North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1309)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - ross13 - 30 Mar 2014

Looking at the fleetnews it states dart 1302 has now gone to durham dnt quote me but im 97% sure this was still working for darlo yesterday on the 8 board

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - robisdave - 31 Mar 2014

Full double deck operation again today on services 81/81a Redcar-Guisborough-Stokesley. Seemingly Redcar are loathe to let them travel that far on account of the recovery costs!

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 31 Mar 2014

Anyone know why Ashington-based Volvo B7 7484 is currently parked at Stockton? See photo here.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - robisdave15 - 31 Mar 2014

Isn't this one originally intended to be one of those to be allocated to Redcar for use on services 81/81a? ( Well that's where you can find the Redcar deckers!)

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 6:36 am)Dan wrote Anyone know why Ashington-based Volvo B7 7484 is currently parked at Stockton? See photo here.

Was on our chassis wash on Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Should be going back to Ashington once they pick it up I guess.
Temsa 4702 was also in our yard on Friday afternoon

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - robisdave - 31 Mar 2014

Thanks for your PM and help Scott. Just on way into Boro on a clean and fit E400. Don't know which one but someone at Redcar must have slipped up! Got a question for you later please! Will PM you from home. Have s good day.

I am told 1654 has arrived at Redcar and is in use on 63 today, it is of course repainted !

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - ross13 - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 9:43 am)tyresmoke wrote I am told 1654 has arrived at Redcar and is in use on 63 today, it is of course repainted !

Dart 1302 has yet to transfer to durham as it is still in use with darlington today on the service 8

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - David McGloin - 31 Mar 2014

One of the deckers come off 81 today as 4095 is now on it

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - buznut - 31 Mar 2014

Northern echo reports bus incident in stockton today.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11114684.Road_closed_after_bus_and_car_collide_injuring_up_to_six_people/?ref=var_0

(31 Mar 2014, 2:58 pm)buznut wrote Northern echo reports bus incident in stockton today.
http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/11114684.Road_closed_after_bus_and_car_collide_injuring_up_to_six_people/?ref=var_0

Pulsar 1489 involved

Doesn't look good. Hope all are OK? Just send you that PM?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Tom - 31 Mar 2014

Few questions as I'm struggling to understand how the rotas on the 33, 57/57A, X14, X15 and X18 work.

How can the drivers do a Morpeth-Berwick and back, without having a break, as it would be past the maximum legal driving times.
Also, how the the 33/57/X14 rotas work from Blyth? Can't understand it.

Hope everyone will make a good recovery after that incident on Teesside.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - VolvoMarkII - 31 Mar 2014

Don't the X15 and X18 relieve in Alnwick?

Also, im sure the 33, 57 and X14 are Ashington operated. The 57 is shared with Blyth.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 4:36 pm)VolvoMarkII wrote Don't the X15 and X18 relieve in Alnwick?

Also, im sure the 33, 57 and X14 are Ashington operated. The 57 is shared with Blyth.

33/57a/X14 is operated jointly by Ashington and Blyth depots. I think the daytime 57 is worked entirely by Ashington.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Roland Pratt - 31 Mar 2014

(28 Mar 2014, 9:54 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote I do understand but how are operators going to cope where they need the capacity of a heavyweight double deck vehicle but can't justify the expense of an Astromega and can't compromise capacity by operating a heavyweight single deck vehicle? Are they going to operate a lightweight double deck vehicle and suffer from frequent reliability problems or will frequencies be increased with a heavyweight single deck vehicle like the B8RLE at a loss? Do you really want to know who I'm angry with becuase of all of this emissions crap? Brussels!

Totally agree.

(29 Mar 2014, 8:50 am)JoshP wrote I'd like to see the ugly Omnicities transferred from Darlington and the Temsa's to replace them on the X66. Won't happen though.

Are you joking? From coaches to DP Omnicities to Temsas?!

(30 Mar 2014, 12:34 am)aureolin wrote Doesn't help Arriva's customers with their multi trip products, does it? Good on Arriva I say.

Agree. Originally they accepted Arriva day tickets etc but not any more.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 31 Mar 2014

If the source on here from the other day was correct about the X18 being changed from B9TL to E400's, with Ariva ordering 6 in Sapphire spec for the X21 and X22, will they take the plunge and do the same with the X18?

Also, what other routes in the "Northumbria" area do you think will get a sparkle in the near future? I'd say that the next likely candidate will be the the X10 and X11. I'd also say that the 308 could be a potential candidate too but I don't know whether or not the B5LH could have power sockets fitted.

(30 Mar 2014, 9:49 am)VolvoMarkII wrote Considering they cant make any amendments until July, due to the VPA
agreements, how do you know that they are not planning to address it?

Can't make any amendments? They brought in a change a week or so after the changes!

(28 Mar 2014, 10:25 pm)tyresmoke wrote The Omnicities are due for a well needed refurbishment this summer, I'm not sure when but they'll probably be after some of the new stock arrives. No doubt it'll give some Prestiges an extended stay to cover them. Once refurbished I think they'll be allocated to different depots than at present, though...

I think we'll see more Temsas stay at Redcar than expected as a result, with only a handful moving out. From what I've been told, as they're such a non standard batch, a lot of parts are not available quickly and therefore have to be specially ordered. Hence when they are VOR, it can be for long periods even for what you would think would be simple fixes. A new piece of glass can take 2-3 weeks to arrive for example. Therefore the idea was to spread them between the depots to help minimise the effect on one depot (ie Redcar) by spreading the issue between 2 or 3 depots instead.

So what's changed?!

(31 Mar 2014, 5:11 pm)Davey Bowyer wrote If the source on here from the other day was correct about the X18 being changed from B9TL to E400's, with Ariva ordering 6 in Sapphire spec for the X21 and X22, will they take the plunge and do the same with the X18?

Also, what other routes in the "Northumbria" area do you think will get a sparkle in the near future? I'd say that the next likely candidate will be the the X10 and X11. I'd also say that the 308 could be a potential candidate too but I don't know whether or not the B5LH could have power sockets fitted.

Think the X10/X11 could get upgraded to Sapphire in 2016, with Geminis transferring to Jesmond for the 43/44/45.

I'm assuming here,given my limited knowledge that the Tyne-Tees express is operated using B9TL's? Always been impressed and thought, if money/revenue was available they would work well on our X93's?

(31 Mar 2014, 5:18 pm)robisdave15 wrote I'm assuming here,given my limited knowledge that the Tyne-Tees express is operated using B9TL's? Always been impressed and thought, if money/revenue was available they would work well on our X93's?

Yes, they are. But the TTX is a GNE service.

(31 Mar 2014, 5:18 pm)robisdave15 wrote I'm assuming here,given my limited knowledge that the Tyne-Tees express is operated using B9TL's? Always been impressed and thought, if money/revenue was available they would work well on our X93's?

The B9TL won't be available anymore come the time the X93 order is placed.

LIke I said, I've limited knowledge on types but plenty on that we'll never have new buses on the x93 for as long as they can bring the cast offs up here.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Davey Bowyer - 31 Mar 2014

It's a shame that Volvo have stopped producing the B9TL. However, with a bit of hope, if Volvo get enough feedback from operators who need power, then they'll either give operators the option of the B8TL or,
keep the B9TL in production if not too late and make it compliant with Euro 6.

The change to service 6 today didn't go completely to plan (the ticket machines failed to register the updated duties, and the 1810 Middlesbrough-Fairfield operated with the wrong screen displayed due to an non-updated list), but the allocating is as followed for the Fairfield journeys:
0728 Fairfield-Middlesbrough is on the front of a 27 working
1810 Middlesbrough-Fairfield is on the end of a 9 board (works light from Netherfields after the 1727 27a).

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - VolvoMarkII - 31 Mar 2014

(31 Mar 2014, 5:13 pm)Roland Pratt wrote Can't make any amendments? They brought in a change a week or so after the changes!

Purely to accommodate a school movement, yes.

Slighty more important than addressing connection times, hence the justification for doing so.