North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - June 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1256)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm)marxistafozzski I would have suggested Houghton or Hetton as they pretty much slap bang in the middle between Newcastle and Hartlepool

Don't Washington have a handful of Vans as well? Instead of using ALL of those for a changeover at Washington - one or two could be used to transport drivers to Houghton?

RE: Go North East - Latest - Adrian - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 9:24 pm)marxistafozzski I would have suggested Houghton or Hetton as they pretty much slap bang in the middle between Newcastle and Hartlepool

May as well just keep the X1 and X35 if that's the case. I see where you're coming from, but perhaps timings could be worked on to allow connections. Unfortunately a lot of services appear to be timed on their own individual merit and connections are an after thought.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 9:33 pm)aureolin May as well just keep the X1 and X35 if that's the case. I see where you're coming from, but perhaps timings could be worked on to allow connections. Unfortunately a lot of services appear to be timed on their own individual merit and connections are an after thought.

I never thought of that. Maybe most X1s run to time as they do now - but they could possibly have a 'once an hour' 'guaranteed' connection. Like they do on railways - where one can't leave until the other pulls in.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 13 Jun 2014

Heres a good idea.

How about GNE do an X8?

Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peterlee Bus Station - Wingate - Hart - Hartlepool University Hospital - Hartlepool

Could co-ordinate it to run every 30 mins with the X7 between Peterlee and Station Town.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 10:28 pm)GMitchelhill Heres a good idea.

How about GNE do an X8?

Newcastle - Gateshead - Heworth - Peterlee Bus Station - Wingate - Hart - Hartlepool University Hospital - Hartlepool

Could co-ordinate it to run every 30 mins with the X7 between Peterlee and Station Town.

If the access roads were better, I would like to see one of the express services call into Dalton Park, but the traffic can be hectic coming off the A19 at times

RE: Go North East - Latest - Coastliner700 - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 9:35 pm)Marcus I never thought of that. Maybe most X1s run to time as they do now - but they could possibly have a 'once an hour' 'guaranteed' connection. Like they do on railways - where one can't leave until the other pulls in.

Go North East withdrew the X5 and introduced the X1 between Newcastle-Easington lane and the portion between Easington Lane-Hartlepool replaced by X35 so would the X5 not be a backward step

RE: Go North East - Latest - Rapidsnap - 13 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 10:32 pm)marxistafozzski If the access roads were better, I would like to see one of the express services call into Dalton Park, but the traffic can be hectic coming off the A19 at times

Going Northbound the access to Dalton Park isn't too bad. But southbound the bus would have to travel about a mile going back on itself to get the A19. Unless they ran the X9 through Easington Village.

As for the Red Arrow, they could maybe run Peak Hour only journeys like they do with the X1A.

Maybe run a X1B from Seaham to Murton then joining up with the main route at Hetton Le Hole.

And also a X1C to Peterlee via Easington Village.

OK it's a longer route, but not forgetting the DWP is a major employer in the Washington area with one of their offices next to the Galleries. And also people can travel to Houghton Le Spring and change onto services to Rainton Bridge.

With the right amount of advertising and promotion, they could build up the customer base and make the route successful. Also with people who don't have cars, it would open up a lot of oppotunities for them to get to work cheaply and without too much hassle.

Re: RE: Go North East - Latest - MrFozz - 14 Jun 2014

(13 Jun 2014, 11:24 pm)GMitchelhill Going Northbound the access to Dalton Park isn't too bad. But southbound the bus would have to travel about a mile going back on itself to get the A19. Unless they ran the X9 through Easington Village.

Yeah, Southbound access is shocking, and on a bad day, could add years to a journey, specially on a busy day.

Recently I have suggested extending the X36 to Hartlepool with Dalton Park as a stopping point or extending 1 or 2 X1's an hour to DP, but until the access is sorted out it will always be awkward to reach Southbound of the 19

RE: Go North East - Latest - Drifter60 - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 5:14 am)marxistafozzski Yeah, Southbound access is shocking, and on a bad day, could add years to a journey, specially on a busy day.

Recently I have suggested extending the X36 to Hartlepool with Dalton Park as a stopping point or extending 1 or 2 X1's an hour to DP, but until the access is sorted out it will always be awkward to reach Southbound of the 19

How about this, every 30 Mins each,
X1 Seaham, Houghton-Seaton-Station Road-Seaham
X1 Easington Lane, Houghton-Hetton-Easington Lane
X1 Dalton Park, Houghton-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2014

I had 4931 on the X25 this morning to Wrekenton - and a mother, father and 20-odd year old son got on close to my stop. It was already chokka, and as I put my bag on the seat next to me to get ready to alight, the son found he didn't see a seat. His parents had the back row - (three seats taken up with their stuff), and as he said he was going to sit down at the front, his father said 'no you won't'. He then picked up my bag (without my permission) and threw it at me and told his son to sit down! Goodness me, that's the worst type of person to be on a bus with! Dodgy

I couldn't help but notice while I had 6086 and 6090 on the 56 - that the announcements seemed to be inconsistent. On 6086, they were really quiet and sounded like they were in Welsh! Tongue

On 6090 - it sounded it about 3 different people were doing them!

(14 Jun 2014, 1:32 pm)Marcus I had 4931 on the X25 this morning to Wrekenton - and a mother, father and 20-odd year old son got on close to my stop. It was already chokka, and as I put my bag on the seat next to me to get ready to alight, the son found he didn't see a seat. His parents had the back row - (three seats taken up with their stuff), and as he said he was going to sit down at the front, his father said 'no you won't'. He then picked up my bag (without my permission) and threw it at me and told his son to sit down! Goodness me, that's the worst type of person to be on a bus with! Dodgy

I couldn't help but notice while I had 6086 and 6090 on the 56 - that the announcements seemed to be inconsistent. On 6086, they were really quiet and sounded like they were in Welsh! Tongue

On 6090 - it sounded it about 3 different people were doing them!

Sounds like an utter bell end

RE: Go North East - Latest - citaro5284 - 14 Jun 2014

(12 Jun 2014, 10:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote a big post, lost signal and it vanished.

That seems to happen to you quite often....

RE: Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 2:51 pm)citaro5284 That seems to happen to you quite often....

It does unfortunately.
I blamed the hotel WiFi this time.

RE: Go North East - Latest - Dan - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 2:55 pm)Andreos Constantopolous It does unfortunately.
I blamed the hotel WiFi this time.

Good job it wasn't the fault of the Wi-Fi on the Angel, eh?! Tongue

For anyone interested - I hung around the Metrocentre and Eldon Square for a bit today, and every TEN had working Wi-Fi. Didn't test any of the others.

RE: Go North East - Latest - R852 PRG - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 3:04 pm)Dan Good job it wasn't the fault of the Wi-Fi on the Angel, eh?! Tongue

For anyone interested - I hung around the Metrocentre and Eldon Square for a bit today, and every TEN had working Wi-Fi. Didn't test any of the others.

6058 and 6069 not working today! Sad

Nor was 6086, 6090 or 6005

RE: Go North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 14 Jun 2014

(14 Jun 2014, 3:04 pm)Dan Good job it wasn't the fault of the Wi-Fi on the Angel, eh?! Tongue

Not working on 6044 or 6116. However, both Arriva vehicles I've been on today that advertise having WiFi actually had working WiFi.

I would need to find a vehicle that had WiFi on in the first place, in order to use it :p
Judging by posts on the rare workings thread over the last week or so, finding a branded b5 on the 21, is as likely as finding a full b9 allocation on the x9/10 or finding a hen with teeth Big Grin

Looks like you hit lucky with the working WiFi mind! Marcus and Kuyoyo haven't had much joy.

(12 Jun 2014, 10:53 pm)Andreos Constantopolous Wrote a big post, lost signal and it vanished.

@busman101 - granted, point to point the 638 wont have carried many (AdamY apart) - but if it doesn't work commercially, why is the combined pvr of the replacement services, exceed the 638?

@Marcus - aye, they interworked. Used a hotch potch of vehicles initially, inc Plaxton Verde's off the 638, before the Solars which are on the x84/85 were purchased/branded.

@Fozz - Yup. Mates often got the first 231 after a night out. Was on a Superliner coach, that the Avenue Vivienne lot smashed up with a brick one night.

Do what I do when needing to write a big post, write it in a notepad up

(14 Jun 2014, 11:31 am)Drifter60 How about this, every 30 Mins each,
X1 Seaham, Houghton-Seaton-Station Road-Seaham
X1 Easington Lane, Houghton-Hetton-Easington Lane
X1 Dalton Park, Houghton-Hetton-Murton-Dalton Park

This maybe needs to be moved to Service Suggestions along with other recent additions to this thread...I will post my ideas in there

(14 Jun 2014, 3:37 pm)marxistafozzski Do what I do when needing to write a big post, write it in a notepad up

This maybe needs to be moved to Service Suggestions along with other recent additions to this thread...I will post my ideas in there

To be honest, it doesn't happen that much on this phone, but often did on my old one.
Started copying text, on the off chance something goes wrong - but after several pints and a phone reboot, there isn't much chance of the copy/paste function working Wink

(14 Jun 2014, 3:51 pm)Andreos Constantopolous To be honest, it doesn't happen that much on this phone, but often did on my old one.
Started copying text, on the off chance something goes wrong - but after several pints and a phone reboot, there isn't much chance of the copy/paste function working Wink

I know what you mean mate, when I have a few too many pints I Struggle To Even See The Screen On My phone