North East Buses
Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Arriva North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=56)
+--- Thread: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=1403)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Tom - 31 Mar 2015

Is 1712 in service still?

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 4:36 pm)Tom wrote Is 1712 in service still?
No.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Tom - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 4:42 pm)Jimmi wrote No.

Ah thought it was still at Blyth. 

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Jimmi - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 4:43 pm)Tom wrote Ah thought it was still at Blyth. 
Sure this question came up the other week and someone said it was withdrawn at Darlington depot?

Ah it might have done. Not by me though!

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - omnicity4659 - 31 Mar 2015

Rolleyes

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - forster - 31 Mar 2015

1712 has not been at Blyth for quite some time now.

Not as bad as some services tonight!

Bus 53 17:05 North Shields Town Centre C to Cramlington Dudley Lane shops + 17
Bus X9 17:36 Cobalt Business Park to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 20
Bus X11 17:08 Blyth Bus station to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 19

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - omnicity4659 - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:09 pm)Tom wrote Not as bad as some services tonight!

Bus 53 17:05 North Shields Town Centre C to Cramlington Dudley Lane shops + 17
Bus X9 17:36 Cobalt Business Park to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 20
Bus X11 17:08 Blyth Bus station to Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station + 19

I see that everyone on that bus is currently applying for the Key Wink 

Bus 46 Fenham Newcastle General Hospital
Last reporting position transmitted -1 minute(s) ago
Stop/Station Scheduled Status
Newcastle Great Park 17:45
Newcastle upon Tyne Haymarket Bus Station 18:09 + 7
Newcastle upon Tyne Rvi-Dental Hospital 18:13 + 7
Fenham Newcastle General Hospital 18:20 + 7

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - S813 FVK - 31 Mar 2015

E400s NK15 DZR and NK15 DZS arrived today:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/16368883724/
https://www.flickr.com/photos/nebp2/16989892632/in/photostream/

(31 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm)Robert wrote E400s NK15 DZR and NK15 DZS arrived today:
Surprised they have white LED screens when the Pulsars don't have white LED screens.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - PH - BQA - 31 Mar 2015

It's acceptable this time of night to be honest, maybe not the journeys that are 20+ late, but with rush hour traffic, I'd expect my bus to be late if it's coming from /in Newcastle, absolute nightmare to get out of.

I'm a bit surprised as well, especially as Arrivas excuse for not getting them in 7522-8 was "the refurbished examples won't have them" (or words to that effect)

(31 Mar 2015, 5:23 pm)Jimmi wrote Surprised they have white LED screens when the Pulsars don't have white LED screens.

They're making a right cock-up with this mind, orange destys and white destys.

It probably won't have full rear destys or white side ones either.

(31 Mar 2015, 5:26 pm)mb134 wrote I'm a bit surprised as well, especially as Arrivas excuse for not getting them in 7522-8 was "the refurbished examples won't have them" (or words to that effect)

I was told that it was either full rear destinations or white ones.

October 2014 the destination update... still haven't fixed the rear destinations.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - PH - BQA - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I was told that it was either full rear destinations or white ones.

October 2014 the destination update... still haven't fixed the rear destinations.

That's a bit silly, they should be throwing money at it, it's a premium service!!

Aye, how'd you think I identified 7524 from ASDA yesterday man!

(31 Mar 2015, 5:18 pm)Robert wrote E400s NK15 DZR and NK15 DZS arrived today:
Just had a thought, these are the last two Enviro 400's so is it possible these are white for the 6 and the rest could be orange for the 7?

Just a theory, although the Pulsars originally going on the 6 off the 7 have orange screens so that would mean white/orange screens too.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Dan - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:27 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote They're making a right cock-up with this mind, orange destys and white destys.

It probably won't have full rear destys or white side ones either.

Let's not jump to conclusions... Although it's quite unlikely (given Arriva's reputation with inconsistencies), they may swap the amber LEDs out of the Puslars and order a new set of white for each of the Pulsars allocated to the 6 and 7 services.

I'd put money on it being amber side/rear displays. It's been suggested previously that it would make the vehicles non-compliant because you cannot have white light on the rear, but as operators up and down the country are using white LED displays all around and Hanover are selling them, I think it's probably related to cost...

(31 Mar 2015, 5:29 pm)Tommy_1581 wrote I was told that it was either full rear destinations or white ones.

It's quite poor that the switch settings for the rear destination displays are still set incorrectly. They've gone to the additional cost of ordering full sized rear displays, but haven't actually configured them so that they're set to be full sized rear displays. I've heard one or two stories about it, but the most logical is that the Next Stop Announcements have messed up the configuration of the profile. They're still flashing regularly too, which is linked.

(31 Mar 2015, 5:45 pm)Dan wrote It's quite poor that the switch settings for the rear destination displays are still set incorrectly. They've gone to the additional cost of ordering full sized rear displays, but haven't actually configured them so that they're set to be full sized rear displays. I've heard one or two stories about it, but the most logical is that the Next Stop Announcements have messed up the configuration of the profile. They're still flashing regularly too, which is linked.
What annoys me though, is that they have fixed it on 7524, so they know the problem exists and they can't be bothered to fix it. I think you're right about the NSA's being heavily involved in that, because the ones on 7524 seemed good yesterday, fully on the screen, no black strips etc.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Dan - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 5:50 pm)mb134 wrote What annoys me though, is that they have fixed it on 7524, so they know the problem exists and they can't be bothered to fix it. I think you're right about the NSA's being heavily involved in that, because the ones on 7524 seemed good yesterday, fully on the screen, no black strips etc.

Go North East had similar issues with their "Venture" branded Solo SRs when they first entered service, but the issues were resolved within a week. Crazy that one has been fixed and the others were left.

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Adrian - 31 Mar 2015

I suggest everyone drops them an email with the same list of vehicles. If they get a good handful, it'll be interesting to see how long they're not working for after the emails are acknowledged? Request a response in writing too.

(31 Mar 2015, 6:03 pm)aureolin wrote I suggest everyone drops them an email with the same list of vehicles. If they get a good handful, it'll be interesting to see how long they're not working for after the emails are acknowledged? Request a response in writing too.

Aye, I emailed them regarding 7501's NSA's the other week (after months of it displaying "welcome to Sapphire" or something like that) and it was sorted within days, received an email yesterday telling me so. 

(31 Mar 2015, 6:07 pm)mb134 wrote Aye, I emailed them regarding 7501's NSA's the other week (after months of it displaying "welcome to Sapphire" or something like that) and it was sorted within days, received an email yesterday telling me so. 
You should see the NSA's on Darlington's Pulsars on the 1/5/5A, they all seem to be at different volumes, some just display "Arriva, Go On, Get On" some have a black screen with a small white box some with and others without announcements. Two Sapphire Pulsars have the screen too far to the right and have done since not long after entering service.

At least 1426 doesn't seem to be confined to Darlington Town Services anymore which means another Pulsar back on the 1/5/5A

RE: Arriva North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2015 - Adrian - 31 Mar 2015

(31 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm)Jimmi wrote You should see the NSA's on Darlington's Pulsars on the 1/5/5A, they all seem to be at different volumes, some just display "Arriva, Go On, Get On" some have a black screen with a small white box some with and others without announcements. Two Sapphire Pulsars have the screen too far to the right and have done since not long after entering service.

At least 1426 doesn't seem to be confined to Darlington Town Services anymore which means another Pulsar back on the 1/5/5A

I think it was tyresmoke that said in the past that the NSA volume can be controlled from the cab. It's a recipe for disaster from the start. I think the ones that display "Arriva, Go On, Get On", are similar to when some of GNE's just display "# Service - aaaa to bbbb", but I could be wrong! No idea what causes that though?

I'd imagine the screens are under warranty for at least the first 12 months, so I'm surprised those ones haven't been replaced, if they've been like that since not long after entering service?

(31 Mar 2015, 6:24 pm)aureolin wrote I think it was tyresmoke that said in the past that the NSA volume can be controlled from the cab. It's a recipe for disaster from the start. I think the ones that display "Arriva, Go On, Get On", are similar to when some of GNE's just display "# Service - aaaa to bbbb", but I could be wrong! No idea what causes that though?

I'd imagine the screens are under warranty for at least the first 12 months, so I'm surprised those ones haven't been replaced, if they've been like that since not long after entering service?

The 1/5/5A Pulsars display "Arriva, Go on, get on" between announcements but when they are on a route that doesn't have the route programmed in it just displays "Arriva, Go On, Get On"

When the Sapphire 7 Pulsars end up off route it just displays Sapphire on the screen.

The two Pulsars on the 7 with the display too far to the right were fine when they entered service but within a month or so two ended up like this and are still like this a year later.

No idea what is wrong with the NSA's screens on the 1/5/5A, some will be the drivers turning the volume down but some of the screens are just black with a little white box. Some only display "Arriva, Go On, Get On" even when they are on the 5/5A.

The NSA seem to be hooked to the screens (or something similar) as randomly the announcements on the morning 7 journeys up to Framwellgate Moor didn't have announcements, the screen just flicks between advertising features - WiFi, charging points, dedicated drivers.

Also the MAX Omnicitys at Darlington now have NSA's but they don't work on the X66, just shows "Arriva, Go on, get on"

Can anyone shed any light on the photo ANE posted on their Facebook page when the signed off today?

Something along the lines of "Soundtrack to your bus journey" including "Man Who Can't Be Moved, I Will Wait, Shut Up and Drive"

(31 Mar 2015, 8:08 pm)mb134 wrote Can anyone shed any light on the photo ANE posted on their Facebook page when the signed off today?

Something along the lines of "Soundtrack to your bus journey" including "Man Who Can't Be Moved, I Will Wait, Shut Up and Drive"

No idea.

Here is what he is referring to.
https://www.facebook.com/arrivanortheast/photos/a.10150099007566173.277433.94877246172/10152811077996173/?type=1&theater

(31 Mar 2015, 6:20 pm)Jimmi wrote You should see the NSA's on Darlington's Pulsars on the 1/5/5A, they all seem to be at different volumes, some just display "Arriva, Go On, Get On" some have a black screen with a small white box some with and others without announcements. Two Sapphire Pulsars have the screen too far to the right and have done since not long after entering service.

Aye, it's annoying, Arriva (or is it these routes the council funded the NSA's?) have paid for the kit, so it seems a shame not to be using it, bit of a waste of money. 

(31 Mar 2015, 8:15 pm)mb134 wrote Aye, it's annoying, Arriva (or is it these routes the council funded the NSA's?) have paid for the kit, so it seems a shame not to be using it, bit of a waste of money. 

I believe Darlington Borough Council in some form gave money for Arriva to fit the NSA's to these services. Then you also have Solos popping up on these routes too so that makes a mockery of things too, should be even worse come May when the 1 will no longer run to Darlington College (and Lingfield Point at peak times) and it now additionally interwork with the 19 which will mean a PVR increase of 1 (will now be a PVR of 11)

(31 Mar 2015, 8:21 pm)Jimmi wrote I believe Darlington Borough Council in some form gave money for Arriva to fit the NSA's to these services. Then you also have Solos popping up on these routes too so that makes a mockery of things too, should be even worse come May when the 1 will no longer run to Darlington College (and Lingfield Point at peak times) and it now additionally interwork with the 19 which will mean a PVR increase of 1 (will now be a PVR of 11)

Then that's even worse! If I was someone who gave Arriva some money, I'd want them to have the NSA's working!!