the BBC that it will go into administration.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36123444

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 25 Apr 2016

(24 Apr 2016, 10:29 pm)Jimmi wrote Until October 2012 I used to be able to get to Dalton Park from Newton Aycliffe on one bus, albeit under a split registration which was service 21/31 although I would of had a 10 minute walk from Cold Hesledon.

Can't achieve this now, connection times between the 22 and 21 heading home is a risky game, one day I was arriving in Peterlee Bus Station on the 22 and saw the 21 pulling out meaning I missed it, fortunately I caught the 21 back up at Moorcock.
Aye. The 22 and both 21s/x21 are usually in Peterlee together. The 22 and 21 scheduled for the same stand at the same time, of course!

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 28 Apr 2016

Hi-de-Hi! star Barry Howard dies aged 78

http://www.itv.com/news/2016-04-28/hi-de-hi-star-barry-howard-dies-aged-78/

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 29 Apr 2016

Facebook dodgy for anyone else?

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 30 Apr 2016

Sunderland steam fair cancelled.
Stupid weather.
http://m.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/what-s-on/sunderland-traction-engine-rally-cancelled-1-7885866?ref=BreakingNewsTeesside&utm_medium=twitter

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 03 May 2016

Deerness bridge update (I'm sure there's a better thread for it, but I'm unable to hunt around for it)

http://www.durham.gov.uk/deernessbridge

Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 05 May 2016

Does anyone else get loads of random Facebook friend/message requests from enthusiasts?

I keep getting friend requests from random enthusiasts who I don't know, most who seem to live in different parts of the country. Last night I had a lad who lives in Blackpool who sent me a message request asking if I fancied a chat about buses and such in Blackpool as I uploaded some Blackpool photos to my Flickr yesterday evening, I accepted the request and ended up chatting with him for over four and a half hours.

Anyone else get requests like this and what do you do when you get them?

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 05 May 2016

(05 May 2016, 8:42 pm)Jimmi wrote Does anyone else get loads of random Facebook friend/message requests from enthusiasts?

I keep getting friend requests from random enthusiasts who I don't know, most who seem to live in different parts of the country. Last night I had a lad who lives in Blackpool who sent me a message request asking if I fancied a chat about buses and such in Blackpool as I uploaded some Blackpool photos to my Flickr yesterday evening, I accepted the request and ended up chatting with him for over four and a half hours.

For some reason yes despite me not having any enthusiasts as friends! Never had messages but a couple of friend requests but I just ignored them as I didn't even recognise the names. Could understand if I had mutual friends.

RE: Anything and Everything - Jimmi - 05 May 2016

(05 May 2016, 8:46 pm)Tom wrote For some reason yes despite me not having any enthusiasts as friends! Never had messages but a couple of friend requests but I just ignored them as I didn't even recognise the names. Could understand if I had mutual friends.

Do you have your full name on a site somewhere possibly? Sure I've seen you pop up in the "people you may know" section on mine before. I think I started getting them for two reasons, the first being me joining a few Facebook groups with me making the odd post and the other reason will be because I now have my full name on my Flickr account, so people can obviously see what my name is then find me on Facebook.

RE: Anything and Everything - Tom - 05 May 2016

(05 May 2016, 8:53 pm)Jimmi wrote Do you have your full name on a site somewhere possibly? Sure I've seen you pop up in the "people you may know" section on mine before. I think I started getting them for two reasons, the first being me joining a few Facebook groups with me making the odd post and the other reason will be because I now have my full name on my Flickr account, so people can obviously see what my name is then find me on Facebook.

Ah yeah I do on Flickr but would that link to Flickr? I wouldn't mind adding bus enthusiasts but the problem is no one knows I like buses so that would give it away I'd imagine (especially if people tag me in stuff).

RE: Anything and Everything - Davie - 05 May 2016

(05 May 2016, 8:42 pm)Jimmi wrote Does anyone else get loads of random Facebook friend/message requests from enthusiasts?

I just accept them, but I tend to unfollow them.

RE: Anything and Everything - northern156 - 05 May 2016

Mutual friends mostly, but also through involvement of various groups.

Not sure if working on the railway attracts folk too. I seem to have had a lot more since I started work for my employer.