North East Buses
Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - January 2015 (/showthread.php?tid=831)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 15 Jan 2015

(14 Jan 2015, 9:26 pm)citaro5284 Dont think the fleet list on here has been updated with the recent repaints Adam.

Certainly hadn't been updated since January 6th - meaning that I hadn't actually updated 4954 to show 'Purple' yet! I've now updated everything, including details of the most recent repaint in the form of Percy Main's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 562 (NK53 TLJ), which arrived at Saltmeadows a few days ago for repaint and has now come out of the paintshop in a fresh coat of corporate livery red. This vehicle has been repainted due to the PVR decrease of the "North Tyne Links" network of services later this month.

(15 Jan 2015, 1:10 am)Venturego Has the Nexus branding for the beginning of QCS been finalised yet - I believe 3 designs were suggested in Appendix K of their proposal document?

How many GNE Brands & Which Brands will disappear when this comes into effect

How many buses will move into the Nexus Brand (Tyne & Wear Routes and majority cross border routes into County Durham & Northumberland) i.e. assuming current depots remain 

I don't think any details have been confirmed yet, but you may be better off asking in our Quality Contracts thread, where discussion regarding Quality Contracts has taken place.

(15 Jan 2015, 7:21 am)Michael No it will be different according to Dan, New name hasn't being confirmed but i'm sure its being a few times that it won't keep the laser name.

I said 'Brand name subject to change'... Tongue
Think it's highly unlikely that the "Laser" name will be retained, as this would cause a fair amount of customer confusion.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:48 am)Dan Certainly hadn't been updated since January 6th - meaning that I hadn't actually updated 4954 to show 'Purple' yet! I've now updated everything, including details of the most recent repaint in the form of Percy Main's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 562 (NK53 TLJ), which arrived at Saltmeadows a few days ago for repaint and has now come out of the paintshop in a fresh coat of corporate livery red. This vehicle has been repainted due to the PVR decrease of the "North Tyne Links" network of services later this month.

I don't think any details have been confirmed yet, but you may be better off asking in our Quality Contracts thread, where discussion regarding Quality Contracts has taken place.

I said 'Brand name subject to change'... Tongue
Think it's highly unlikely that the "Laser" name will be retained, as this would cause a fair amount of customer confusion.

I would like to see the black cats brand return for the 35/36.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Andreos1 - 15 Jan 2015

I have just been checking out the GNE fb page, following reports a bus was involved with an RTC on the A1231 at Peel.

There wasn't much on, but noticed a mention of an incident at Hall Lane yesterday and diversions affecting the 20/20A.
Apparently the 20/20A would be diverting via Hetton Road for a period.

Would love to know when the 20A started operating via Hall Lane. It goes nowhere near! At its nearest timing point to Hall Lane, it is at least a mile away.

Can accept the mistake being made once, but to repeat the mistake more than once and create the impression that the company isn't aware of the routes their services take - very poor.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - idiot - 15 Jan 2015

BBC Newcastle reporting bus and cyclist on. A1231 collision

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - gtom - 15 Jan 2015

The X31 out of Eldon Square at 10.15 (think it was 5250) was involved in a minor RTA on the Bigg Market. A parked delivery van rolled down the street and struck the side. Looked like cosmetic damage

Can I ask that we avoid further discussion of the bus/cyclist incident which happened earlier in Washington? Discussing a potentially fatal accident on the forum may upset readers.

Thanks.

Deptford's former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5326 (NK58 DWD) has now arrived at Saltmeadows for its gold repaint. Fleet lists will be updated accordingly at some point this evening to reflect this.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 6:06 pm)Dan Deptford's former "Silver Arrows" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5326 (NK58 DWD) has now arrived at Saltmeadows for its gold repaint. Fleet lists will be updated accordingly at some point this evening to reflect this.

On Go North East's 4954, iv'e spotted that its down on the caption that it lost its "Laser" branding. =)

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - S813 FVK - 15 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 6:27 pm)Michael On Go North East's 4954, iv'e spotted that its down on the caption that it lost its "Laser" branding. =)

Obviously letting his Copy and Pasting skills slip eh? Tongue 

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 16 Jan 2015

(15 Jan 2015, 7:48 am)Dan Certainly hadn't been updated since January 6th - meaning that I hadn't actually updated 4954 to show 'Purple' yet! I've now updated everything, including details of the most recent repaint in the form of Percy Main's Transbus MPD/Transbus Mini Pointer 562 (NK53 TLJ), which arrived at Saltmeadows a few days ago for repaint and has now come out of the paintshop in a fresh coat of corporate livery red. This vehicle has been repainted due to the PVR decrease of the "North Tyne Links" network of services later this month.

This vehicle has now returned to service at Percy Main following repaint - on North Tyne Links network of services today.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Diamond One - 16 Jan 2015

Could rename the laser brand setting like Golden Arrows the had red and silver in the past on Citaros but the red arrows brand is on geminis now or my alternative something like Gold Cobra got that from a cd I got

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Dan - 16 Jan 2015

Riverside's former "Crusader" branded Mercedes Citaro 0530N/Mercedes Citaro 5332 (BJ10 VUS) arrived at Saltmeadows this morning for repaint. The vehicle will be repainted into Go North East's corporate livery - very much like Percy Main's 562 - due to the PVR decrease of service 27 later this month.

5326 should be back at Deptford now, and will most likely be out in service tomorrow.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - S813 FVK - 17 Jan 2015

Volvo B7TL East Lancs Vyking 3967 was on loan to Stanley Depot last night (or possibly all day), it operated the approx. 1840 43 to Durham.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - L469 YVK - 17 Jan 2015

If GNE were going to move a B9TL from Deptford to Riverside, would it be cheaper to paint 6084 or fit a Tacho in 6099 / 6100?

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - Michael - 17 Jan 2015

6084 already has one fitted.

(17 Jan 2015, 1:10 pm)DaveyBowyer If GNE were going to move a B9TL from Deptford to Riverside, would it be cheaper to paint 6084 or fit a Tacho in 6099 / 6100?

6084 already has a tacho fitted.

RE: Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - citaro5284 - 17 Jan 2015

(17 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm)Michael 6084 already has one fitted.

And its probably going there as well.....

Go North East: Latest News & Discussion - S813 FVK - 17 Jan 2015

(17 Jan 2015, 1:24 pm)Michael 6084 already has one fitted.

Thats what he is saying. Would it:
a) be cheaper to repaint 6084 and transfer it to Riverside
or
b) add a tachograph to 6099 or 6100 and not have to repaint any buses

Any idea when it will be repainted

(17 Jan 2015, 1:35 pm)citaro5284 And I would expect it going to Riverside as well

Aye, any idea when it will be going for a repaint?