North East Buses
Anything and Everything - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: The Canteen (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: General off-topic chat (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=51)
+--- Thread: Anything and Everything (/showthread.php?tid=628)

RE: Anything and Everything - Charles41 - 11 Jun 2016

Very rare bus recently purchased by The North Tyneside Learning Trust currently at Denbigh Community Primary School, Howden.

H588EGU, a Duple bodied Dennis Condor, which started life with China Motor Bus in 1990.

Currently parked up next to the caretaker's house wearing an all over Purple livery.

Looks very smart.

Charles

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 11 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 1:30 pm)Charles41 wrote Very rare bus recently purchased by The North Tyneside Learning Trust currently at Denbigh Community Primary School, Howden.

H588EGU, a Duple bodied Dennis Condor, which started life with China Motor Bus in 1990.

Currently parked up next to the caretaker's house wearing an all over Purple livery.

Looks very smart.

Charles

This chap?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tpp607r/6748991315

I bet the purple does look nice.

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 11 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 8:23 pm)BusLoverMum wrote This chap?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/tpp607r/6748991315

I bet the purple does look nice.

More interested in the one parked next to it Wink

RE: Anything and Everything - Adrian - 11 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 8:43 pm)Andreos1 wrote More interested in the one parked next to it Wink

3734! It's crazy how these are still going strong.

[Image: 3201097877_83f5025f86.jpg]
3734 B734GCN Leyland Olympian/ECW Northern by emdjt42, on Flickr

RE: Anything and Everything - NK53 TKT - 11 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm)Adrian wrote 3734! It's crazy how these are still going strong.

Was that seriously in service in 2007 Exclamation

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 11 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 8:45 pm)Adrian wrote 3734! It's crazy how these are still going strong.

Brilliant vehicles.
Don't make em like that any more.

RE: Anything and Everything - Charles41 - 12 Jun 2016

(11 Jun 2016, 9:32 pm)Andreos1 wrote Brilliant vehicles.
Don't make em like that any more.

Had a chance to have a ride on one at Scarborough Bus Fest, excellent vehicles. Interestingly enough the Olympian that was at the Bus Fest was one that I had spotted in 1988 when it was based at at Middlesbrough depot. Now I'm showing my age!

Charles

RE: Anything and Everything - Andreos1 - 12 Jun 2016

(12 Jun 2016, 10:34 am)Charles41 wrote Had a chance to have a ride on one at Scarborough Bus Fest, excellent vehicles. Interestingly enough the Olympian that was at the Bus Fest was one that I had spotted in 1988 when it was based at at Middlesbrough depot. Now I'm showing my age!

Charles

It must have been the mid/late-90's the last time I had a go of one unfortunately. That will have been a Philli or Washington example (an X5 or 535/536) and obviously still in service with GNE at the time. 
Hopefully I will manage to blag some time on one soon.

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 13 Jun 2016

Go away for 4 days and come back to 479 unread posts... oh dear!

RE: Anything and Everything - Dan - 13 Jun 2016

(13 Jun 2016, 1:55 pm)Michael wrote Go away for 4 days and come back to 479 unread posts... oh dear!

It's fine - at least 30 of those are references to Michael Jackson, and another 30 are people asking questions in your absence.  Big Grin

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016 - LeeCalder - 13 Jun 2016

There was a video circulating around on Facebook yesterday, I'm not to sure if anyone saw it until it was taken down by the owner, but it claimed that a driver of a Fab Fifty Six Gemini was driving dangerously, and was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting across lanes without indicating etc.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with it, I'm just wondering if anyone else who may of saw it thinks the same as me?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016 - Adrian - 13 Jun 2016

(13 Jun 2016, 4:08 pm)LeeCalder wrote There was a video circulating around on Facebook yesterday, I'm not to sure if anyone saw it until it was taken down by the owner, but it claimed that a driver of a Fab Fifty Six Gemini was driving dangerously, and was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting across lanes without indicating etc.

I personally didn't see anything wrong with it, I'm just wondering if anyone else who may of saw it thinks the same as me?

There was nowt wrong with the way the bus was driven. It was just a case of another prat with a dash cam, thinking that they're king of the road. Just about every comment had alluded to the same thing.

It looks like it was correctly removed in the end.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016 - Dan - 13 Jun 2016

(13 Jun 2016, 4:08 pm)LeeCalder wrote There was a video circulating around on Facebook yesterday, I'm not to sure if anyone saw it until it was taken down by the owner, but it claimed that a driver of a Fab Fifty Six Gemini was driving dangerously, and was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting across lanes without indicating etc.

If it's the one that caused quite a bit of chaos on Go North East's Facebook page - then it was 6084 on the Tyne Tees Xpress, rather than the Fab Fifty Six.

It's not for me (or anyone else on this forum as a matter of fact) to play judge, jury and executioner, but I viewed the video and it looked to me like the driver was indicating right to go into the right hand lane, allowing cars on the slip road to merge onto the A19, then returning to the left hand lane as those cars were travelling at a higher speed than the bus. Some good driving, in my opinion. Mountain out of a molehill!

Not sure if we'll end up striking up a massive debate about this - so I've moved it across to this thread out of the Go North East section, as a full-scale debate on driving standards probably isn't the latest news.  Tongue

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 13 Jun 2016

Disgrace to see what happened yesterday in Orlando

R.I.P to all those who died.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2016 - LeeCalder - 14 Jun 2016

(13 Jun 2016, 4:20 pm)Dan wrote If it's the one that caused quite a bit of chaos on Go North East's Facebook page - then it was 6084 on the Tyne Tees Xpress, rather than the Fab Fifty Six.

It's not for me (or anyone else on this forum as a matter of fact) to play judge, jury and executioner, but I viewed the video and it looked to me like the driver was indicating right to go into the right hand lane, allowing cars on the slip road to merge onto the A19, then returning to the left hand lane as those cars were travelling at a higher speed than the bus. Some good driving, in my opinion. Mountain out of a molehill!

Not sure if we'll end up striking up a massive debate about this - so I've moved it across to this thread out of the Go North East section, as a full-scale debate on driving standards probably isn't the latest news.  Tongue

Yeah, I didn't see anything wrong with it, personally.

I'm curious as to what the owner would class a high speed chase as if what the Fab Fifty Six driver was doing was dangerous....

RE: Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 14 Jun 2016

(13 Jun 2016, 4:36 pm)Michael wrote Disgrace to see what happened yesterday in Orlando

R.I.P to all those who died.
Absolutely disgusting...

Thoughts and prayers are with those who lost loved ones [CRYING FACE]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Anything and Everything - MrFozz - 14 Jun 2016

Went and booked my wedding last night...

15th July 2017 at St Andrews Church, Dalton-le-Dale...

In other news...

Had my first driving lesson today, I went 50 yards, hit a kerb, slammed the anchors on and stalled the car...

It will be a frosty day in hell before I am unleashed behind the wheel of a bus [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

RE: Anything and Everything - Michael - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 11:00 am)MrFozz wrote Went and booked my wedding last night...

In other news...

Had my first driving lesson today, I went 50 yards, hit a kerb, slammed the anchors on and stalled the car...

It will be a frosty day in hell before I am unleashed behind the wheel of a bus [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Least you've had one, i haven't started mine yet haha.

RE: Anything and Everything - NK53 TKT - 14 Jun 2016

In other news...

Good for you Smile

RE: Anything and Everything - PO51WNF - 14 Jun 2016

In other news...

I've had about 30 lessons so far and I love it, it just feels so natural, like I don't have to think about what I'm doing with the clutch or gears any more. It really does get easier with practice

RE: Anything and Everything - Ambassador - 14 Jun 2016

I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

I know...I'm an awful driver!

RE: Anything and Everything - James101 - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 8:42 pm)Ambassador wrote I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

My first car was auto, then a manual, now an auto again. 

Sounds odd but the transmission type was never a motivation in choosing any of the three I've had. Right now I prefer the idea of an auto, but would choose a manual again over the poor Vauxhall easy tronic semi auto gearbox I had in my first car. 

I don't think the choice of auto or manual makes someone a better or worse driver.

RE: Anything and Everything - Deleted - 14 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 11:00 am)MrFozz wrote Had my first driving lesson today, I went 50 yards, hit a kerb, slammed the anchors on and stalled the car...

It will be a frosty day in hell before I am unleashed behind the wheel of a bus

Sounds like your halfway there now Foss, just need to get the braking and acceleration right and your sorted, you know you have mastered this when you can get anyone alighting doing the hokey kokey up the bus, a professional bus driver can make all there passengers dance. Once you have advanced to the cha cha slide your a coach driver in the making.

Anyway good luck with the wedding and stick in with the driving lessons.

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 15 Jun 2016

(14 Jun 2016, 8:42 pm)Ambassador wrote I drive an automatic...I'm lazy and I needed to learn quickly.

I've never had a lesson, but I'd have to learn in an automatic because I no longer have the strength in my left arm/hand to consistently handle a gear stick. It's not such a limiting thing, these days, at least. I suspect we'll move over to more cars being automatic, over the next decade, as more steps to increase fuel economy and reduce emissions in cars are taken.

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 15 Jun 2016

When not at work, I drive a manual. I'd rather have an automatic though because I'm lazy.

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 16 Jun 2016

"Who do they think they are?" Sign in Chester le Street. Above Loughlin's(?) Butchers.

What on earth is that all about?

RE: Anything and Everything - MurdnunoC - 16 Jun 2016

(16 Jun 2016, 8:58 am)BusLoverMum wrote "Who do they think they are?" Sign in Chester le Street. Above Loughlin's(?) Butchers.

What on earth is that all about?

Is it similar to one of those 'Its illegal to use a legal name' ads currently seen around Chester?

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 16 Jun 2016

(16 Jun 2016, 9:32 am)MurdnunoC wrote Is it similar to one of those 'Its illegal to use a legal name' ads currently seen around Chester?

No, those are national and part of a big tin foil hat movement, Freemen of the land. Thisone is CLS specific but the text was too small to read from the bus.

Anything and Everything - James101 - 25 Jun 2016

[Image: 2ab8ebfd4a17eac9906b3d0aa9d417a6.jpg]

"Ooo, a leftover newspaper, this will help pass the time on my journey"

[Image: 4a44dcaf24dbf3d02933f26d90e4d190.jpg]

"Oh, bugger."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Anything and Everything - BusLoverMum - 25 Jun 2016

(25 Jun 2016, 1:57 pm)James101 wrote [Image: 2ab8ebfd4a17eac9906b3d0aa9d417a6.jpg]

"Ooo, a leftover newspaper, this will help pass the time on my journey"

[Image: 4a44dcaf24dbf3d02933f26d90e4d190.jpg]

"Oh, bugger."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ouch.