North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - August 2013 (/showthread.php?tid=1246)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

RE: Go North East - gtom - 13 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 10:57 pm)CatsFast101 wrote I would define them as plum tbh.. And where does that leave the WTX?

Broken down by the side of the road

RE: Go North East - Dan - 14 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 10:13 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote the maroon metrolink buses are for waggonway some are for lambton worm to be repainted while the last 2 are Northern red i got this info from Daniel Annis ask him he would tell ya he is a saltmeadows driver

Drivers don't always know the correct information. Ask someone in Head Office and they may have a different story to tell.
I'm going to look like a right cock if plans have changed from the Wear Tees Xpress.

RE: Go North East - GuyParkRoyal - 14 Aug 2013

21 and X21 services towards Newcstle diverted between Chester Moor and Chester le Street Front Street due to roadworks on the A167 applies until late evening on Friday 16th August. (south bound services are not affected).
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98641142@N08/9509658478/

RE: Go North East - CatsFast101 - 14 Aug 2013

Well I take back what I said yesterday an X7 left Peterlee to Middlesbrough today was jam packed! Literally not a spare seat. Loadings seem to good across the route.

RE: Go North East - Chris - 14 Aug 2013

(13 Aug 2013, 9:53 pm)Andreos1 wrote So if someone relies on the X25 after being to the match, they're either going to have a mad dash or a long wait.

I wonder how many of these changes are down to cost cutting, driver shortages or drivers hours regs, opposed to the economic viability of certain services?

With the spectre of QCS looming large over GNE, I can't help but feel the timing of the recent spate of changes is interesting. Withdrawing or curtailing journies is bound to antagonise Nexus, just as the consultation period begins. Kinda like prodding a lion with a stick just before it's released from a cage?

RE: Go North East - big mac - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 11:52 am)Chris wrote With the spectre of QCS looming large over GNE, I can't help but feel the timing of the recent spate of changes is interesting. Withdrawing or curtailing journies is bound to antagonise Nexus, just as the consultation period begins. Kinda like prodding a lion with a stick just before it's released from a cage?

It's exactly this sort of behaviour from the likes of GNE that makes Quality Contract Schemes look more appealing. Withdrawing a load of journeys on several different services and dressing them up as "minor timetable changes" just shows contempt for the customer.

RE: Go North East - eezypeazy - 14 Aug 2013

I think that GNE (and the other operators) are caught between a rock and a hard place. From what I've seen, most of these changes are to 'improve reliability.' If their reliability falls beneath the Traffic Commissioner's target of 99.5%, or their punctuality falls beneath the TC's 95% target, they've got to take action - even when the reliability and punctuality issues are down to traffic congestion or other issues beyond the operators' direct control. So you can't avoid having to make changes!

RE: Go North East - cbma06 - 14 Aug 2013

As part of the savings identified in our Corporate Plan, a review is being undertaken of every service. The aim is to ensure that every journey carries enough passengers to cover operating costs.

As a result, you will see that minor timetable changes are being introduced on most routes, mainly at the start and end of the timetable.
Changes have been phased in with Deptford and Washington depots changing at the start of June, Gateshead, Saltmeadows and Winlaton at the end of July. The remaining depots will be affected from the start of the new school year in September.

There are a number of other changes being introduced in the coming months in response to customer requests and recent consultation exercises.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 14 Aug 2013

There are a number of other changes being introduced in the coming months in response to customer requests and recent consultation exercises.

What other services are changing, it seems GNE have already changed most of their services.

(14 Aug 2013, 12:57 pm)Michael wrote There are a number of other changes being introduced in the coming months in response to customer requests and recent consultation exercises.

What other services are changing, it seems GNE have already changed most of their services.

l like to know what was the recent consultation exercises were.

RE: Go North East - Michael - 14 Aug 2013

North Sunderland - Probley's because they change their services at least twice a year haha

it would be nice to let people know on their facebook which services they are doing changes on because people may only use the service twice a week etc so might miss out

(14 Aug 2013, 1:07 pm)Michael wrote North Sunderland - Probley's because they change their services at least twice a year haha

it would be nice to let people know on their facebook which services they are doing changes on because people may only use the service twice a week etc so might miss out

At the moment with bus companies changes there bus services there inform the council, government lol, there own pet dog lol, but as always the passenger always end up knowing at the last minute before the bus service gets changed, even though in reality the passenger are the one who actually pays for this service otherwise the bus service wont run at all.

RE: Go North East - MurdnunoC - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 1:02 pm)cbma06 wrote l like to know what was the recent consultation exercises were.

So would I. The consultation exercises are becoming more and more vague. Once upon a time everything was available on the website - for everyone to see. Now it appears that consultations are only available in treeware formats, either on the bus or by post. Around 8000 questionnaires were handed out around Low Fell regarding changes to the 1/24/24a, however, judging by some responses on Facebook, it seems that the questionnaires have remained elusive to some passengers. And now it is revealed that further consultations are currently being carried out on selected services yet no information is given to what services might be subjected to future changes. Of course, web-based consultations are open to all sort of abuse so I understand GNE's decision, if that is indeed the reason why, to discontinue this practice. However, I feel that the customers should be made more aware that their bus services are under review and more should be done to draw ones attention to any sort of consultation.

Even while I'm at a rainy Blackpool, I cannot escape texts with odd workings..!
Venture MPD is on the Lime cycle today.

RE: Go North East - gtom - 14 Aug 2013

On the Consultations

The last Gateshead one.

For the X21 the 3 most requested stops were Low Fell Town Centre, Harlow Green and Birtley Station Lane. None of these are served.

1/3 of people wanted Pilgrim Street as a terminus as it was more convenient. Buses serve Eldon Square

52% were in favour of low floor single deck buses on the X21. Pronto is operated by double deck services.

60% of people thought it was a good idea to simplify fares to offer better value tickets - Angel Saver price rose.

81% of people DIDN'T CARE about the plans to shorten the Coaster Route and terminate it at Gateshead, but apparently they do now

Kibblesworth customers wanted more important links to Gateshead and Newcastle. Birtley and Chester Le Street were not important. - Waggonway diverted through Kibblesworth.

41% were against a Waggonway diversion to Kibblesworth - Waggonway serves Kibblesworth

Four key themes came out, one was

'Concerns over reliability and increased journey times on service 28A' - Since the changes the Waggonway is arguably GNE's most unreliable service (most likely due to stock)

RE: Go North East - GuyParkRoyal - 14 Aug 2013

Another OK branded Solar working in Chester le Street. 5233 is out on the Lambton Worm 34 today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98641142@N08/9508247571/
Edit: 15/8/2013. The Lambton Worm is now running with 2 OK branded Solars.
5233 on the 34A, 09 past the hour at The Red Lion Chester le Street.
5232 on the 34, 24 past the hour at The Red Lion Chester le Street.

RE: Go North East - Andreos1 - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 3:29 pm)GuyParkRoyal wrote Another OK branded Solar working in Chester le Street. 5233 is out on the Lambton Worm 34 today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/98641142@N08/9508247571/

Was just about to mention that.
Noticed most of the vinyls remained, bar the OK1 destination ones on the sides

edit: Just looked at photo and the vinyls are still on... Must have just imagined that bit - or the light was shining on them as I drove past it

RE: Go North East - tyresmoke - 14 Aug 2013

Well first day back in Newcastle working Metros after 5 days off allowed me to see various odd workings....

6022 on 21, 4949 on X9, 3860? (W866PNL, DFDS one) on 496 I think it was Smile

(14 Aug 2013, 10:51 am)CatsFast101 wrote Well I take back what I said yesterday an X7 left Peterlee to Middlesbrough today was jam packed! Literally not a spare seat. Loadings seem to good across the route.

Stockton market day on Wednesday, even 21As bring standing loads into Stockton on Wednesdays!

RE: Go North East - Malarkey - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 3:08 pm)Daniel wrote Even while I'm at a rainy Blackpool, I cannot escape texts with odd workings..!
Venture MPD is on the Lime cycle today.

I got a photo in Sunderland today, Also a Prince Bishops was on the 2C, it first journey was the 16:25 from Park Lane which I got on Home and also got a few photos of which will be uploaded later. Didn't SC 628 Today though, must been having a days rest after running on the X36/238 and 73 in the past few days. 8319 was on the 42 again, 3rd day this week, FAB56 was on the 38 Yesterday also. There will more photos from Sunderland Mon-Thurs for the next 3-4 weeks as I am on a Customer Service Course. So keep a look out on my Flickr account for updates.

RE: Go North East - CitaroFavourite - 14 Aug 2013

4958 was on 88/88A red kite ominicities are receiving a new blind with toon link renowns and eclipse also today that shocked me the most was a Diamond on 46 I was about to head to Subway when this happned but had to wait another 10 mins so I could get photo and I did managed a photo at last at 1st I thought it said 44 til it said consett

(14 Aug 2013, 6:14 pm)Adam Malarkey wrote 8319 was on the 42 again, 3rd day this week

Generally speaking, she is allocated to the 42 daily. Has been on there every day for the past two weeks or so if I am correct. Minus Sundays, when I have seen her on 26As instead.

(14 Aug 2013, 6:40 pm)Daniel wrote Generally speaking, she is allocated to the 42 daily. Has been on there every day for the past two weeks or so if I am correct. Minus Sundays, when I have seen her on 26As instead.

Normally varies when I see it as I caught it on the 37/42/61 and 700 in my recent visits to Sunderland, Hopefully i'll see it on something different i.e. 20 or 35 or something.

(14 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote 4958 was on 88/88A red kite ominicities are receiving a new blind with toon link renowns and eclipse also today that shocked me the most was a Diamond on 46 I was about to head to Subway when this happned but had to wait another 10 mins so I could get photo and I did managed a photo at last at 1st I thought it said 44 til it said consett

Punctuation doesn't get charged per use you know! Might make a bit more sense, whatever you were trying to say?!

Go North East - Latest - Andreos1 - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 3:21 pm)gtomlinson wrote On the Consultations

The last Gateshead one.

For the X21 the 3 most requested stops were Low Fell Town Centre, Harlow Green and Birtley Station Lane. None of these are served.

1/3 of people wanted Pilgrim Street as a terminus as it was more convenient. Buses serve Eldon Square

52% were in favour of low floor single deck buses on the X21. Pronto is operated by double deck services.

60% of people thought it was a good idea to simplify fares to offer better value tickets - Angel Saver price rose.

81% of people DIDN'T CARE about the plans to shorten the Coaster Route and terminate it at Gateshead, but apparently they do now

Kibblesworth customers wanted more important links to Gateshead and Newcastle. Birtley and Chester Le Street were not important. - Waggonway diverted through Kibblesworth.

41% were against a Waggonway diversion to Kibblesworth - Waggonway serves Kibblesworth

Four key themes came out, one was

'Concerns over reliability and increased journey times on service 28A' - Since the changes the Waggonway is arguably GNE's most unreliable service (most likely due to stock)

hahaha, love it!

I picked up on the Chester/Birtley thing and mentioned as much in the bus suggestion thread - with them forcing a Chester service onto Kibby again.

The rest, well its just shambolic. Why bother coming up with the questions and go to the expense of getting these opinions and then ignore it?
It is also interesting to see the comments about residents not seeing the latest survey.
After paying for the the printing, are GNE staff delivering it or are they going to the expense of hiring a distributor?
Serious questions need asking, if residents aren't getting it posted through their doors nor passengers having any input on the services they use.

RE: Go North East - CitaroFavourite - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 7:05 pm)tyresmoke wrote Punctuation doesn't get charged per use you know! Might make a bit more sense, whatever you were trying to say?!
5288 on 46
red kite ominicities now are starting to display new numbering
Toon Link buses now have the same photos are on flicker

Odd Working 14/08/13

Prince Bishops 4989 on the 2C
Photo 1: Park Lane http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9509715083/
Photo 2: Lambton http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9512505392/

Venture 619 on the Lime 78
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9512506044/

Laser 5305 has had it's Rear Blind Covered so it's only a small Square
http://www.flickr.com/photos/adammalarkey/9509713955/

(14 Aug 2013, 7:26 pm)CitaroFavourite wrote 5288 on 46
red kite ominicities now are starting to display new numbering
Toon Link buses now have the same photos are on flicker

Oh right, coloured LEDs or a new font? Am i right in thinking Red Kites have always had coloured LEDs ?

RE: Go North East - Kuyoyo - 14 Aug 2013

(14 Aug 2013, 8:30 pm)tyresmoke wrote Oh right, coloured LEDs or a new font? Am i right in thinking Red Kites have always had coloured LEDs ?

I think he means done in the current style - white number on red background. Been like that for a few weeks now.

628 is on 136s this evening.