North East Buses
Go North East App - Printable Version

+- North East Buses (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums)
+-- Forum: Local Bus Scene (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Go North East (https://northeastbuses.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=54)
+--- Thread: Go North East App (/showthread.php?tid=3605)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Go North East App - Unber43 - 22 Jun 2022

(22 Jun 2022, 3:01 pm)streetdeckfan wrote Seems like it, I got an X31 and X10 earlier, both weren't tracking while I was at the stop, but they were about 5 mins after I got on

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
I was trying to get the 78 from Stanley, and only 3 were tracking and I thought oh Consett must be really bad, then I saw only 3 X20's where tracking and then I knew there was a problem with the trackers, could be the heat.

However there has only been 3 X10's tracking all week, so one bus mustn’t be tracking

Go North East App - cbma06 - 03 Aug 2022

Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East App - streetdeckfan - 03 Aug 2022

(03 Aug 2022, 11:42 am)cbma06 wrote Why is it since the bus changes that the pdf timetables have been removed , also DCC site used to have the pdfs as well but there taken on the same crappy format as GNE, looks like Nexus are the only ones still do the pdfs

Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!

(03 Aug 2022, 11:47 am)streetdeckfan wrote Probably because the timetables have to be manually made and uploaded, and with the speed that they're changing/cutting services, they probably can't keep up!

I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

(03 Aug 2022, 11:56 am)cbma06 wrote I understand about pdfs as paper leaflets, but it’s no manually made for pdf online, better to view the timetable online as pdf rather than the ridiculous format that’s online, and there’s customers who can’t understand the format on there Facebook page.

I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?
It's basically just a table!

(03 Aug 2022, 12:03 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I don't mean for this to come across rude, but how can people not understand the online format?
It's basically just a table!

About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

(03 Aug 2022, 12:10 pm)cbma06 wrote About the amount of customers on gne Facebook page when there announced the bus changes for July, for around a month the customer couldn’t understand the online format and have the be explained from customer services to change the direction of travel and also to change the date , the simplified pdfs were better and easier

See, I find the online format quite easy and intuitive. Having to change the direction of travel is no different to having to look at a different area of the PDF in my view.

Having the ability to change the date also makes it easier when there's a timetable change as you don't have to worry about finding the right timetable that will be in use

RE: Go North East App - F114TML - 03 Aug 2022

It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/assets/GoNorthEast/33_33A_Silksworth-TheDocks_030917.pdf

RE: Go North East App - stagecoachbusdepot - 03 Aug 2022

I do find a traditional timetable easier to navigate than the website version. Having to remember to change the date and the direction is just a pain. Viewing the massive table on some mobile devices isnt easy either, whereas a pdf is pretty accessible on most. I think they were removed though because in the few weeks leading up to the cuts, they couldnt show both the old (then current) and new pdfs so even changing the date to post 25 July still showed the 'old' times.

(03 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm)F114TML wrote It's annoying that you have to keep changing the date on it. It's just so much simpler to have a PDF. If they're continuing the PDFs, clearly they're waiting for them to be done with the fancy style. Remember when around service change time they just did a basic black-text-on-white-background one like this until a fancier one was made?
https://northeastbuses.co.uk/bygone/assets/GoNorthEast/33_33A_Silksworth-TheDocks_030917.pdf

Even DCC used to have a list of services in pdf format in black and white, but now there gone the same way as GNE, only Arriva and nexus that still have the pdfs

RE: Go North East App - streetdeckfan - 19 Sep 2022

Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but has the GNE app always removed the stops that aren't served on a Bank Holiday (and potentially a Sunday) from the app? 

I don't recall seeing that in the past

RE: Go North East App - Andreos1 - 19 Sep 2022

(19 Sep 2022, 9:45 am)streetdeckfan wrote Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but has the GNE app always removed the stops that aren't served on a Bank Holiday (and potentially a Sunday) from the app? 

As long as they sorted the Q3 out when they were on.

The app has (or had) it working its normal route and stops along the Quayside and up Dean Street on a Sunday morning - when the market is in the way

RE: Go North East App - Storx - 19 Sep 2022

(03 Aug 2022, 5:35 pm)cbma06 wrote Even DCC used to have a list of services in pdf format in black and white, but now there gone the same way as GNE, only Arriva and nexus that still have the pdfs

Stagecoach also have timetables.

RE: Go North East App - Unber43 - 19 Sep 2022

(19 Sep 2022, 9:45 am)streetdeckfan wrote Maybe I'm just being stupid here, but has the GNE app always removed the stops that aren't served on a Bank Holiday (and potentially a Sunday) from the app? 

They did the same on the website.

16/A/B, only the 16B route is shown on a Sunday/Bank Hoilday. 

61/61A too, only the 61A map route is showing.

Go North East App - cbma06 - 19 Sep 2022

(19 Sep 2022, 4:57 pm)Unber43 wrote They did the same on the website.

Bring back the pdf’s at least you can view the whole timetable on any given day you like

RE: Go North East App - streetdeckfan - 19 Sep 2022

(19 Sep 2022, 4:57 pm)Unber43 wrote They did the same on the website.

It's not the showing of the route that I'm on about, it's the stops literally don't even show up anymore!

I'm sure in the past they still showed up and when you tapped on them it would just say there were no buses due.

It's a bit silly actually removing them because if I was planning to go to somewhere like Tindale Tesco tomorrow, I wouldn't be able to see on the map where the nearest stop is.

In the screenshot, there should be three stops where the red dots are, but there's only the northbound stop in the bus station showing

[Image: fe015af72ee943a7c6e1b5419c50a0d8.jpg]

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk

RE: Go North East App - BusLoverMum - 19 Sep 2022

No such stops here, so I whizzed over to Thornley which is only served by gne on a sunday/bank holiday and only during daytime and, sure enough, no stops are marked. BUT I then remembered that the 50 also only runs during the day but the stops near me that are only used by that (and the 59) are still showing.

So it's inconsistent.

RE: Go North East App - streetdeckfan - 20 Sep 2022

Seems like the missing stops have now reappeared

RE: Go North East App - BusLoverMum - 06 Oct 2022

Huh

RE: Go North East App - streetdeckfan - 06 Oct 2022

(06 Oct 2022, 8:02 pm)BusLoverMum wrote Huh

I think someone at Passenger (the ones that made the app) accidentally reset the app logo to default! 
Mine has just updated and done the same

Go North East App - Dan - 06 Oct 2022

(06 Oct 2022, 10:08 pm)streetdeckfan wrote I think someone at Passenger (the ones that made the app) accidentally reset the app logo to default! 
Mine has just updated and done the same

Perhaps Go North East are being bought out by Pansdev and that is their logo?

RE: Go North East App - Rob44 - 06 Oct 2022

(06 Oct 2022, 10:28 pm)Dan wrote Perhaps Go North East are being bought out by Pansdev and that is their logo?

Non stick?

RE: Go North East App - Unber43 - 06 Oct 2022

What on earth is PansDev

If its TransDev GNE are done.

RE: Go North East App - Robbie64 - 08 Oct 2022

That logo is awful! Hopefully it'll be updated back to the usual GNE one soon.

RE: Go North East App - Storx - 08 Oct 2022

(06 Oct 2022, 10:34 pm)Unber43 wrote What on earth is PansDev

If its TransDev GNE are done.

He's winding you up, it's the Passenger logo who make the app - https://passenger.tech/news/welcome-aboard-connecting-with-our-company-culture/

RE: Go North East App - F114TML - 08 Oct 2022

It's been like that for me ever since I installed it...

RE: Go North East App - BusLoverMum - 10 Oct 2022

(08 Oct 2022, 7:44 am)Storx wrote He's winding you up, it's the Passenger logo who make the app - https://passenger.tech/news/welcome-aboard-connecting-with-our-company-culture/
Husband's boss doesn't hand out lego. I'd best not show him that. (though we do currently have a LiDAR device in the front room. That's even more fun)

RE: Go North East App - Robbie64 - 11 Oct 2022

There's a new update just come through Google Play Store (android) which "fixes issue with incorrect icon showing on homescreen" and which has solved the issue.

RE: Go North East App - BusLoverMum - 11 Oct 2022

Yes, mine came back, this afternoon.

RE: Go North East App - Adrian - 11 Oct 2022

My icon seems to be back to normal now too.

Must have been a certain plonker on Facebook meddling.