North East Buses
Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions (/showthread.php?tid=1759)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 21 Feb 2017

(20 Feb 2017, 4:46 pm)Jamie M wrote Panels are hit and replaced all of the time. Look at the redkits and ventures - they're about 5% branded now!
A streetlite on the X66 is flying around with no front branding. You can't get signs from these until a few have been completely debranded!

But there would be no point replacing the panels if a bus was in line to be completely stripped and repainted though.

Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - S813 FVK - 21 Feb 2017

(21 Feb 2017, 10:50 am)L469 YVK wrote But there would be no point replacing the panels if a bus was in line to be completely stripped and repainted though.

But replacing the branding takes time. It doesn't suggest that they are going to be replaced to me at all.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - V514DFT - 21 Feb 2017

Whats the likely hood of the 1 getting cascaded deckers if any become available

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Malarkey - 23 Mar 2017

(23 Mar 2017, 11:56 am)Ryan99 wrote thought i would mention that told of a hexham driver that X85 will be extending to bellingham and that the 682 & 680 merginging into 1 route its all tals but would be good. Also to point it out if the 49/49A has recieved streetlites and the durham diamond 16/16A has could potentially see the 57 and 35/35A/36 recieve them too. The only mercedes benz citaros in the fleet without wifi is the see it do it sunderland yet the 57 route is only 1 hour 19 minuteslong but the 35 is 106(?) minutes long which in my eyes it should have wifi.

(23 Mar 2017, 4:23 pm)Michael wrote Looks like it, or the Toonlink unless another brand is getting a redesign but i would say the "Loop".
I would also go with the 93/94, given the fact that the is 9 (07 Reg) Citaros = 8 Branded + 1 Spare, with the Solars going into Corporate Livery, as it does look like the 54 reg solars will be gradually replacing 2001/2002 batch of Solars across multiple depots, this already started to take place with the former Fast Cats batch replacing the 52 reg Solars which are being converted in Driver Trainers, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Green Arrows upgraded via Cascades once further New Vehicles arrive either.
(23 Mar 2017, 5:59 pm)Tom wrote I would say they are for the 12/12A and the Omnicities have been mentioned about possibly going to Stanley?

While I do think the Omnicities will be replaced on the 12/12A due to depot standardisation, I don't see why Stanley would need them, so I would think the 12/12A would operated by Solars in the future with the Omnicities going over to Chester le Street for the 28/28A, again like above replacing the older batch of Solars.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Ryan99 - 23 Mar 2017

i wouldnt be surprised if streetlites are on order for 35/35A/36 and the 27. ive heard that the 34 is getting themand also does anyone know when the actual order list is released.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamie M - 24 Mar 2017

(23 Mar 2017, 10:36 pm)Malarkey wrote I would also go with the 93/94, given the fact that the is 9 (07 Reg) Citaros = 8 Branded + 1 Spare, with the Solars going into Corporate Livery, as it does look like the 54 reg solars will be gradually replacing 2001/2002 batch of Solars across multiple depots, this already started to take place with the former Fast Cats batch replacing the 52 reg Solars which are being converted in Driver Trainers, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Green Arrows upgraded via Cascades once further New Vehicles arrive either.

While I do think the Omnicities will be replaced on the 12/12A due to depot standardisation, I don't see why Stanley would need them, so I would think the 12/12A would operated by Solars in the future with the Omnicities going over to Chester le Street for the 28/28A, again like above replacing the older batch of Solars.
Maybe changes to the 6? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]
I shall say no more, but that there are a lot of V reg deckers which will be happily replaced by the current allocation.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Dan - 24 Mar 2017

(23 Mar 2017, 11:33 pm)Ryan99 wrote i wouldnt be surprised if streetlites are on order for 35/35A/36 and the 27. ive heard that the 34 is getting themand also does anyone know when the actual order list is released.

The order list is never released - it's commercially sensitive information.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Michael - 24 Mar 2017

(23 Mar 2017, 10:36 pm)Malarkey wrote I would also go with the 93/94, given the fact that the is 9 (07 Reg) Citaros = 8 Branded + 1 Spare, with the Solars going into Corporate Livery, as it does look like the 54 reg solars will be gradually replacing 2001/2002 batch of Solars across multiple depots, this already started to take place with the former Fast Cats batch replacing the 52 reg Solars which are being converted in Driver Trainers, I wouldn't be suprised to see the Green Arrows upgraded via Cascades once further New Vehicles arrive either.

Ye, it seems better, the Loop has been around a long time with no major changes at all (i think), it seems likely it'll get better buses.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Jamie M - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 3:28 pm)Michael wrote Ye, it seems better, the Loop has been around a long time with no major changes at all (i think), it seems likely it'll get better buses.
It's part of the former low-cost unit at gateshead, so I'd be inclined to disagree. So long as there are buses with 4 wheels on, I'd say it ticks all of the boxes. The current solars do a good job. I take it almost every day and it's perfect for the route. Mercs should be reserved for more upscale work, like routes which find themselves in and out of central gateshead. Given the scanias aren't depot standard, I see those going to Stanley for what I mentioned above - changes to all of the Stanley expresses to remove double decks when they clearly aren't needed. With the 5 extra scanias, there'd only need to be a few other buses to meet the PVR. Streetlites could come from anywhere to make this work - Saltie Parks? They were updated from those awful versas years ago and could be covered by the mercs which are left over, if my calculations are ok.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - citaro5284 - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 6:43 pm)Jamie M wrote It's part of the former low-cost unit at gateshead, so I'd be inclined to disagree. So long as there are buses with 4 wheels on, I'd say it ticks all of the boxes. The current solars do a good job. I take it almost every day and it's perfect for the route. Mercs should be reserved for more upscale work, like routes which find themselves in and out of central gateshead. Given the scanias aren't depot standard, I see those going to Stanley for what I mentioned above - changes to all of the Stanley expresses to remove double decks when they clearly aren't needed. With the 5 extra scanias, there'd only need to be a few other buses to meet the PVR. Streetlites could come from anywhere to make this work - Saltie Parks? They were updated from those awful versas years ago and could be covered by the mercs which are left over, if my calculations are ok.

Are you talking about the Loop as they have never been low cost?

(24 Mar 2017, 6:48 pm)citaro5284 wrote Are you talking about the Loop as they have never been low cost?
I thought it was? Oh well. My idea still stands with that minor flaw!

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - L469 YVK - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 5:57 am)Dan wrote The order list is never released - it's  commercially sensitive information.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

When did the Go Ahead group stop releasing information on orders? I know that the last time we found out well beforehand was the 2013/14 orders but since then (bar that time Citaro gave the game away about Ireland), no orders have been released?

Has it just been a recent policy introduced or did GNE just announce the orders due to it being around the centenary mark?

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - cbma06 - 24 Mar 2017

Don't know why it's sensitive information as Stagecoach and Arriva new orders are not sensitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - March 2017 - Adrian - 24 Mar 2017

(24 Mar 2017, 7:09 pm)cbma06 wrote Don't know why it's sensitive information as Stagecoach and Arriva new orders are not sensitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see why it wouldn't be commercially sensitive? The difference is that with Arriva and Stagecoach, they order for the whole UK operation, and you tend to find out in dribs and drabs what is going where?

GNE and other Go Ahead companies order just for that company, so it wouldn't be too difficult to establish what is going to go where, if the information was released. This would allow competitors enough time to react to the order and divert their own resources.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 04 Apr 2017

I've just realised looking at the VOSA registrations that the PVR of the 6 if it went standalone would stand at 6 vehicles. Could this signal a move in the future for the TTX B9s?

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - GX03 - 05 Apr 2017

(04 Apr 2017, 9:41 pm)L469 YVK wrote I've just realised looking at the VOSA registrations that the PVR of the 6 if it went standalone would stand at 6 vehicles. Could this signal a move in the future for the TTX B9s?

No it's not standing alone when the May changes come in.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Malarkey - 09 Apr 2017

48 Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid Euro 6 - Coaster, The Crusader & See It, Do It, Sunderland
  • 11 Mercedes Citaros to Washington for the Whey Aye Five 0 to standardise fleet at Washington
  • 10 Mercedes Citaros to Riverside for the Green Arrow, Scania L94UB Wright Solars would go into Corporate Livery 
  • 8 Mercedes Citaros to Riverside for The Loop, Scania L94UB Wright Solars would go into Corporate Livery
  • 8 Scania Omnicities allocated to Percy Main for the Blue Arrow
  • 5 Scania Omnicities allocated to Chester le Street for the Waggonway
  • Other remaining Omnicities would be allocated to the 13/14 & X25 at Chester le Street, and spares at Percy Main for the 11
15 Wright StreetDeck - TEN
  • Volvo B9TL's would reallocated to Stanley for the 6/X30/X31/X70 & X71

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Jamie M - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 1:33 pm)Malarkey wrote 48 Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid Euro 6 - Coaster, The Crusader & See It, Do It, Sunderland
  • 11 Mercedes Citaros to Washington for the Whey Aye Five 0 to standardise fleet at Washington
  • 10 Mercedes Citaros to Riverside for the Green Arrow, Scania L94UB Wright Solars would go into Corporate Livery 
  • 8 Mercedes Citaros to Riverside for The Loop, Scania L94UB Wright Solars would go into Corporate Livery
  • Other remaining Omnicities would be allocated to the 13/14 & X25 at Chester le Street, and spares at Percy Main for the 11
The latter would be a bad idea. Great for premium style, but stanleys services are dead most of the time.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - JP6004 - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 1:33 pm)Malarkey wrote 48 Wright Streetlite Micro-Hybrid Euro 6 - Coaster, The Crusader & See It, Do It, Sunderland

PVR of the Ten is 16

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Kuyoyo - 09 Apr 2017

One minor issue - the X30 goes under a low bridge, which the B9TLs (being full height) wouldn't be able to go under. 3995/6 are also not able to go under it (notice in the cab by the destination control).

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Jamie M - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 2:09 pm)Kuyoyo wrote One minor issue - the X30 goes under a low bridge, which the B9TLs (being full height) wouldn't be able to go under. 3995/6 are also not able to go under it (notice in the cab by the destination control).
They just go around the back to the A1114 if a larger vehicle is sent out. Not a common thing, but not unheard of. It only omits one stop on the side of the junction next to the school.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - L469 YVK - 09 Apr 2017

Personally thought that some cascaded B9s would move to Stanley but given that some of the Omnidekkas are being repainted, it would suggest that they're sticking with them and not upgrading as such.

However, if no more orders come through this year, I can see a big 'bulk' order coming through next year though.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Tom - 09 Apr 2017

Would probably be better to have Streetlites for the Blue/Green Arrow to give a consistent allocation between them and keep the Omnicities on the 1.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - busmanT - 09 Apr 2017

(12 Feb 2017, 6:54 pm)L469 YVK wrote Are anymore orders due for this financial year then? Not after routes or vehicle types etc, just orders.

There are a further 18 StreetLite due in this financial year, although delivery might run into July. This will make 49 new buses in this financial year.

I can't see many new single decks coming for a few years after these.

(09 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm)busmanT wrote There are a further 18 StreetLite due in this financial year, although delivery might run into July. This will make 49 new buses in this financial year.

Green/Blue Arrow have a total of 18, but can't see them being ordered without a spare?

Was also thinking Quaylink but there wouldn't be enough for them. Can't think of much with a total of 18 unless they are for 2 separate routes.

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - citaro5284 - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 6:33 pm)Tom wrote Green/Blue Arrow have a total of 18, but can't see them being ordered without a spare?

Was also thinking Quaylink but there wouldn't be enough for them. Can't think of much with a total of 18 unless they are for 2 separate routes.

Come on Tom, get your thinking cap on son!  Tongue

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - GX03 - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 6:09 pm)busmanT wrote There are a further 18 StreetLite due in this financial year, although delivery might run into July. This will make 49 new buses in this financial year.

Green Arrow (10) & either Loop (8) or Saltwell Park (8) with the spares being made up of ex Blaydon racer refurb mercs.

(09 Apr 2017, 6:38 pm)GX03 wrote Green Arrow (10) & either Loop (8) or Saltwell Park (8) with the spares being made up of ex Blaydon racer refurb mercs.
You still here? [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH AND SMILING EYES]
Also, what about the 88s. I feel like it's another depot's turn to have a go with the best buses around... - the 09 plate versas. It's about time that we had another lot of single deckers around on the 21.. what better candidates..!

I'm sure ambassador would appreciate one of those purple or green beasts on a morning!

Maybe the X84/5 will also receive some streetlites. They arent ever very busy.

(09 Apr 2017, 6:35 pm)citaro5284 wrote Come on Tom, get your thinking cap on son!  Tongue

Haha think I may have got it - Citylink 57/58 with 2 spare? Especially since the Citaros are heading down to Blackburn for refurb

RE: Go North East: 2016/17 Financial Year Order Predictions - Michael - 09 Apr 2017

(09 Apr 2017, 7:31 pm)Tom wrote Haha think I may have got it - Citylink 57/58 with 2 spare? Especially since the Citaros are heading down to Blackburn for refurb

Would make sense due to the reason above, it would also mean there's 3 spares for the THE 49/Saltwell Park/Citylink 57/58 and the X66.

Cascades:

Citaro's:

Blue Arrow: 5293- 5297 and 5320 - 5322 + 3 (that includes a spare) of the refurbished ones from the ex Blaydon Racer batch

---------------

Versa's

5377 - 5384 - Loop 

-------------------

Scania's from both Blue and Loop to replace older Scania's in the fleet.

It'll depend on what colour the Citylink 57 Citaro's come back as, we might be waiting at least 3-4 weeks, think they're still waiting on around 6 or 7 of the Ex Blaydon Racers Citaro's to arrive back.