North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 9:14 am)CatsFast101 wrote Well the evening & Sunday 34's heading to Waldridge Park take about 10 Mins longer and require a change at Chester-Le-Street. My understanding was that a 28 came in set down at south burns at 20:45 then goes round onto Front Street to work the remaining part of the 34A to Waldridge Park, leaving at 20:52. Then the bus that did 20:26 34A departure from Ouston gets into Chester for 20:42, drops off any through passengers on front street then runs round and does the 20:50 departure on the 28B at South Burns. It's the same on a Sunday 11:26 34A departure from Ouston does the same, drops off through passengers on front street at 11:42, runs round to South Bjrns for the 11:47 28 departure. The 28 from Newcastle would get into Chester at 11:48 then it runs round to front street to work the remaining 34A to Waldridge Park at 11:52.

On the evenings, I think it's a pointless interworking as on Sunday it's because the route takes a little more than hour (including layover times) so thats why the interworking allows them to have extra time. However on evenings, i think 5 mins layover at South Burns in adequet in my opinion so I'm not sure why this happens, as it only case as disruption to through passengers on the 34- which if unavoidable fair enough I suppose, but in this case I don't see why it needs to? Anyone got any ideas? It must happen as I have no other reasons hy the 34A's need a change of buses in Chester. The only explanation I have is that this way means the 34A takes up a wholly one hour cycle, as the route doesn't really allow for much layover either side at Ouston/Urpeth or at Waldridge Park, so the extra time to keep the service on track is used in Chester on the route forward, and interworking allows them to kill time (so it becomes an hour round trip) and also helps with time keeping.

The Sunday services def interwork - I have seen it and Gtomlinson spotted it when having a pint in the Market Tavern.
I haven't been to Chester on an evening for a long time now, so couldn't say either way about Mon-Fri interworkings.

RE: Go North East - Dan - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 11:06 am)CatsFast101 wrote And what confirmation do we have of an X7 upgrade? I didn't know that had been said, could the M1 Solars not be for WTX & the Waggonway (4+5=9) then the other 2 I'm not sure where they'll end up. Then as for the 34 Renowns or the simplicity Versa's is my only thought. Otherwise I'm not sure where new buses for the X7 will come from unless they are going to order some new buses for the X7? Loadings are very good now, I'd argue one of the fastest growing routes in recent times, it started steady but now a lot of people are using it as it provides a lot of newer or faster connections.

Without going through all of the posts made by our Go North East representatives, I'm fairly positive it has been confirmed. Original speculation between members led to the confirmation, after one member suggested that the upgrade wouldn't occur so quickly because the brand looked fairly expensive to create. Another member then confirmed that the gold "X" is only a vinyl, so isn't as expensive as one may have thought without that knowledge.

I'm sure it was confirmed that 4956-60 were for "The Waggonway", 4961-64 were for "Wear Tees Xpress", while 4965-66 were to be put into the generic "Northern" livery.

RE: Go North East - Tom - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 11:01 am)Daniel wrote If Deptford were not to be helped out a little, Crook's "The OK Way" service 18 could potentially be extended, as has been requested many a time. PVR would increase by 1, and the three spare Versas from the "Drifter" brand could go to "The OK Way" instead of just two.

Where did people requested the 18 to be extended to?

(13 Aug 2013, 11:43 am)W179SCU wrote Where did people requested the 18 to be extended to?

I'm not sure of specific details, but I know it has been suggested from a number of people to GNE management that the service was extended.

RE: Go North East - Wellsey18 - 13 Aug 2013

Mpd 504 has been internally refurbished with the new go moquette looks quite smart actually

(13 Aug 2013, 11:43 am)W179SCU wrote Where did people requested the 18 to be extended to?

Middlesbrough? :p

(13 Aug 2013, 12:10 pm)Wellsey18 wrote Mpd 504 has been internally refurbished with the new go moquette looks quite smart actually

MPD 504 has been refurbished since 26/07, when she was sent to Gateshead and Percy Main for a few days. She was refurbished and then MOT'd, I believe. Her presence at Gateshead was noted here, however it seems I forgot to note about her being refurbished (though I seemed to mention it on another group instead..oops!)

Does anyone know if any "East Durham" branded MPDs have not been refurbished yet? I'm sure the majority have been done now.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 13 Aug 2013

Couple more new style timetables have being uploaded...

307 - Northen, Doesn't it interwork with the 17/17A?
309/X39 new timetable has being uploaded...

78/78A has now being uploaded... yesterday it was opening the 8 timetable, so now

8/78A/V8 is on one timetable
78/78A is on one timetable.

X84/X85 requires 4 buses.

RE: Go North East - Tom - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 12:24 pm)Michael wrote Couple more new style timetables have being uploaded...

78/78A has now being uploaded... yesterday it was opening the 8 timetable, so now

Yeah, the 307 does interwork with the 17 (not 17A as that doesn't go to ASDA)

(13 Aug 2013, 12:30 pm)W179SCU wrote Yeah, the 307 does interwork with the 17 (not 17A as that doesn't go to ASDA)

Cheer's i wasn't sure! =)

RE: Go North East - gtom - 13 Aug 2013

Speaking of inter working, what does the X22 work with outside of term time?

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 12:24 pm)Michael wrote Couple more new style timetables have being uploaded...

I don't see why they haven't just done a lime timetable including the 8, 78, 78A & V8. Like they did with the East Durham, there's one big timetable that includes all buses (excl. 259) with another timetable for Belmont, durham & pittington service showing the 259, 260 & 265. I was hoping they'd also do a big new venture timetable in the same style as East Durham. It also helps customers who purchase a East Durham or Lime day saver know where they can travel on it.

RE: Go North East - big mac - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 11:06 am)CatsFast101 wrote Loadings are very good now, I'd argue one of the fastest growing routes in recent times, it started steady but now a lot of people are using it as it provides a lot of newer or faster connections.

It's been a while since I've used the X7, but one thing I did notice was that the loadings were pretty good on the Sunderland-Peterlee section of the route, but much less well used beyond Peterlee to Middlesbrough. Are more people now using it as it branded ie. a Wear Tees Express?

(13 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm)gtomlinson wrote Speaking of inter working, what does the X22 work with outside of term time?

Nothing I don't believe. Looking the timetable I'd suggest it's standalone.

(13 Aug 2013, 1:21 pm)big mac wrote It's been a while since I've used the X7, but one thing I did notice was that the loadings were pretty good on the Sunderland-Peterlee section of the route, but much less well used beyond Peterlee to Middlesbrough. Are more people now using it as it branded ie. a Wear Tees Express?

I nearly said that myself. Sunderland-Peterlee (where I most commonly use it) very good. Not as good towards Middlesbrough it maybe a cause of those doing Peterlee-Middlesbrough can use the X9 quicker (only 10 minutes but still). I think it's decent towards Wingate & StationTown but then are many passengers there switching to use GNE to travel further south? I have seen X7's leave Peterlee towards Middlesbrough looking busier than X9's in the same direction.

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Nothing I don't believe. Looking the timetable I'd suggest it's standalone.

I think you're right. I believe the only difference is that during term time, some services don't run, whereas during the holidays there are 'extra' X22 services.

new 39 timetable has being uploaded.. and guess what! its branded as Doxford clipper on a MPD!

Plus i can't see any differences to the timetable only the 39 is now in black... id laugh if they uploaded the wrong timetable haha

Few more services have being giving the new style for the changes.

X21
X25
X30/X31/X70/X71
X39 - Cobalt express timetable
X40/40A
X46

Services which hasn't got new timetable style yet (changes only)

V1/V2
V8/V9
17/17A
X84/X85
88/88A

(13 Aug 2013, 1:22 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I nearly said that myself. Sunderland-Peterlee (where I most commonly use it) very good. Not as good towards Middlesbrough it maybe a cause of those doing Peterlee-Middlesbrough can use the X9 quicker (only 10 minutes but still). I think it's decent towards Wingate & StationTown but then are many passengers there switching to use GNE to travel further south? I have seen X7's leave Peterlee towards Middlesbrough looking busier than X9's in the same direction.

I think the problem is that passengers can travel from Sunderland (xx38) to Peterlee (xx08), and meet a connection with the X9 from Peterlee (xx17) and get to Middlesbrough earlier than they can if they just stay on the X7 - with the additional "luxury" of free WiFi and plug sockets (xx50 on the X9 as opposed to xx00 on the X7).

Despite being a huge fan of the X7 service, I always go for that connection with the X9 because I like having the option to charge my phone, camera, whatever, and have the extra ten minutes in Middlesbrough for easier connections.

Just so I'm not clogging up this thread with suggestions for Go North East, I've drafted out some suggestions in our dedicated thread that serves that purpose here Wink

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 10:06 am)Daniel wrote http://northeastbuses.co.uk/gnefleetsearch.php?fleetno=®=&chassis=&bodywork=&depot=&livery=plum&year=
Five vehicles have been repainted into a plum base livery. The "Wear Tees Xpress" X7 PVR is three, and Deptford holds a branded spare also. Five vehicles wouldn't be repainted into this plum livery for the "Wear Tees Xpress", four would.

I think they'll make it a PVR of 5 so that there are 2 Spares, One at Sunderland if there is a brake down that way or nearby, then one at Peterlee to cover a brake down between Peterlee and Middlesbrough, then have the other 3 out in service.

EDIT by Dan: Corrected the quote.

(13 Aug 2013, 4:16 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote I think they'll make it a PVR of 5 so that there are 2 Spares, One at Sunderland if there is a brake down that way or nearby, then one at Peterlee to cover a brake down between Peterlee and Middlesbrough, then have the other 3 out in service.

I thought that originally to help with reliability and therefore increase passenger loyalty, but I'm told Peterlee is not allowed to hold a branded "Wear Tees Xpress" B10BLE spare - so that can't happen.
It's not all down to Deptford's engineers dealing with "Wear Tees Xpress" issues. :p

(13 Aug 2013, 4:19 pm)Daniel wrote I thought that originally to help with reliability and therefore increase passenger loyalty, but I'm told Peterlee is not allowed to hold a branded "Wear Tees Xpress" B10BLE spare - so that can't happen.
It's not all down to Deptford's engineers dealing with "Wear Tees Xpress" issues. :p

Peterlee aren't allowed to hold a branded spare? Could you elaborate on that? I'm sure when the WTX started the plan was for all 4 vehicles to remain at Peterlee. I assumed they later decided to keep the spare at Deptford to cover breakdowns at Sunderland.

(13 Aug 2013, 4:29 pm)CatsFast101 wrote Peterlee aren't allowed to hold a branded spare? Could you elaborate on that? I'm sure when the WTX started the plan was for all 4 vehicles to remain at Peterlee. I assumed they later decided to keep the spare at Deptford to cover breakdowns at Sunderland.

That's what I've been told!
The plan was always for one to remain at Deptford. Has been the case since Day 1 of service, when one had to be replaced due to heating issues.
When a problem occurs on one of the "Wear Tees Xpress", it is dealt with by a Deptford engineer. The previous "Wear Tees Xpress" branded vehicle to have incurred a problem is the engineer's transportation to the place where the problem has occurred and the driver then takes that off the engineer while the engineer takes the broken one.
I thought that was the only factor that determined why Peterlee didn't have a branded spare, but I have recently been informed, after suggesting the above that one branded vehicle remains at each depot, that Peterlee is not allowed to have one.

EDIT: Assuming the vehicle cannot be fixed in time for the next breakdown or general problem, a Deptford-based "Northern" branded vehicle (Cadet or Renown) has to cover. If the problem is at Peterlee and there is a spare bus at the station, they're allowed to take an "East Durham" branded MPD until the Deptford engineer turns up. Meant to be swapped straight away when that happens, but is not always the case.

I've also just noticed that the northern routes have visit simplygo.com/northern on them! When's there's No such page as northern wouldn't it be best to just show simplygo.com? Sloppy Go North East strikes again.

its ok, it happens, they seem to be getting sloppy with most things....

The new 39 timetable has still got it as Doxford clipper branded.. unless we seen it on the MPD again... which on the list changes classed it as Northen 39.
Not telling people full details of minor changes on changes to services...
Weeks behind re-paints etc for fleet allocation

RE: Go North East - BJ10VUS - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 6:56 pm)Michael wrote its ok, it happens, they seem to be getting sloppy with most things....

'Minor changes to the 391'
They haven't even mentioned the fact they're withdrawing the 392!

http://www.simplygo.com/view-all-timetables/?timetable_keywords=391&timetable_keywordsTo=

Go North East - Part 18 - Malarkey - 13 Aug 2013

628 Sunderland Connect on the 73, 3rd off working in 4 days, having worked the X36 on Saturday and the 238 Yesterday
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9505152740/

5206 FAB56 on the 38
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9502354249/

4913 on the X7
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9505153478/

3974 on the 35
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9502354975/

4907 WTX on Deptford Staff Shuttle
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9502354953/

And finally a few more Stockton Road Diversion photos.

5304 on the 35
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9505152728/

5309 on the 35
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9502353583/

4937 on the 56
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9502354667/

PB0003954/372 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Consett Bus Station and Chopwell, East Street given service number V9 effective from 01-Sep-2013. To amend Timetable.

PB0003954/528 - GO NORTH EAST LIMITED, 117 QUEEN STREET, GATESHEAD, NE8 2UA
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Winlaton Bus Station and Team Valley South given service number 90 effective from 01-Sep-2013. To amend Timetable.

tad late

RE: Go North East - gtom - 13 Aug 2013

Re- changes.

X25

17.18 Waldridge to Newcastle now terminates at Chester Le Street (SAT)

18.30 Newcastle - Waldridge withdrawn (SAT)

Leaves a service gap of 17.55 to 19.20 on a Saturday now

18.45 Newcastle to Chester (M-F) withdrawn

Leaves a service gap of 18.06 to 19.20

(13 Aug 2013, 7:19 pm)gtomlinson wrote Re- changes.

X25

17.18 Waldridge to Newcastle now terminates at Chester Le Street (SAT)

18.30 Newcastle - Waldridge withdrawn (SAT)

Leaves a service gap of 17.55 to 19.20 on a Saturday now

18.45 Newcastle to Chester (M-F) withdrawn

Leaves a service gap of 18.06 to 19.20

So if someone relies on the X25 after being to the match, they're either going to have a mad dash or a long wait.

I wonder how many of these changes are down to cost cutting, driver shortages or drivers hours regs, opposed to the economic viability of certain services?

RE: Go North East - CitaroFavourite - 13 Aug 2013

the maroon metrolink buses are for waggonway some are for lambton worm to be repainted while the last 2 are Northern red i got this info from Daniel Annis ask him he would tell ya he is a saltmeadows driver

(13 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote the maroon metrolink buses are for waggonway some are for lambton worm to be repainted while the last 2 are Northern red i got this info from Daniel Annis ask him he would tell ya he is a saltmeadows driver

I would define them as plum tbh.. And where does that leave the WTX?