North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - September 2014 (/showthread.php?tid=1315)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Tom - 28 Sep 2014

(28 Sep 2014, 7:22 pm)Marcus Fair enough, I'm not too keen on the MAX livery myself, but I think it doesn't look half bad on that Omni. To me, in it's base livery, it looks like an upgraded version of the corporate livery. Just my opinion, like.

I think it looks fine on the Geminis, but nothing flash. On the Omnicities it doesn't look right, it looks absolutely vile. 
That's just my opinion too. 

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - JoshP - 28 Sep 2014

(28 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm)Tom I think it looks fine on the Geminis, but nothing flash. On the Omnicities it doesn't look right, it looks absolutely vile. 
That's just my opinion too. 

Yeah on the Gemini's and E400's it looks nice, but the face of the Omni's in the Max livery, it really is vulgar! Should have allocated Pulsars instead it would have been a nicer journey on the X66 and it would actually suit the livery better. Arriva have messed up here using Omni's and applying this vile paint job 

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - S813 FVK - 28 Sep 2014

Just to throw my opinion into the mix:

I quite like the MAX livery on all vehicles, nothing over the top and is quite simple and the difference between Sapphire and MAX can clearly be seen which is what im sure Arriva want.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 28 Sep 2014

(28 Sep 2014, 7:36 pm)JoshP Yeah on the Gemini's and E400's it looks nice, but the face of the Omni's in the Max livery, it really is vulgar! Should have allocated Pulsars instead it would have been a nicer journey on the X66 and it would actually suit the livery better. Arriva have messed up here using Omni's and applying this vile paint job 

Because there's OmniCitys free unlike Pulsars! 3 of Stockton's Pulsars (1441-3) will be getting the 'MAX' factor next year for the X1/X2. OmniCitys are also more suited to long distance work like the X15 compared to Pulsars.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Jimmi - 28 Sep 2014

I don't mind the Max livery and I think the Omnicitys will look good once they get branded, might be difficult to see in the dark on a night.

Looking forward to when they are done for the X66 as some of the seats at the moment are horrendous to sit on even for only 45 minutes especially on 4644 which is my least favourite Omnicity.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 28 Sep 2014

On the topic of Pulsars and refurbishments...

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Jimmi - 28 Sep 2014

Quote:On the topic of Pulsars and refurbishments...
Oh dear!
Some of Arriva seat re-trims over the years have been horrific, I remember when they refurbished 4056 within 6 months they had 3 different styles of fabric on the seats and many of them were uncomfortable to sit on... And half the panels above the lights were swinging open.

Re: RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 29 Sep 2014

(28 Sep 2014, 7:36 pm)JoshP Yeah on the Gemini's and E400's it looks nice, but the face of the Omni's in the Max livery, it really is vulgar! Should have allocated Pulsars instead it would have been a nicer journey on the X66 and it would actually suit the livery better. Arriva have messed up here using Omni's and applying this vile paint job 
I think it looks better on the Geminis because of the curve on the front matching the curve of the windscreen...

They didn't bother with that curve on the front of the bus with the E400s, and I'm not particularly fond of the way they've done it. They didn't bother with the 'swoop' as they did on the Geminis and OmniCity too...

The livery on the Geminis has grown on me somewhat, but imo still lacks impact, and the colour of the vinyls should have been thought through more.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 6:59 am)Dan I think it looks better on the Geminis because of the curve on the front matching the curve of the windscreen...

They didn't bother with that curve on the front of the bus with the E400s, and I'm not particularly fond of the way they've done it. They didn't bother with the 'swoop' as they did on the Geminis and OmniCity too...

The livery on the Geminis has grown on me somewhat, but imo still lacks impact, and the colour of the vinyls should have been thought through more.

So have we any idea when the Enviro400s at Ashington will gain "MAX" branding for service X18? Pretty poor to have brand new vehicles going around unbranded, and I'd expect more from a brand which is supposed to achieve MAXimum impact...

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 8:01 pm)Dan So have we any idea when the Enviro400s at Ashington will gain "MAX" branding for service X18? Pretty poor to have brand new vehicles going around unbranded, and I'd expect more from a brand which is supposed to achieve MAXimum impact...

Launch isn't until the service changes in November, so likely be round about then

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 8:03 pm)Kuyoyo Launch isn't until the service changes in November, so likely be round about then

Ooof..

Why launch them in November, if you're going to 'launch' them by having them out in service in mid-September?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - tyresmoke - 29 Sep 2014

Joint launch between the X15 and X18 I believe Dan. The X15 vehicles are starting to return from Blackburn now (4653/9 at Ashington, still awaiting the Enviros).
There was some question over whether we should include Berwick on the X18 branding or not, with it going summer only after October (funded extension through the winter withdrawn by Northumberland CC)

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Tom - 29 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 8:31 pm)tyresmoke Joint launch between the X15 and X18 I believe Dan. The X15 vehicles are starting to return from Blackburn now (4653/9 at Ashington, still awaiting the Enviros).
There was some question over whether we should include Berwick on the X18 branding or not, with it going summer only after October (funded extension through the winter withdrawn by Northumberland CC)

What are the route changes Scott?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - passenger_10 - 29 Sep 2014

On Berwick Town Council's website there's a news item from the 3rd September about a "consultation" from Northumberland County Council concerning proposed changes to the X15 and X18 starting from the 9th November.

The proposals apparently include:
- On Mondays to Saturdays the X18 will no longer serve High Newton by-the-sea
-The 07:52, 12:02 and 16:02 X18s north from Alnwick will still run all the way to Berwick and back with the time saved by not serving High Newton absorbed along the coast so the buses still serve Belford at the same time each hour as the X15. The 07:03 south from Belford will still run too.
-All the other X18 journeys will be replaced by Travelsure operated 418's. These journeys would serve High Newton and Denwick, but only run as far as Belford.
-From memory the Sunday timetable is the same as it is now, but the Arriva jouneys that serve High Newton will be numbered 418 north of Alnwick, those that don't will be the X18 all the way to Berwick and back.

There are also a couple of proposed changed on the X15 to early morning and late evening services, the biggest being the last bus of the day north which currently stops at Belford will be stopping at Alnwick.

Of course things may have changed since the start of September...

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Tom - 30 Sep 2014

(29 Sep 2014, 10:49 pm)passenger_10 On Berwick Town Council's website there's a news item from the 3rd September about a "consultation" from Northumberland County Council concerning proposed changes to the X15 and X18 starting from the 9th November.

The proposals apparently include:
- On Mondays to Saturdays the X18 will no longer serve High Newton by-the-sea
-The 07:52, 12:02 and 16:02 X18s north from Alnwick will still run all the way to Berwick and back with the time saved by not serving High Newton absorbed along the coast so the buses still serve Belford at the same time each hour as the X15. The 07:03 south from Belford will still run too.
-All the other X18 journeys will be replaced by Travelsure operated 418's. These journeys would serve High Newton and Denwick, but only run as far as Belford.
-From memory the Sunday timetable is the same as it is now, but the Arriva jouneys that serve High Newton will be numbered 418 north of Alnwick, those that don't will be the X18 all the way to Berwick and back.

There are also a couple of proposed changed on the X15 to early morning and late evening services, the biggest being the last bus of the day north which currently stops at Belford will be stopping at Alnwick.

Of course things may have changed since the start of September...

Cheers for that. Hopefully reliability will improve. 

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - cbma06 - 30 Sep 2014

looks horrible the Omni's into base max livery. Are the Omni's due for repaint or something?, the max livery would be suited on the pulsars.

are the streelites for service 23 be launched on 26th October for the East Durham changes?.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Kuyoyo - 30 Sep 2014

7511, 7512 and 7513 have returned from refurbishment.

Photos @ Steven Hodgson

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Dan - 30 Sep 2014

(30 Sep 2014, 5:03 pm)Kuyoyo 7511, 7512 and 7513 have returned from refurbishment.

Photos @ Steven Hodgson

Another different style of "MAX" base livery? Really..?

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Bristol Stomper - 30 Sep 2014

Don't agree. Like the livery, and much prefer Omnicities to Pulsars.

RE: Arriva North East - Latest - Bristol Stomper - 30 Sep 2014

(30 Sep 2014, 8:58 am)cbma06 looks horrible the Omni's into base max livery. Are the Omni's due for repaint or something?, the max livery would be suited on the pulsars.

are the streelites for service 23 be launched on 26th October for the East Durham changes?.

Are the Omnis 'due' for a repaint? Well that's never been the criteria for Arriva repainting anything. Some of the Prestiges went their full 15 years without a repaint!
4651 etc haven't been done since new but it will be some of the batch's third time!