North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - October 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1248)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 9:31 am)idiot wrote Marley Pots losing connection to Asda yet again Sad

There is always the ASDA at Leechmere you could go to! Wink

RE: Go North East - Latest - Tom - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 4:09 pm)Daniel wrote Ooh, definitely agree. Between Newcastle and Hexham, I have always been inclined to use a service by Go North East with the good value £3.65 Get Around day ticket.
Between Newcastle and Carlisle, I did previously use the 685. I now find it much more convenient to use the train. Even if a Class 142 shows up, it's a lot better than the 685 for me!

Regarding the leather seats on ANE's Omnis... I've never thought they were that great if I'm honest. They've always felt a little too flat for me, it's hard to explain. Proper leather don't get me wrong, but not my thing... The Italian leather on the SC Gold's are much better! Tongue

I've just moved this to here to avoid the rare and odd workings thread going off-topic! - Yeah, now I've got a Key Card, I'm going to be making many more trips. However, the £5 Child Day Ticket on Arriva is quite good value too!

I've found the quite comfortable, but I've only experienced them twice, once on the 306, once on the 685! - Never rode the SC Gold vehicles either, but surely will within the next year!

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 15 Oct 2013

Connections 4 now has its own brand tab on the Simplygo.com website.

http://www.simplygo.com/all-services/connections-4

RE: Go North East - Latest - Washingtonian - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 6:12 am)aureolin wrote The Silver Arrows was consulted on only last year. I believe this was along with the proposal to terminate half of the M1 journeys at fatfield. The M2/M3 hasn't been done for a while afaik, but that was councillor driven so I'm lead to believe.

On the W5/W6, you're always going to have that problem. I could drive to Sunderland in 10 mins but it'd take 3x that by bus. Durham is 15 mins in a car or an hour by 2 buses. They'd argue you could get to concord in 10 mins anyway if you had a 5 min walk to the Vic and got the M1.

Cheers for the info regarding the consultations.

Yeah I see where you are coming from mate. A journey by bus will always take longer than a journey by car. However if they insist on people leaving the car at home and taking the bus, I feel they could be doing more to make the bus a bit more appealing to use. At the end of the day people want to get to where they need to go as quick as possible, with as little hassle as possible. Now I personally don't mind at all walking a few minutes up the road to catch a bus but not everyone will want to do this when he weather is bad for instance or when they have the convienence of their car parked right outside their house.

Here are some examples what I think may be worth trying:-

Instead of running the W5 to Brady Square, why not extend the new Connections 4 to serve here instead? It passes the Vic anyway as you say and should only add around 2 or 3 minutes onto the journey. Alternatively, the W5 and W6 could maybe become circular services, something like this: -

W5: - Concord - Donwell - Parsons - Armstrong - Blackfell Thirlmoor - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Sainsbury's - Biddick - Brady Square - Concord (via Emmerson Terrace, Westwood Club, JFK Primary School, then onto A195 and A1290)

W6: - Concord - Donwell - Parsons - Armstrong - Blackfell Knoulberry - Oxclose - Washington Galleries - Sainsbury's - Biddick - Barmston Court - Teal Farm - Waterview Park - Peel Retail Park - Concord.

I know these ideas would increase the PVR but at least some of the areas currently ommitted by GNE would gain a regular bus service and they would provide quicker links to both the Galleries and Concord. Just a thought anyway.

Update on the new depot

Demolition of existing steel-framed bus garage | Go North East Garth Farm Road Winlaton Blaydon On Tyne NE21 6DB

Demolition of bus depot and support site comprising of steel frame buildings and hardstandings.

Go Gateshead Sunderland Road Gateshead NE8 2UA

Thanks to Ken O'Heed for the info on http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1517587&page=2

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 7:35 am)Daniel wrote As promised...
I will scan in a better copy tonight when I get home, or I could try and do it in school if I can get a teacher to pull a few strings for me.

For anyone wanting a clearer copy of the consultation...
.jpg neb_gneconsult1.jpg

.jpg neb_gneconsult2.jpg

.jpg neb_gneconsult3.jpg

.jpg neb_gneconsult4.jpg

(15 Oct 2013, 5:13 pm)Daniel wrote For anyone wanting a clearer copy of the consultation...

Cheer's

It's good to see that the X36 is popular - moving to it serve Witherwack and Carley hill is abit of a risk - add's time on but it could prove popular

By reading it fully, i have to agree the 36/36A isn't working - iv'e used the 36A service a few times and its being empty, the 36 like said in the proposed changes seems more popular.

I'm still not sure what would happen to the 39, if the 26 is extended to Doxford Park - Only way i can see it is: Between Park lane and Doxford park they would interwork to provide a 10 min service.

Wonder how many run's we would get on this proposed peak time bus - Between Hylton Riverside and Park Lane?

I have to agree with the changes but still no date for when changes could happen, Unless someone can confirm or VOSA posts them.

8302 arrived at Saltmeadows today to be repainted into its "Lambton Worm" base livery.
I imagine 4934 will be out tomorrow in Northern.

(15 Oct 2013, 6:28 pm)Daniel wrote 8302 arrived at Saltmeadows today to be repainted into its "Lambton Worm" base livery.
I imagine 4934 will be out tomorrow in Northern.

Thanks =)

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 5:25 pm)Michael wrote Cheer's

It's good to see that the X36 is popular - moving to it serve Witherwack and Carley hill is abit of a risk - add's time on but it could prove popular

By reading it fully, i have to agree the 36/36A isn't working - iv'e used the 36A service a few times and its being empty, the 36 like said in the proposed changes seems more popular.

I'm still not sure what would happen to the 39, if the 26 is extended to Doxford Park - Only way i can see it is: Between Park lane and Doxford park they would interwork to provide a 10 min service.

Wonder how many run's we would get on this proposed peak time bus - Between Hylton Riverside and Park Lane?

I have to agree with the changes but still no date for when changes could happen, Unless someone can confirm or VOSA posts them.

The short 39's between park lane and Doxy will be replaced by the 26 (proposed)

(15 Oct 2013, 7:05 pm)cbma06 wrote The short 39's between park lane and Doxy will be replaced by the 26 (proposed)

That won't happen - they already tried that before i think and it was rejected by the passengers due to lost links.

(15 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm)Michael wrote That won't happen - they already tried that before i think and it was rejected by the passengers due to lost links.

As CatsFast101 suggested yesterday, it will only be the SHORT 39s (Park Lane to Doxford Park) that will be replaced by the new proposed service 26, not the normal 39s (Pennywell to Doxford Park).

If the feedback is positive, we can expect that the 20 minute frequency across the full route of the 39 service will be re-instated and the short 39s will be replaced by the revised 26 service.
8306-09 then have the potential to be allocated to service X36.

If the feedback is negative, we can expect that the original plan will go ahead - the 39 will indeed be allocated all 9 Versas and have a 10 minute frequency across the full route.

All very much in the air at the moment, but it should be decided next month.

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 7:12 pm)Michael wrote That won't happen - they already tried that before i think and it was rejected by the passengers due to lost links.

If the proposed 26 going to be extended to Doxford Park then GNE are going to have the same old problem as before ( ie service 29/39 between the north and south divide where problems occur and have a knock on effect on the opposite of the wear.)

There should run the 26 on the proposed route upto Sunderland City then run the service up to Pennywell then to Doxford Park via Grindon, Thorney Close and Farringdon, and then see how much the service will be delayed daily, am just surprised that service 99 hasn't been extended from Silksworth to Doxford Park and call it a tour of Sunderland bus.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 15 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 7:25 pm)cbma06 wrote If the proposed 26 going to be extended to Doxford Park then GNE are going to have the same old problem as before ( ie service 29/39 between the north and south divide where problems occur and have a knock on effect on the opposite of the wear.)

There should run the 26 on the proposed route upto Sunderland City then run the service up to Pennywell then to Doxford Park via Grindon, Thorney Close and Farringdon, and then see how much the service will be delayed daily, am just surprised that service 99 hasn't been extended from Silksworth to Doxford Park and call it a tour of Sunderland bus.

Maybe you are onto a winner there?
Extend the 99 to Doxford Park to provide a cross-city link and have the 26 terminate at Silksworth - with the 39 to Doxford Park for a city centre to Doxford Link.

(15 Oct 2013, 7:20 pm)Daniel wrote As CatsFast101 suggested yesterday, it will only be the SHORT 39s (Park Lane to Doxford Park) that will be replaced by the new proposed service 26, not the normal 39s (Pennywell to Doxford Park).

If the feedback is positive, we can expect that the 20 minute frequency across the full route of the 39 service will be re-instated and the short 39s will be replaced by the revised 26 service.
8306-09 then have the potential to be allocated to service X36.

If the feedback is negative, we can expect that the original plan will go ahead - the 39 will indeed be allocated all 9 Versas and have a 10 minute frequency across the full route.

All very much in the air at the moment, but it should be decided next month.

Ah right, i did say earlier in a post about the 26 and 39 getting to city centre and contuning to doxford park as interworking as a 10 min service between them, i agree there could be knock on effects with the proposed 26.

RE: Go North East - Latest - CitaroFavourite - 15 Oct 2013

the first versa for citylink should be due any minute now probs at 1st at saltmeadows getting its fleet numbers applied eg 8336 i was chatting to Scott Cooper yesterday night and he and i agreed after the arriva sapphires arrive looks immaculate the vehicle both citylink and the arriva sapphires but am not speculating when the citylink versas are gonna be in service cannot wait as the bendies used on that service have been more than dreadful especially the 54 versions but my mate chris will be happy with an upgrade at least as he lives on 58 route but when i tried that demo versa with adam malarkey i was totally impressed with the vehicle ive always liked versas even my mates uncle has to drive one every now and again at deptford

RE: Go North East - Latest - Michael - 16 Oct 2013

Both 13/14 and X22 have the new updated timetables both Northern like before.

Thanks CitaroFavourite =) - Which is your favorite new brand? - Connections 4 or Citylink?

The Streetlite should be due in the next couple of weeks to - Drifter Version first, wonder if they will arrive in Green? --- Please note that may of already being answered but iv'e being up since 5am and CBA to look back haha

We may have to do a poll in the new year to see which brand is everyone's favorite - this can only be done when all the buses arrive and all the services have their buses, because theirs lots of changes, so start of February? Tongue

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote the first versa for citylink should be due any minute now probs at 1st at saltmeadows getting its fleet numbers applied eg 8336

Remember Bazza, the Versas destined for the Citylink are 11.7m in length. The likelihood that they will follow the current Versas in fleet number is unlikely.
I don't believe the first Versa is at Saltmeadows yet, but they (alongside the Streetlites) are indeed due very soon.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rob - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 6:25 am)Michael wrote Both 13/14 and X22 have the new updated timetables both Northern like before.

Thanks CitaroFavourite =) - Which is your favorite new brand? - Connections 4 or Citylink?

The Streetlite should be due in the next couple of weeks to - Drifter Version first, wonder if they will arrive in Green? --- Please note that may of already being answered but iv'e being up since 5am and CBA to look back haha

We may have to do a poll in the new year to see which brand is everyone's favorite - this can only be done when all the buses arrive and all the services have their buses, because theirs lots of changes, so start of February? Tongue

What if more new buses arrive next year? Will this mean a new poll every 8/10 month?

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 16 Oct 2013

(15 Oct 2013, 9:45 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote the first versa for citylink should be due any minute now probs at 1st at saltmeadows getting its fleet numbers applied eg 8336 i was chatting to Scott Cooper yesterday night and he and i agreed after the arriva sapphires arrive looks immaculate the vehicle both citylink and the arriva sapphires but am not speculating when the citylink versas are gonna be in service cannot wait as the bendies used on that service have been more than dreadful especially the 54 versions but my mate chris will be happy with an upgrade at least as he lives on 58 route but when i tried that demo versa with adam malarkey i was totally impressed with the vehicle ive always liked versas even my mates uncle has to drive one every now and again at deptford

Versas are awful imo...The 09 versions are horrible and noisy, like a bag of spanners, the Simplicity ones are ok...

I am looking forward to the Streetlites

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 16 Oct 2013

An East Durham MPD was being towed south on the A19 at Elwick 10mins ago,

Didn't catch fleet number or entire reg, but it was one of the 52 reg examples

RE: Go North East - Latest - Peter B - 16 Oct 2013

Spotted earlier at 1205, Dart SPD 8222 broken down oppostite the Royalty Theatre, Sunderland - was on a 39 working to Pennywell.

RE: Go North East - Latest - ... - 16 Oct 2013

Just checked the fleetlist on GNE website and noticed Lambton Worm DAF 4866 has been sold to Alpha Recovery

RE: Go North East - Latest - mattdw92 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 1:54 pm)Liam wrote #NEBExclusive Tongue
3 11.5m Streetlite Max have arrived in Coaster blue at Saltmeadows depot for Drifter service 60.

Attached photo of one of the three.
.jpg P1000882.JPG

RE: Go North East - Latest - cbma06 - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm)mattdw92 wrote Attached photo of one of the three.

probably another beach themed livery for Seaham?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 3:05 pm)cbma06 wrote probably another beach themed livery for Seaham?

Correct.

(16 Oct 2013, 2:54 pm)mattdw92 wrote Attached photo of one of the three.

It looks out of place, dunno why haha

RE: Go North East - Latest - CatsFast101 - 16 Oct 2013

That could be the reason the 61 is leaving the drifter brand. If the new livery is based around a seaside/marina theme whereas the 61 runs no where near the coast. I'd still like to see something nicer than cadets allocated to the 61 and a new brand for them, it's a popular service surely it makes enough revenue? I'm shocked that the Lambton Worm was given priority over the 61 tbh having a lower PVR (just) and everytime ive seen a 34 they don't appear very busy. Looking forward to seeing the first branded Streetlite though.

RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 16 Oct 2013

(16 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That could be the reason the 61 is leaving the drifter brand. If the new livery is based around a seaside/marina theme whereas the 61 runs no where near the coast. I'd still like to see something nicer than cadets allocated to the 61 and a new brand for them, it's a popular service surely it makes enough revenue? I'm shocked that the Lambton Worm was given priority over the 61 tbh having a lower PVR (just) and everytime ive seen a 34 they don't appear very busy. Looking forward to seeing the first branded Streetlite though.

Is the Drifter brand staying, just with a new colour scheme or is the 60 being completely rebranded, also will 61 just be going Red Northern or still stay with Simplicity as it has been lately?

(16 Oct 2013, 3:38 pm)CatsFast101 wrote That could be the reason the 61 is leaving the drifter brand. If the new livery is based around a seaside/marina theme whereas the 61 runs no where near the coast. I'd still like to see something nicer than cadets allocated to the 61 and a new brand for them, it's a popular service surely it makes enough revenue? I'm shocked that the Lambton Worm was given priority over the 61 tbh having a lower PVR (just) and everytime ive seen a 34 they don't appear very busy. Looking forward to seeing the first branded Streetlite though.

Ye look's like it, shame because iv'e always liked that they had the 60 and 61 branded, it looks like the 61 will be stuck with Cadets until the new year maybe when the Scania's from the 56 are free.